PDA

View Full Version : Isiah kicks H20 to the curb

Trin_Starr
Oct 20, 2007, 11:19
http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/knicks/archives/2007/10/exclusive_knick.html

Toons
Oct 20, 2007, 11:32
This had to happen, and jerome james is going under knee surgery, and will miss the entire season....so that frees up 2 spots for jordan n nichols

metrocard
Oct 20, 2007, 11:52
Just makes me hate Isiah more, cutting one of my favorite players of all time.

Trin_Starr
Oct 20, 2007, 12:00
i thought he should have at least given him til Oct 31 before making a decision.

Starks
Oct 20, 2007, 12:57
Low class move by Zeke. At least give him a shot dude.

And he wonders why the media/fans hate him???

6 mins of playing time was enough to make a decision? He never had a chance. I hope he comes back with San Antonio and gets his ring.

This is just demoralizing.

pat
Oct 20, 2007, 13:03
This is way more than a marketing disaster. It is really below the belt. Although I am a Knicks fan I hope he is going to kill us the first night he is going to play against the Knicks. 10 of 10 from behind the ark ;)

The 1 and Only
Oct 20, 2007, 13:14
If people would just read the article...it said HE as in allan houston decided to end his comeback...not Isiah. Allan also said he wasn't really in game shape. Man...i guess Isiah is just that easy to hate huh lol. DAG ya'll some haters lol.

MSGhobo247
Oct 20, 2007, 13:19
"I think it is better for the team to move on without me," Houston said in the release.

sounds like his own choice to me too

nyKnicks126
Oct 20, 2007, 13:22
What else was he going to say. He is a True Knick, and I am angry that he didn't even really have a chance at it. I wish him luck to whatever team he might go to next, hey he might prove that the knicks made a mistake once again.

Isiah's Advocate 33
Oct 20, 2007, 13:36
Just makes me hate Isiah more, cutting one of my favorite players of all time.

Well I know that you're el conocimiento of this forum, but I don't think that holds much weight in the Knicks front office! I like Allan Houston just as much as the next Knick fan, as a Kentucky basketball fan I got to see him play in Tennessee and I rembered thinking back in 94 how I wanted to see him as a Knick, but as a fan I hated see him riding the bench wearing a different number and hearing that he was getting burnt on defense. We all know that you don't like Isiah, but if Allan was playing any thing like the Houston of old then I don't think Isiah wouldv'e cut him.

If people would just read the article...it said HE as in allan houston decided to end his comeback...not Isiah. Allan also said he wasn't really in game shape. Man...i guess Isiah is just that easy to hate huh lol. DAG ya'll some haters lol.

If he kept him everyone would be saying he only kept him to save face! so it's a lose lose situation for Zeke. Look don't get confused by the name, I don't support every Isiah move, but I don't bash every move either because he is our GM! I supported Don Cheaney as our coach, not because he was at all the ideal coach, but because he was OUR coach. So all you Isiah haters aske youself how supportive of the team that makes you!

Musa
Oct 20, 2007, 13:41
I hate Thomas. I never felt that Thomas wanted Allan. He was forced to give him a chance cause of Dolan.

I must confess that I can`t understand Allans decision to sign with the Knicks. I hoped he would sign with the Nets, because they wanted him really. I still hope that he gets the chance to show his abilities. He has a great personality.

F.......ck you THOMAS.

pat
Oct 20, 2007, 14:04
If he kept him everyone would be saying he only kept him to save face! so it's a lose lose situation for Zeke. Look don't get confused by the name, I don't support every Isiah move, but I don't bash every move either because he is our GM! I supported Don Cheaney as our coach, not because he was at all the ideal coach, but because he was OUR coach. So all you Isiah haters aske youself how supportive of the team that makes you!

You really don't get it, do you? Because I am a Knicks fan I have to say what I think is wrong with the team. It is the duty of every good fan, employee, an citizen not to support the leaders of a nation, an institution, a company, and a NBA franchise, blindly. Critical thinking instead of blind, slavish obedience is what being a real fan is about.

Starks
Oct 20, 2007, 15:19
The least Isaiha could have done was give Allan atleast 5 friggin minutes of play at the Garden for the fans to cheer him on a bit.

I was planning on going to a pre-season game with 2 friends, and rockin my Houston jersey.

Zeke has no business sense at all. He really needs some kind of consultant if he ever wants to work in the NBA as an executive with another team. I can't say any organization in the world who would hire him for being anything but a scout.

I hate Dolan, but I'm hoping Dolan has a word with Thomas about cutting him before he even stepped into the Garden.

Yup leave it to Zeke to take a big **** on something positive. I never hated an NBA personality more than Zeke. It's unreal. Call me a hate if you want, i won't deny it. Your all fools if you really think this was Allan's choice. He was forced out when Thomas told him not to get dressed

nyKnicks126
Oct 20, 2007, 15:27
Anybody want to just start a protest against Isiah in front of MSG? He has a sense for the game, but management is not his thing

The 1 and Only
Oct 20, 2007, 16:06
Well I know that you're el conocimiento of this forum, but I don't think that holds much weight in the Knicks front office! I like Allan Houston just as much as the next Knick fan, as a Kentucky basketball fan I got to see him play in Tennessee and I rembered thinking back in 94 how I wanted to see him as a Knick, but as a fan I hated see him riding the bench wearing a different number and hearing that he was getting burnt on defense. We all know that you don't like Isiah, but if Allan was playing any thing like the Houston of old then I don't think Isiah wouldv'e cut him.

EXACTLY. You get the point that others don't get. They beat around the bush and really don't answer the question straight up...a true fan would.

You really don't get it, do you? Because I am a Knicks fan I have to say what I think is wrong with the team. It is the duty of every good fan, employee, an citizen not to support the leaders of a nation, an institution, a company, and a NBA franchise, blindly. Critical thinking instead of blind, slavish obedience is what being a real fan is about.

Look...I'm all about society and everything...but Isiah isn't running the nation lol. He's just running the team and you have NO SAY in that. I know you hated to hear that but it's true. This is a dictatorship. You support the team by paying your money to see entertainment. They could careless if the fans voted David Lee as the start PF...Isiah is still not going to start him. Again I could careless if you hate or love Isiah...and I'm guessing he could careless also. But I'm supporting MY GM because he is the GM of MY TEAM. When you diss Isiah, you are dissing apart of the knicks which brings up the question...are you a true fan? That is not a diss...it is just a simple question so don't get heated. Also...if you claim you are a knick fan you really can't say what is wrong with the team because that is opinion. What Isiah sees what's wrong with the team and what you see that is wrong are complete opposites...but guess who's insight matters...that's right ISIAH THOMAS. So again ya'll can cry all you want to but it gets pretty frustrating when I come on this forum trying to talk basketball and all I hear is moaning and complaining about Isiah Thomas. Go somewhere else with that.

metrocard
Oct 20, 2007, 16:40
I don't know man, it feels like a sucker punch to ribcage from Isiah.

nyKnicks126; You know me man, I'll rally up whole bunch of people for that...so I'll definitely ride with you all the way.

Whenever we get 10 games under .500...we have to seriously end this, and just take action; protest, stop buying MSG products and just boycott the **** out of everything.

This isn't really all about Allan Houston, its just been the way Isiah has manage things here ever since he got here. The way he's dealt with coaches, trading players left and right; signing and obtaining some of the worst contracts you can find in the NBA, off court issues...the resume of losing seasons...etc...The Dolan's need to step down...Isiah has to go if he doesn't totally turn this team around.

Six minutes for Allan Houston...in ****ing preseason; PRESEASON..where you get to evulate who's ready for the season. How the **** do you invite Houston to training camp but only give him six minutes? Its not like we're close in these games either, we got BLOWN out of the building. Theres so many things you can put on this...I'll leave it up to you guys.

nyKnicks126
Oct 20, 2007, 17:31
Metro, we are all Knick fans, WE are the only people that actually care about how our team will do in the future, and now, and the fans live every moment upsides and downsides without the fans there is no Knicks. If we get enough people hey you never know we might be caught on ESPN or something, PTI! Then maybe Dolan might see true fans wanting a change. I dont think a protest has ever been done before, its not to late to try. Cause you just never know.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1905/firethomasmj1.jpg

OriginalKnickGrandson
Oct 20, 2007, 17:35
This tread says "Isiah kicks H20 to the curb" thats not even the case. I don't agree with everything the man does but give him a break. Houston quit cause he couldn't handle it anymore (playing not Zeke). I hope he signs a contract with the Mav's or Spurs rides the pine and collects his ring but I think this cats out of the game for good(playing wise anyway). We should bring him back as a shooting coach or give him a job in the P.R. field.

pyotrveliky
Oct 20, 2007, 19:43
yeah yall are hating hard on zeke this time and i doubt he had much say in it either way - from houston's end or dolan's end. i think there was probably a lot of action behind the scenes that we dont know about so it is what it is.

datruth
Oct 20, 2007, 20:17
yo must be crazy to believe alan houston was actually going make this squad wit his pathetic defense and cant run 20 minutes straight

nyKnicks126
Oct 20, 2007, 20:40
I want to see you at the age of 36 and a bad leg and running 20 minutes straight. You a knick hater. Give the guy respect for tryin. and thats Allan Houston to you! ;)

King Crab
Oct 20, 2007, 21:13
Hi everyone! Newbie here....been a Knick fan (even though I live somewhere far way) since 1993. I've been a supporter since the Ewing/Starks/Oakley era and up to now (though I surprise myself for this).

I've been a fan of Allan Houston ever since we got him back in 1996. Yes, I admit that the Knicks had overpaid him when his contract was renewed (I would have probably only given him 60% of what he was paid). I believe though that we cannot condemn him for that, a good future for your family would be quite a temptation. And from what I've heard from Allan, he has been doing a lot of charity work, so he's giving back to society what was bestowed on him.

I am extremely saddened that H20's comeback attempt to the Knicks had been cut short. He was not given a legit chance. Even Jamal Crawford admitted that H20 still could shoot...and that he was able to keep up guarding a highly athletic and energetic Wilson Chandler. However, six minutes in a preseason game? Why do I have a feeling that our beloved GM Isiah Thomas is afraid of H20 having a good game and showing that he still has something left?

Allan Houston would at least have been a solid veteran presence. Like John Starks serving as a mentor to him, Allan's presence "might" have had a positive impact on Jamal Crawford. As good as Jamal is now, he still has not been able to breakthrough to the level H20 had reached. There is a chance that Allan might have helped Jamal in that aspect.

Finally, this leads me to everybody's favorite GM. I respect Isiah Thomas as a player, I respect him as an evaluator of talent, but he has not done anything to earn respect as the GM of my favorite team in the NBA. I would not even go to the ugly out-of-court issues.

What really is his vision of the team? Does he want to build a run-and-gun team? This is what I got when he traded Kurt Thomas for Q and then got Jerome James ( a shotblocking space eater who is used to playing with an outside shooting team). Or does he want to build a grind-it, pound the ball down low team, the idea I got when he traded two high 1st round picks for Eddy Curry.

The closest thing I got to a vision was when he traded for Zach Randolph and said that he wanted a "power athletic" team and wanted to go low post every possession (thanks for telling everyone what our strategy is, though it is pretty obvious how to beat us). Does he want the Knicks to win by simply outscoring opponents (with our main big men having no defense)? If ever he preached defense in camp, I do not see the team having it soon, with the way the Knicks have been playing.

It is obvious Thomas wants the best possible talent, however this does not necessarily result in a synergy effect on the team. He has had signings which are redundant and not value adding (like overpay Jared Jeffries with a full MLE then draft Renaldo Balkman, a better player who is much cheaper).

If you look at the 1994 New York Knicks team, we did not have the best team out there in terms of talent. In terms of talent, the current team is better than that of the teams that reached the Finals in 1994 and 1999. Those two Eastern Conference champion teams, however, had tons of heart and played excellent defense. Only a very few players in this current team fits that description. We were just one decent game from Starks in order to win the championship in '94.

Until Isiah realizes this "lack of vision", we are not going to go anywhere far. I really hope he proves me wrong but I do not see this happening. I just have been let down a lot of times already. Allan Houston would have helped the young Knicks have a winning attitude, but Isiah just has too much pride to give H20 a chance (he wants it to be HIS team).

I admire Allan Houston's class in handling the situation...and it is unfortunate that he will not be given a second chance to redeem himself. However, with the current leadership the Knicks have at the GM Position, it might have been for the best.

datruth
Oct 20, 2007, 21:29
I want to see you at the age of 36 and a bad leg and running 20 minutes straight. You a knick hater. Give the guy respect for tryin. and thats Allan Houston to you! ;)

nah i respect allan houston for what he has done for the knicks but his time has past, its bad to see a player who was a force struggle to get to the other side of the court like ewing was when he was in da magics, honestly I wouldnt cut anybody for em, i would take nichols over em and it looks like he wont make da team, even if jerome james was to be cut but i would have still liked nichols to get the spot over houston

IcEWaTEr123
Oct 20, 2007, 22:36
the only reason why houston resigned was because he knew isiah would cut him and u cant cut one of the best players in knicks history so houston saved his embarasement. So isiah likes fat jerome james who is out for the season,over allan houston. i cant believe isiah the sexual harasser no class piece a crap.

datruth
Oct 20, 2007, 22:38
So isiah likes fat jerome james who is out for the season,over allan houston. i cant believe isiah the sexual harasser no class piece a crap.

u pay the money thats left for jermone james contract then

IcEWaTEr123
Oct 20, 2007, 22:41
u pay the money thats left for jermone james contract then

this is his 3rd year and hes been terrible the first 2 hes a waste of a roster space. Just buy him out.

NYKnicks15
Oct 21, 2007, 00:36
guys can we atleast get the facts straight... hate zeke or not.. ALLAN HOUSTON decided to end his comeback. it is true isiah gave him the chance because of dolan and needing an upgrade in morale/pr BUT it was H20 who was well aware that he wasnt ready to suit up just quite yet. you can bash isiah all you want, thats fine by me could care less... but lets atleast get the facts striaght when we do

NYC-BOY
Oct 21, 2007, 01:56
:gony:\
Allan quit you really thing Dolan let Isiah force him out you must be crazy. Dolan would have gotten rid of almost everyone on the team for Allan he loves the guy. You guys dont even make any since if you truly beleive Isiah kicked him off the team he just felt he wasnt ready yet

Kiyaman
Oct 21, 2007, 15:11
In a press release handed out at the Knicks' open practice at Hofstra University yesterday, Houston said he decided to end his comeback wit h the club, feeling it was unfair to the team because he needed more time to get into game shape than the Knicks had to give.

Allan Houston is a big threat to Isiah Thomas.
As soon as Isiah Thomas is Fired, Allan Houston and a couple other ex-Knick players will be in the front-office.

The past showed that Isiah Thomas was not strong enough for Allan Houston. And now, Isiah did not invite Allan Houston to camp and can not
cut or waive Allan Houston. So stop with the assumptions this is a multimillion dollar bussiness.

If the Dolan Family want Allan Houston on the roster this season then Allan Houston would be on the 2007-8 roster.
Allan Houston did his Job in checking out Syracuse Star Player Demetris Nicholes vs Isiah Thomas Pet Player Fred Jones.

pat
Oct 21, 2007, 15:45
Allan Houston is a big threat to Isiah Thomas.
As soon as Isiah Thomas is Fired, Allan Houston and a couple other ex-Knick players will be in the front-office.

The past showed that Isiah Thomas was not strong enough for Allan Houston. And now, Isiah did not invite Allan Houston to camp and can not
cut or waive Allan Houston. So stop with the assumptions this is a multimillion dollar bussiness.

If the Dolan Family want Allan Houston on the roster this season then Allan Houston would be on the 2007-8 roster.
Allan Houston did his Job in checking out Syracuse Star Player Demetris Nicholes vs Isiah Thomas Pet Player Fred Jones.

To me that sounds a bit too much like an average conspiracy.

We all don't know what happened. But H20 just doesn't seem to be the guy who would say he is ready to play one week and saying he is not the next. It just seems fishy to me.

lilman_bklyn
Oct 22, 2007, 00:01
I think even with bad knees and poor defense, his shooting touch would have probably been enough to keep him. waive/trade a few heads like James, Rose and whoever else... but it wasn't in the cards.
For people to believe that Isiah, at this point, has enough pull to force Houston to retire is str8 crazy and foolish. If he did, then houston would not have been on the team in the first place. Houston knew, that at this time, he couldn't compete. If the knicks make some trades and are competive laterin the season, don't be surprised to see Houston pull a Roger Clemens.

The positives that need to be seen from this move is, D-Nich will probably stay on the team, with James out (please waive his azz) and no reason to force a spot for Houston, it gives D-Nich the opportunity to make the team, hopefully he gets ample minutes in the next few games...

NYC-BOY
Oct 22, 2007, 06:35
I believe Jeffries has stepped it up defensively anyway but James yeah he can go. And for all the people haiting on Curry he held KG to 13 points its not his fault the rest of his team cant hold down there positions defensivly he was having his own problems in the paint. Curry stepped it up let him do him

:gony:

Kiyaman
Oct 24, 2007, 08:10
To me that sounds a bit too much like an average conspiracy.

We all don't know what happened. But H20 just doesn't seem to be the guy who would say he is ready to play one week and saying he is not the next. It just seems fishy to me.

I'm not saying that Allan Houston did not want to come back and play at least one season in the NBA as a reserve Guard off the bench for a Playoff team. What I'm implicating is both Miami and Nets showed interest in Allan Houston comeback and offered him a ticket for Training Camp.
All of a sudden the Knicks come into the picture and give Allan Houston "Something" to make him stop and think.
Which made him not report on the first day of Training-Camp to any of the offers that were givin to him by the next team.
I do not think Allan Houston forgot any of the humiliation that Isiah Thomas put him through to think that Isiah would want him on the Knick roster.
Allan Houston is way to bright for that, so the Dolans had to offer him a position in the Front-Office if things dont work out well this season with Isiah Thomas. Allan Houston got a great chance to take a good look at all the Knick-Players and coaching staff while in the Knicks training-camp.

Why did the Knicks give Allan Houston that BIG Contract after the 1999 FINALS?
Maybe because Allan Houston accepted and played well with the Knicks New acqusitions that season of Kurt Thomas, Camby, and Sprewell.
Something that Ewing & Coach JVG did not do which caused a Fist fight right outside of MSG with G.M. Ernie Grunfield and Coach JVG. Which had G.M. Ernie Grunfield FIRED the next day. So the Owner Dolan gave FA Allan Houston that contract to stay and be the Captain of this Knick Team while Ewing was screamming publically that he wants to be traded...

nyk_nyk
Oct 24, 2007, 11:10
It's probably best that H20 decided to call it quits again because the Knicks need to solidify positions now before the season begins. Honestly, I think between Marbury, Crawford, Q and Nate we are okay (not great but ok) at the guard position. I'm guessing that Allan's role would have been very minimal, especially against teams that feature quick backcourts.
The best teams are the ones that have their roles cleary defined among the players.