A new floor general needed

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spknix205424853oct20,0,5383285.story

I honestly want to see(even if only for 5 min) Jordan or nate run with the starting line up...i know it doesn't solve problems on D but at least it might cut down on all this 1 on 1 trash.... I heard or saw an interview somewhere of a player talking about how to go against the knicks and he said the best way is to make them go 1 on 1 which we fall to every game

Start:
Nate or Jordan
Crawford
Q
Lee
Curry

JUST TRY IT, IT!!!

and yea i i left zach out cause he could do some damage coming off the bench and going up against second units of other teams

all i've seen with jordan so far is him running with the other new comers but i wanna see him run with guys who already know the deal. Mixing a point who likes to pass and the starters we have can really turn things around and puts him on a fast learning track

Last edited:

GetRealistic

Starter
I totally agree we need a new PG. Nate is deffinately not the answer, and Jordan isn't the answer this early on in his career. But Mardy Collins is an answer. Pass first guy, who has size play defense, and won't turn the ball over.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I agree with getrealistic. But Lee shouldn't be starting...Z-Bo is a must in the lineup. He'll get better on D. Lee is our punch off the bench and that's how it should stay for now.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I totally agree we need a new PG. Nate is deffinately not the answer, and Jordan isn't the answer this early on in his career. But Mardy Collins is an answer. Pass first guy, who has size play defense, and won't turn the ball over.

yupp, Mardy adds a old school type of play whenever he is on the court, I really like the idea of having Mardy have a more significant role on this team. Pass first is what we need.

metrocard

Legend
Marbury is a top 10 PG...especially with his new and improved defensive abilities. We have bigger problems than PG. Jordan would be nice, but isn't ready to carry the responsibility and requirements as a starter.

I rather have Marbury/Collins work together. Could never have enough passers.

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
I been visitining this site for about a year in 1/2 and i just finally joined.I agree with some of your opinions and i disagree with some but we are all knick fans here and the bottom line we want the best team and we want winning seasons. So i think in order for the knicks to even come close to that they have to have a leader in a point gaurd marbs is not the answera nate is not the answear collins or jordan i think can be just fine if they lead by example and i think craford should just take smarter shoot in brooklyn he's known as chucky and the knicks have no love in there own town pplz look at those poser nets... but i hope they can change that this season .... and as my first post i want to say what up to every poster and i hope we have a good season.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think Marbury is still probably the best all around player on this team. His defense last year was very impressive and people need to stop hatin him cuz hes a christian now. I think hes ready to have his best year. We know his defense is great from the second half of last season. He also stepped it up offensively knockin down 3's and takin it to the hoop. He's just gotta dish the ball the way he was a couple years ago when he averaged over 8 assists per game. By the way, anyone who averages that many assists for the number of years Marbury did is a true point guard. I know hes capable of doin what hes gotta do and thats why I'm not worried about him. Its the big 3: Crawford, Randolph, and McFlurry. Thats the big 3 with no D.

metrocard

Legend
I think Marbury is still probably the best all around player on this team. His defense last year was very impressive and people need to stop hatin him cuz hes a christian now. I think hes ready to have his best year. We know his defense is great from the second half of last season. He also stepped it up offensively knockin down 3's and takin it to the hoop. He's just gotta dish the ball the way he was a couple years ago when he averaged over 8 assists per game. By the way, anyone who averages that many assists for the number of years Marbury did is a true point guard. I know hes capable of doin what hes gotta do and thats why I'm not worried about him. Its the big 3: Crawford, Randolph, and McFlurry. Thats the big 3 with no D.

Exactly, Marbury actually said he's willing to give up his scoring to just pass the ball more often(we're gonna see mad dimes from Stephon) We've seen Marbury be a pass first PG many of times; not many people appreciate it.

I believe we can win with Marbury at PG, he's very good all around; shooting, pass, penetration/creating plays, and his man to man defense. I'm happy with him at PG and theres only about 10 other guys in the NBA I would prefer Marbury over.

GTKnicksFAN, welcome to the best Knicks forum on the internet; we feel your frustration, you're always welcome to vent or praise the most dramatic sports franchise in the world.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
so y not give mardy more time... of what i've seen from him so far it looks like he is still playing good D and more aggressive with scoring... is he just not high on IT's list?...Thomas said Nate so far has been the best guy in practice but does he still just need to calm down?

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Keep Steph as the point, give him his minutes and have Collins come in as his replacement. simple as that. Marbury, once francis was injured, showed the leader that he is.. his assist were lower than usual, but thats going to improve this year.
Collins showed his worth last year, and he should be the main backup for Steph, but something about mardy reminds me of charlie ward, hopefully thats not the case...

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Make Marbury the 2 and let Collins start as pg

I still believe Marbury is a great scorer and on this roster could give you about 15 points a game so can Richardson at the 3 spot. i say let the big guys give us around 20 ppg leaving the assists to collins. I say let the young guys run leading the way would be Nate at point he dosnt do good inside of a half court game but with a running team he is great MVP summer league. i say let lee balkman and jared jefferies whos game is much improved from last year the defensive hussle is what he came here for. and let crawford shine at the 2 hopefully he could guard the guys in the second unit if not give the spot away to fred for defensive purposes or Nichols who has a sweet shot. No hard feelings to Allan but we do have alot of guards who need a good guard coach hey i would love to see this guy mentore these young players.

:gony:

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
1 more thing

The only reason why marbury wasnt made a 2 before was because we didnt have a pg to replace him now we do we should make it happen :gony:

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
I think we should trade crawford for some expiring contracts and give the rookies some time to develop cuase face it we don't have a chance with three players in our strating line up playing little defense (i like crawford but he drives me insane with his shot selection and his fg percentage) I think nichols or chandler would do better at the posistion or even steph let collins or jordan run the offense I think we have to do something about the one on one stuff crawford does or let him go and I see a lot a lot of potential in chandler I think he can be a star if given the opportunity .... I'm keeping my fingures crossed that zach or crawford is gone before the beginning of the season.

Kiyaman

Legend
On the real, Marbury has been the worst Starting PG in this league ever since he was with the N.J. Nets. He is a Halfcourt offense PG that can not pass off his dribble which leads to alot of his teammates getting turnovers from his passes. Marbury brings the ball down the court after the oponent is already setup on defense making it hard to get an easy basket.

The N.J. Nets gave up on Marbury leading their team, the Phoenix Suns gave up on Marbury leading their team, and Isiah Thomas does'nt mind that Marbury has average him a 33 WIN season for the last FOUR Knick Seasons by leading this team.

Nate Robinson is a great back-up PG to bring off the bench with some fresh running legs that play both ends of the court.
Nate would be a better Starting PG than Marbury on this team if he did not have to Start with slow Halfcourt offense teammates (Curry, Zach, Q.Rich, Jefferies, and Crawford) that has no defensive mind set.

I dont think Collins could run the PG position with Marbury or Crawford demanding the ball from him everytime on offense.
Collins could do very well if the coach gave him confidence to do his own thang on the court.

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
I'll give Jared his 5 minutes to run the starting 5 but only in 1 pre-season game and if he doesnt suceed I'd bench him till later. He really needs to show me something, I wasn't impressed. Compare him to Stockton all you want. stockton was drafted #16 in a much stronger draft.
When he was put in vs the Nets the other night he seemed lost on offense and everytime he got trapped he got nervous and from what I recall he turned the ball over twice in less than a minute and I think one of those plays lead to a dunk. Maybe if he were to perform well i'll keep him for 6 minutes. But he's gotta develop an knack for dealing with pressure.

I'm not hating but I know little of the kid besides the 5 minutes i saw him play,

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
u hope that zach or crawford be gone before season?
wow....i have nothing to say to that

toons i mean i rather have david lee develope into a star than have randolph hogg the ball i've seen him play he doesn't like to pass much and i rather have chandler develope over craford because i think hes better hes actualy have a pulse on D. and he plays the passing lane very well and he averaged atleast a block every summerleuge game i think he has way more potential than crawford, jc is a bench player

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Crawford is good coming off of the bench. Any where else he goes he would be a bench player. Have him back up Richardson and start ether Lee or Balkman at SF. This should solve our defensive issues.

Curry
Randolph
Balkman/ Lee when we go big.
Richardson
Marbury

knicklover

Benchwarmer

I agree.

He doesn't look 100% so far, but he IS the answer we need.