Knicks vs Celtics 10/22

GetRealistic

Starter
Although its only the preason I really think tonights game at the Garden is truely important. After two awful performances in a row (i know its the preseason) I need to see something or my cautious optimism ill completely disappear. Here are a few things i really want to see tonight.

The team compete I honestly don't care abou the final score, but i do care aout the effort. The Celtics beat us 40 last week, want to see effort and pride.

Mardy Collins get some playing time with starters I truely thik Mardy is a huge key to the season. He's the only true PG on the roster (Jordan doesn't have the experience yet) I want to see him facilate open jumpers for Q and Crawford. Not to mention this team is probably the worst post entry passers in the league. We need a guy who can get Curry the ball in spot where he can go to work.

Q drive to the basket instead of shooting step back 3's all night

Q has an all around game but he hasn' shown it at all.

David Lee knock down an open jumper
We all love DLee and all we heard was about how he took 100 jumpers a day (BTW thats not alot at all people). If hes going to catipolt to a new level he has to make jumpers.

Some type of defense
I know we're never going to be the defense team of the 90's but i'd like to hold somebody under 100.

Jordan and Nicholes get some actual minutes.
We all know what type of player Fred Jones is and we also know he is going to make the team. So why not atleast give the young guys some experience.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
The Sixers beat Boston up yesterday or two days ago.THE SIXERS. So we can't take these preseason games seriously, but its always nice to win.

nyKnicks126

THERE You go thats why they lost, I didn't watch the game I just saw some scores on espn. My B I didn't know KG and Pierce didnt play.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I just want too see more of an effort on defense. I dont care if they lose as long as it is not more then 10 points. I'd also like to see crawford come out of the game early if Ray Allen starts shittin on him. Crawford should be able to at least stay with him and get a hand in his face. They are probably about the same speed, Jamal might even be quicker. He's played like shit so far. Lets see marbury get some more minutes with eddy and zach so they can improve their chemistry. It would be embarrasing if another big loss happened this time at MSG

Trin_Starr

Starter
I just want too see more of an effort on defense. I dont care if they lose as long as it is not more then 10 points. I'd also like to see crawford come out of the game early if Ray Allen starts shittin on him. Crawford should be able to at least stay with him and get a hand in his face. They are probably about the same speed, Jamal might even be quicker. He's played like shit so far. Lets see marbury get some more minutes with eddy and zach so they can improve their chemistry. It would be embarrasing if another big loss happened this time at MSG

+1 on that

knicklover

Benchwarmer
David Lee knock down an open jumper
We all love DLee and all we heard was about how he took 100 jumpers a day (BTW thats not alot at all people). If hes going to catipolt to a new level he has to make jumpers.

I was wondering if I was the only one that thought that.

I'm a 5' 5" guy that stopped playing ball at the age of about 14-15. However, when I was younger and played CYO ball for my grade school, I used to take 200 free throws, shoot jumpers all afternoon etc.. whenever I had a chance after school. I never even considered myself as motivated to get good because I already knew I was way too short. I just wanted to get a little better to help the team and get more playing time. If I was a professional I'd be in the gym all day long working on my weaknesses. This 100 shot stuff is total crap. When he's in the gym for 8-10 hours a day during the off season and days off let me know. I love Lee and I suspect he works pretty hard, but lets' not give him more credit than he deserves for actually doing a little work just because the rest of them do little or nothing.

Kiyaman

Legend
In this game vs Boston the most important thing to watch is the Knicks defensive chemistry and how & when the passes are thrown to Curry & Zach.

I also agree that PG-Mardy Collins would do great with Curry & Zach however, SF-Balkman would be needed in that lineup too. Especially against Boston KG.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I think we still need to give some of the younger guys some time.

IMHO, Curry, Randolph and Lee are the only players among the top few that can be considered good enough to be part of a championship caliber team. Nothing personal against Marbury, Q-Rich, Crawford, Jeffries, Robinson, but these are just good players. They aren't the type of elite players (and they never are going to be) you need to win it all. You can get away with one guy like this in your starting line up, but you can't have two or three and others coming off the bench.

We need to find out whether Collins, Chandler, Morris, Nichols, Balkman (when he's healthy), Jordan etc... are going to develop into champiionship caliber players instead of just role players or competent starters like some of our other starters and bench players. I'd like to see one or more of these guys really develop a lot and crack the starting line up or at least get a lot of time by season's end.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer

Yeah if they play like shit at MSG tonight and get blown out, they are gonna hear it from the fans and the regular season hasnt even started yet. I really wanna see Curry and Randolph try to improve their chemistry, also for them to TRY to play better defense. We all know that F. Jones will make the team so give Nichols some time to play, especially if we need some scoring.

metrocard

Legend
The most important thing tonight is how will Curry and Randolph lead and flow with the offense. So far, it doesn't look good, like I predicted.

nyKnicks126

As I see it looks okay Z Bo 50% outta 100% Curry 20%... I feel bad for bashing on Marbury a little, I WANT HIM TO ATTACK THE DAMN BASKET! AND SHOOT! He has done really well as to this point.

oh a Nate Robinson was a spark plug from what I saw. He claims that he watched Steve Nash and Baron Davis clips to make himself a better player.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
Halftime: Knicks-55 Celtics-46

I'm not watching the game but from the stat sheet it looks like there doing pretty good. Only 5 turnovers and it looks like atleast marbury is playing defense, rondo only has 4 points, the "Big three" are still leading Boston but its not a blowout like last time.

GetRealistic

Starter
Much better effort thus far. Real tough matchup for Eddy having to cover KG. While he isn't doing much, you can atleast see hes in shape since hes running up and down with KG.

Since he was in Portland i rarely saw Randolph, but i'm pleasently surised with how polished his offense game is.

GetRealistic

Starter
I almost forgot. Jared Jefferies actually looks like a guy who knows how to play basketball. If he can be what he was for the wizards it would be great

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
I almost forgot. Jared Jefferies actually looks like a guy who knows how to play basketball. If he can be what he was for the wizards it would be great

oh yeah for sure, hes actually doing his job tonight. His numbers dont show a good game but its his hustle thats helping. He was great with the wizards, we need that energy and defense on this knicks team.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
KNICKS WIN! 94-87

key players:

David Lee- 13pts, 14 rebounds-solid double-double.

Nate Robinson- 20pts, 9 rebounds, 4 assists.

Zach Randolph- 23pts, 6 rebounds, 5 steals.

Good win, now that we know we can beat Boston it makes me feel better, last weeks blowout was just an off night i guess, but they let Boston rape them. Much better performance tonight.

portega1968

El Cacique
No one on this team has the spark plugs Nate has... he's become quite reliable in leading the team from behind or when out of fizz.

DLee getting starter minutes off the pine... Q would be better off the bench.

Curry foul troubbbbbbbbbbbbbble.

Zach is as good as purchased... lately, players come here and start sucking big time but Zach looks in sync.

Mardy, where were you homey?

Boston's Big three played significant minutes and did their part but could not pull it off. Is this for real or is it just another spin on the coaster?

I like it very much!!!

mugili716

Benchwarmer
oh baby that was a great game. I didnt want that game to end.. and we did withstand a hell of a comeback too.... i mean pierce with his 18 in the third... KG blocking everything that went up towards the basket, and throwing down monstorous dunks.. AND we still beat em. Great job team, and guys let's support our team a little bit more instead of bashing them all the time. Eddy had a rough game with foul trouble, but what did you expect he had to guard Kevin Garnett people!!
Why havent I heard any props for Isiah, see you guys only come out to bash him when he does bad, why not give credit when credit is due..
Well I am not going to get into that I am pumped up for the regular season, if we play to our potential we can be a great team this year, and lets get back to the days where KNICKS vs CELTICS will once again be a MUST WATCH..
by the way what was up with Pierce trying to put his hand around Crawford's throat???

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Get used to it man....these pessimists love the bashing. I bet money they will change their tune after this display....bigups to Isiah for standing up for his players vocally and physically. Pierce and Allen are soft to the fullest and they don't deserve to be ballin next to KG. Bigups to Crawford for keeping his cool. Some people needed to be smacked...but not today...we got the W...that's all that matters.