The Knicks can't have just ONE team captain...

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
They just can't not in this city, not with these guys. Steph can't be the only captain, as far as I know he is. I could be wrong.

But remember the good ol days? (90's)

Tri Captain - Ewing, Oakley and Harper (or was it Starks?)

Marbury isn't fit to be a team captin. I'm not sure if he does have the official tittle of team captin. The teams captin(s) should be the player(s) that show the most heart and determination to win and better not just themselves but work to improve the overall team. My personal team captins would be Q.Richardson and M.Rose they show the most leadership on the team from what I've seen. You might even make a case for Lee and Balkman on heart, hustle and overall work ethic alone.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Marbury isn't fit to be a team captin. I'm not sure if he does have the official tittle of team captin. The teams captin(s) should be the player(s) that show the most heart and determination to win and better not just themselves but work to improve the overall team. My personal team captins would be Q.Richardson and M.Rose they show the most leadership on the team from what I've seen. You might even make a case for Lee and Balkman on heart, hustle and overall work ethic alone.

We talkin about the New York Knicks. I'm not sure if theres some Marbury that plays for another team but the Marbury that plays for the New York Knicks is clearly a captain along with Q-Rich. They are the 2 best defenders in the starting 5 (Gotta give credit to Zach, he looked good against the Celtics too). The captains have got to be the most SKILLED players and the players who show the most heart and leadership. That means Lee and Balkmen aren't ready to be captains yet, they still need to improve their skills and Malik Rose doesn't contribute enough to be a team captain. How could he with the lack of minutes he plays? Do you want a captain that doesn't even play every game?

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
Q is the man i don't think marbs should be the lone cap of this team it should be tri cap.
-marbs
-Q.rich
- and who else? guys tell me who should be the last curry?

GetRealistic

Starter
They just can't not in this city, not with these guys. Steph can't be the only captain, as far as I know he is. I could be wrong.

But remember the good ol days? (90's)

Tri Captain - Ewing, Oakley and Harper (or was it Starks?)

The 3rd Captain was Herb Williams

As bad and as funny as this might sould I pick Malik Rose as the cap. of the NY Knicks with EC, and JC.

The Malik idea is dead on. I think Eddy is a good player but hes not the vocal type. And Jaal just isn't captain.

My captains would be Malik and Q. But if you wanted to go with the tri captain idea i'd go with Nate. I know it seems crazy but he just seems like a guy all the guys like not to mention, he does the little things captains do. Every single time theres a timeout and hes not in the game hes the first one running out to greet everyone.

That said i'd still stick with Malik and Q

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Come on people

Malik Rose and Nate who i do love. im with the idea of adding Q but Malike Rose and Nate how do you have captains who dont even start that dosnt make any sense. Marbury and Q ae the Only logical choice he has the time in the league he has the super star status and Since he has joined the Knicks he has given up all of his personal goes for the success of the team. He even came in early this summer to practice. Marbury coming in early to practice come on he wouldnt have done that on any other team. Hes a good guy and Deserves the respect of everyone on the team. Q is another guy who can be considered but he never reached the success Marbury has and although other guys work ethic and leadership ability are great we would be foolish to have our captains coming off the bench.

:gony:

Your captins don't have to be the most skilled players on the team or even starters. They have to be one of the more respected players internaly on the team(not the most respected through the media or press). It should be the players that are calling out for other on there team for hustle and D. My captins would be Q.Richadrson,Malik Rose and Renaldo Balkman and/or David Lee. Vocal , Show Heart and Passion , Great Desire to Win. I love Marbury but when sh!^ goes wrong he burries himself on the bench throws 35 towels on his head and vanishes into his own world instead of trying to ralley his troops he just excepts a loseing to easy for me.