Starting Lineup should Remain the Same

Kiyaman

Legend
<HR style="COLOR: #999999" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
nailbite.gif
The Bad Decision-Making of the Knicks Head-Coach and his coaching staff.
nailbite.gif

The Knicks STARTERS from Opening-Night should've remain the same unless injuries occured.
We have to many "EGO" Starters that will resent their teammates for such a change in the Starting Lineup (Causing havoc in the Lockerroom between teamates).
The Head-Man in charge need to stick with the PLAN he started with in Preseason by working hard on it.
Isiah Thomas Starters has been the Knicks main problem since the addition of Stephon Marbury.
The three seasons of 33 WIN seasons should've automatically took Marbury out of the Starting lineup, the icing on the cake was Marbury testimony in the Annucha Trial would've made me put him at the end of the bench with a Trading sign on his Jersey. I would not care what people thought of my action toward benching Marbury, because I know what the Jury thought when he got laid and I did'nt.

Being that I Started the season with these "STARTERS" I would have to follow through with them. However, there would've been nothing wrong with giving the bench players more responsiblities by putting them in the game (early) after the first 5 minutes of the first-quarter (PG-Nate or PG-Collins).

This immediate change of benching Starting PG-Starbury after a BAD Game was unwarranted for the sake of the team so early in the season.

All this controversy shows is that the Head-Coach and his coaching staff was clueless about their decision making in training-camp and the Preseason about the players and their plan on WINNING enough games to make this season playoffs.

Kiyaman

Legend
Did the Knicks have a "GAME-PLAN" at the Start of the 2007-8 season?
This 6-Game Losing-Streak (in the first 10 games of the season) is 99% of having a Clueless Head Coach and poor coaching-staff.

There is no other reason than that above.
You do not change your Starting-5 Players after the first 5 games of the regular season. Especially when 11-players on your roster was on the team the entire previous season. You can change the minutes of some of the Starting-5 players playingtime, but you do not make such a drastic change of taking the Starting-PG out of the starting-lineup unless he agrees to it or it was his suggestion like PG-Kenny Smith did on the Championship Rockets for Rookie Sam Cassel, or PG-Charlie Ward did on the Knicks for Rookie Frank Williams to go on a 4-game Winning Streak out of the next 5 games.

It was a very stupid thing to do by a Head Coach and President of Operation of a team. It showed a lack of confidence in the original plan to start the regular season with, and being CLUELESS of what players should be in the Starting-Lineup after the last Preseason Game.