Defensive Stats

knicklover

Benchwarmer
The NBA and a lot of other services break down Offensive stats in a lot of different ways. They even create "Efficiency" ratings etc... that weigh various offensive categories to get overall ratings for each player.

There are very few defensive stats like that except by team.

In other words, if I'd like to see how certain players perform when guarded by "player X", I can't find that information.

Suppose I wanted to see how the typical player that Curry/Crawford/Marbury guarded performed against him in terms of points, rebounds etc.... vs. his average in order to measure the defensive effort in some way.

Does anyone know if stats like that are available anywhere?

They should be available because they are a very important part of a player's overall peformance. We tend to focus on offensive stats but just talk about defense in more general terms.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
http://www.popcornmachine.net/GameFlows.html

This is the best place to go on the "All-Around-Stats" of each quarter.
And individual player performance vs his oponents.

Isiah Thomas should've been going here before each individual trade he made on this Knick-Team so he could've been aware of each player performance vs opositions.

This is why I kept repeating this offseason that the NEW guy on the block (Zach Randolph) have to come off the bench to earn his startership on this Knick Team. Because of his overall Stats vs Centers & PF in the Western Conference last season (Curry & Zach defensive prowness are equal they may score 20 points but their frontcourt oponents score more. Just like Marbury oponents at the PG/SG does in scoring and turnover/assist ratio.).

Zach Randolph, Balkman, Nate, and Collins should've been the prime 4-Players comming off the Bench as the 2nd Unit for the first 20 games of this 2007-8 regular season (inside & outside scoring). Each game they would've been getting familiar with each others talents and how to exploit it as a unit.

The three players that caught season injuries last season "Crawford, Q.Rich, and Lee," should've been the Knicks Starters at the beginning of the 2006-7 regular season. But last season Coach Isiah Thomas was determine to play his "Dream-Players" of Francis, Jefferies, and Frye as the Knick Starters which turned out more like an Isiah Thomas nightmare that he was persistent with untill midseason last year.

This 2007-8 regular season Isiah Thomas should have made good from last season blunder mistakes in his Starting Lineup by Starting Curry, Lee, Q.Rich, Crawford, and Marbury, no matter how good the offseason new aquisition to the team were (the new players have to earn the Coach confidence and their minutes of playingtime comming off the bench.).

I believe that whatever Players are Starters at the beginning of the regular season should at least be Starters throughout the first 20 to 25 regular season games (That should have nothing to do with the outcome and conclusion of the game or how much playingtime each starter receive each game.).

G.M. Isiah traded two of last season Starters (Francis & Frye), but still have Jefferies, Curry, and Marbury, inwhich Coach Isiah is still having problems ballancing their talents with the rest of the roster.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Thanks a lot. This looks like a great site. I already saw a lot of useful information, but I didn't see where it gave you the information on how much a player's opponent scored. Where?

Last edited: