Would you trade Lee for Artest?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Knicks need defense. Artest is a nutjob but he's skillful. Would you trade Lee for Artest or a package of young players for Artest and Bibby?

Lee
Marbury
Jones
Morrison

for
Artest
Bibby

jzero29

Rotation player
hell yes!

Knicks need defense. Artest is a nutjob but he's skillful. Would you trade Lee for Artest or a package of young players for Artest and Bibby?

Lee
Marbury
Jones
Morrison

for
Artest
Bibby
this would be great for knicks, not so great for the kings, lee is hard to get ride of, but it is worth it if they take marbury and we get bibby and artest.

Knicksfan71

Rookie
No, no, no, no. A-I don't want to trade Lee and B-Isn't one head case(Marbury) and a potential one (Randolph) for someone who caused a riot. We need to get players whose heads in the game.

paris401

Starter
No, no, no, no. A-I don't want to trade Lee and B-Isn't one head case(Marbury) and a potential one (Randolph) for someone who caused a riot. We need to get players whose heads in the game.

as dr carpy said...''Faster than a speeding bullet, faster than sound, hell faster than light!''

artest shows up every nite, ready to play... if he is having an off-nite on
"O", u can still count on him for his "D"...

a guy actually playing "D" on the knicks... what a fuckin novel idea....

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
This topic is pretty much a piggy back off of the one 15 created. I didn't think Thomas would go for it but considering the circumstances, we're losing and every one seems out of sync, the defense is non-existent, may be it would be a move out of desperation but Artest would be great in NY (That's my final though, no more flip flopping for me.) and Bibby would be a major bonus. Lee is a great player but how much of a difference is he making? Artest would make an immediate impact. In a perfect world we'd have Lee, Artest, Richardson, Jeffries and Balkman on the same squad but in reality a sacrifice will have to be made in order for us to improve NOW.

I wouldn't trade Lee for Artest but I would let go of Balkman for him. Here's my logic... We have no reliable bigs so Lee is the closest thing we have to stability on the front line. We have a log jam at SF and SG so it would be more helpfull to the team and the rotation to shed some of these players rather than trade away our only reliable thing we have in the paint. Maby give them Balkman and Crawford thats got to sound good to Sacramento right?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Thing is Balkman, with the skill, and energy he has can out play Artest on a givin day. I would gladly hold on to Balkman. HE is a prospect, and one day might out grow Artest.

pat

Starter
Also you never know if Artest wants to take a good year's holiday to advance is rnb-career. I would trade Jerome James for Artest. ;)

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Lee
Marbury
Jones
Morrison

for
Artest
Bibby

I would rather trade Balkman since he and Artest are similar players at the same position. Artest is much better offensively than Balkman, and I'm not sure if Balkman will ever develop a jumpshot. I see Balkman being a Jeffries type of player most of his carrer.

This trade would probably work if we also take on one of Sacramento's long-term contracts (Kenny Thomas, Abdur-Rahim or Brad Miller). At this point I wouldn't mind taking one of those players as long as it gets rid of Marbury and brings in Bibby. Personally, I'd prefer Brad Miller as a decent back-up to Curry.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't trade a good cup of coffee for Artest. He's an exceptional talent, but I see nothing but more but the very same things that have ruined this franchise if we continue to evlaute players based purely on their talent instead of their talent and their character.

Both Balkman and Lee aren't as well rounded a player as Artest, but they make huge contributions in some areas, work very hard, want to win, care about the TEAM, don't cause any troube, and may get better.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Also you never know if Artest wants to take a good year's holiday to advance is rnb-career. I would trade Jerome James for Artest. ;)

:rofl:

I'd make that trade too, but only if Artest promised to get fat, injured constantly, and not travel with the team. We might be able to limit the amount of trouble he caused that way.

NYKnicks15

Starter
we already have like three threads on this topic. but i would trade marbury, rose, jones, lee, chandler, morris for bibby, abdur-rahim, thomas, watkins and artest cause thats what itd take to get htem here.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Hell no I would trade Lee for Artest, the guy is nothing but a headcase and nothing but trouble.This is exactly why we cannot rebuild a team into a winning team b/c you guys ALWAYS want to trade away our young players for players thats 6 or more years older.

We have to keep Lee,b/c this guy is going to be a star in the NBA and a leader for the Knicks.We already got one headcase in Marbury and we sure in the world don't need another like Artest.Wake up people I thought you guys are wanting to win?? Well we will never win and rebuild our team into contenders if we keep trading our young and promising players off.

metrocard

Legend
Hell no I would trade Lee for Artest, the guy is nothing but a headcase and nothing but trouble.This is exactly why we cannot rebuild a team into a winning team b/c you guys ALWAYS want to trade away our young players for players thats 6 or more years older.

We have to keep Lee,b/c this guy is going to be a star in the NBA and a leader for the Knicks.We already got one headcase in Marbury and we sure in the world don't need another like Artest.Wake up people I thought you guys are wanting to win?? Well we will never win and rebuild our team into contenders if we keep trading our young and promising players off.

Chill out and relax. Lee will never be better than Artest, and Lee is my 2nd favorite Knick.

You don't know Artest personally, stop sweating what he does off the court. All that matters(primarly) is on the court. You sound like a parrot for ESPN...lets be creative here. We've heard the same shit over and over, and its still not true.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
You don't know Artest personally, stop sweating what he does off the court. All that matters(primarly) is on the court. You sound like a parrot for ESPN...lets be creative here. We've heard the same shit over and over, and its still not true.

Well on the court he runs into the stands and fights, asks for time off from his team so he can promote his rap CD, and occasionally sounds incoherent in interviews. And that's just what we know about professionally. He had a bit of a reputation prior to that. We also don't see the other stupidity in the locker room that causes smart teams to want to trade him.

Personally though, I'd prefer we didn't have any players that are involved in domestic violence on top of that record. There's seems to be a pattern here that most people that understand winning are concerned about.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
You have to ask yourself...can Artest ball? Yes...is he a team player? Yes...is he one of the best defensive stoppers in the league? Yes. Other than the first question...I can't say anybody on our team right can be a Yes for the next two questions. If we get Kenny Thomas in the deal...I don't see why we couldn't get Artest. Kenny would replace Lee in the rotation...he has better defense than Lee and has more of a post up game. The obvious is that he doesn't rebound better than Lee. But the kid hustles and plays hard with intensity every night...we need more of those type of players. Form a trade with Crawford and Lee with Artest and Thomas and add players to make the contracts match if need be...

metrocard

Legend
Well on the court he runs into the stands and fights, asks for time off from his team so he can promote his rap CD, and occasionally sounds incoherent in interviews. And that's just what we know about professionally. He had a bit of a reputation prior to that. We also don't see the other stupidity in the locker room that causes smart teams to want to trade him.

Personally though, I'd prefer we didn't have any players that are involved in domestic violence on top of that record. There's seems to be a pattern here that most people that understand winning are concerned about.

Artest has reasons for everything you said.

1. The Brawl in Detroit wasn't started by Artest.
2. He needs to promote his talents, Artest is a talented MC, don't hate the man's multi-talents.
3. You're probably racist...prejudice or just really ignorant. Why does every black dude from NYC sound incoherent to you? First Marbury, now my boy Artest. You're just cold blooded.