Our only hope: Embrace the media

Starks

Starter
Tragic TRAGIC TRAGIC!!!!!!!!! News this morning about Dolan chuckling around the locker room and patting Thomas on the back. Everyone, and I think even Isaiah himself , knows this team is a failure in ever sense of the word. Can you imagine Isaiah in his playing days being on a team like the knicks? He wouldn't have stood for it.

Anyway, to my point, I've seen plenty of threads and criticism of the local media when it comes to covering the Knicks.

Well, Embrace the media. They are our defenders. And they are the only force with the slightest degree of power to usher a change.

We as fans can't get mobilized.
We can't tell fans to boycott games because too many season ticket holders will still go. Too many businesses will still take clients to games. Too many tourists will bring their families to games.
We can't tell everyone to stop watching games, because their is no way enough of us will change the channel.

We can only plea with the media, specifically NYPost, NYDaily News, NYTimes, NYNewsday, and Bergen Record , to commit to a full blown "Anti-Knick" campaign to embarrass this franchise enough for sponsors to want to pull away from Knicks because it is distasteful.

Also, and this may not be a popular theory, but we need Al Sharpton to reignite his boycott of the Knicks. He knows how to get attention and put pressure on someone. We need him to put enough pressure for sponsors to drop the Knicks and stay away.

For that to happen, let's hope for the following:

Knicks continue to get blowout each game.
Thomas benches Marbury and angers him to the point of making Marbury leak his "dirt" on Thomas to the media
Sharpton hears it and boycotts the Knicks.

Then maybe Stern can get involved since it will become an NBA matter.

Embrace the media guys...