19.6 pts
6.4 ast
3 reb
1.2 stl
51% FG
58% 3pt

in games lost, his stats are awful.

compared to other Knicks

Curry has better numbers in games lost than won.

Conclusion, Marbury hasn't been the problem, in matter of a fact he's been the main key factor to our wins.

So shut up about Steph, we have bigger problems like Isiah, Dolan, the rest of management, Curry's, Crawford's and Randolph's inability to lead this team when they're given so much freedom to play their style and game where as Marbury does not.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
You are an idiot if I ever knew one! You just proved that Marbury is the problem...Marbury averages more minutes than Nash and averages half the assists...That's embarassing! For someone calling themselves the best in the NBA...He's not the best on his team...Nate playing that many minutes would have better stats than that!

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
You are an idiot if I ever knew one! You just proved that Marbury is the problem...Marbury averages more minutes than Nash and averages half the assists...That's embarassing! For someone calling themselves the best in the NBA...He's not the best on his team...Nate playing that many minutes would have better stats than that!

Takes one to know one.

Not really. Nash plays in the fastest tempo of basket on Earth, while Marbury plays on the slowest. Huge difference. Marbury isn't the passer Nash is, but Marbury is capable of averaging 9 assist a game like he did for us in 2004.

Andominus

Rookie
Marbury averages more minutes than Nash and averages half the assists...That's embarassing! For someone calling themselves the best in the NBA...He's not the best on his team...Nate playing that many minutes would have better stats than that!

How the hell are you gonna compare Marbury's stats to Nash? ...Amare, Marion, Grant Hill, Barbosa (even Joe Johnson in the past). I guarantee Zach Randolph would average 8 apg with those players on his team.

If you've watched the Knicks this year, you cannot dispute that things go relatively well when the offense flows through Marbury, as opposed to inside with Curry/Randolph and back out. People love hatin on Stabury, but when you properly contextualize his stats and career, you'd realize how good he has had to be to put up the numbers he has

clumsy

Rotation player
Marbury can't average anything close to that cuz he doesn't play with any shooters that can hit consistently. How many times you seen Jamal/Q miss an uncontested shot in the last x amount of years. I swear Jamal is so streaky it doesn't even matter if a defender is in his face, his shooting percentage must be the same (must verify...this could be a lie, but i'm just sick of how inconsitent this dude is....no wonder Chi gave up on him).

Plus if our big men are the focal point, they get a lot of their points via missing the initial shot, fighting and getting their own rebound for the score, or kicking it out to the open man at the double team...or more likely turning the ball over. Honestly if Allan Houston could still play i'd take him over Craw in a sec and think Stephs assists would go up considerably.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Would the Stephasexuals please stop quoting stats when defending Marbury. He is a terrible teammate, selfish player and a cancer in the locker room. Just ask Kenyon Martin, Kurt Thomas, Kendall Gill, Keith Van Horn, Quentin Richardson, Malik Rose and many other players in the NBA. Do you remember he abandoned the team when he didn’t get what he wanted? How can anybody continue to support him after pulling shit like that?

Do you guys watch the games? You actually think the offense flows better with Marbury at the point? Haha! What "flow" would that be? If anything, the best game I’ve seen from the Knicks (in terms of ball movement, offensive flow and overall team play) was the game against the Nets. Yeah, the one without Marbury or Curry, and Crawford running the point.

Just because I don’t like Marbury doesn’t mean I like Isiah, Crawford, Curry or Zach. This whole team sucks. As of now, I would only keep Lee, Balkman and maybe Nate.

Last edited:

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Interesting analysis metrocard

The focus of the replies is wrongly on Stephon. Who cares how Stephon compares to Nash? The question is whether he helps the Knicks or not, not whether his megolomania is justified.

The fact that Curry prospers when the Knicks lose is more significant IMHO. This means that Curry getting more involved in the offense hurts the Knicks. In fact, at this point Curry's defense and rebounding is so bad that I was hoping he would be out for a few weeks, rather than missing only one game.

However, Curry getting injured or benched will only help the Knicks if it leads to Morris and Chandler getting serious minutes. The best hope for the Knicks is that these prospects become viable options for a fluid offense, interior defense, and consistent rebounding. I strongly believe that the lack of interior help defense and shot blocking is the root cause of all the problems, including the problems with perimeter defense. The guards and SF are forced to help inside too often, leaving the perimeter wide open.

I am not guaranteeing that Morris and Chandler are the real deal. However, they are the best current hope for an adequate front-court (along with Lee, Randolph, and Balkman). Curry can be a great player, but he needs about six weeks of serious workouts to get there.

GetRealistic

Starter
Oooh boo woo Starbury fans. If i have to listen to somebody point out Marburys stats again i may throw up. Everybody likes to blame Curry and Crawford (including me), which is more than warranted but lets get real Marbury is right there with them.If

So Marbury put up good stats in the games we won. Big Deal what about what he did in the 13 games we lost? Christ, if you pick and choose games you can find that Crawford played well in 5 of them.

To steal your catch phrases Metro the Marburysexuals are just as bad as the Isiahsexuals as you call them. The moral of the story is everybody needs to go

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
How Can People Bash A Guy Who Helped Amare Stoudemire Win Rookie Of The Year, That Same Year He Was Selected As An All Star With Shawn Marion On The Same Team. I Hear People Say Jason Kidd Is A Team Player, How Come Richard Jefferson Has Yet To Be An All Star With The Numbers That He Posts And Yet We Say Steph Is A Cancer. Hell Nash Did Not Make Barbosa Better, Cos Barbosa Is The Back Up Guard For Steve Nash. Which Means When Nash Is On The Bench,thats When Barbosa Does His Thing. And Cos He Won The Six Man Of The Year Don't Mean Nash Made Him Better Cos He Did Not. If Steph Wasn't Penetrating And Creating Easy Baskets For Amare, Who Will Have Selected Him To Be A Rookie Of The Year? I Tell U, The Knicks Are Better When Steph Has The Ball And Making Things Happen. By The Way How Many Turnovers Did Jamal Had On Saturday? Six Freaking Turnovers, Are U Kidding Me And U Guys Are Here Claiming The Offense Flows Better When The Ball Is In Jamal's Hands. The Probability Of Crawford Making A Field Goal Once He Touches The Ball Is 1:5, Which Means He Makes One Basket In 5 Attempts. Jamal has the ball most of the time but his field goal percentage is so terrible, even David Lee has a better field goal percentage. Am not bashing Jamal, but it is what it is.

metrocard

Legend
starbury4real, excellent reply.

GetRealistic, you're the Jerome James of the forum.

nixon7, indeed. To be realstic here, Curry is just in the NBA because he's 6"11. His ability and work ethic is limited. If he didn't learn how to rebound, defend and other basic fundamentals of basketball 5-7 years from now, how can he do it now? What will motivate him? He's a losing team, but getting paid big bucks. He doesn't have to preform at 100% but still gets paid regardless of the performance.

I watch all the games; anyone who thinks Crawford is a PG and is capable of running the point might as well try to make an argument that Curry can contend for defensive player of the year. Such a ridiculous argument really.

I've watched the Knicks closely the last 4 years, and do you guys want to know when we played best? When Marbury was doing his thing.

Lets look back to the 2003-04 season where Marbury was averaging 20 and lead us to an over .500 record under Lenny Wilkins playing with Shandon Anderson, Tim Thomas, Kurt Thomas and Nazr....come on even Lebron had a better supporting cast than that. Don't even make me bring up Othella Harrington off the bench. We played much better defense and had a more stable offense with Marbury controlling it.

Now fast fowarding to the whole Eddy Curry debacle; everything is different now. We're constantly 15-25 games below .500, high in turnovers and points allowed. We can't defend the paint, our offense is slow, stagnant and inefficient. Looking at these results the last 2-3 years, how can anyone be stupid enough NOW to believe we can run an offense through Eddy Curry? Even 3 years ago I thought it was a stupid idea.

Eddy Curry in reality is a 13 ppg player who should come off the bench or get limited minutes. That what he was in Chicago. Who in their right mind trades so much for a 13 PPG player and puts maximal amount of stock into that player; while feeding the fans propaganda that Curry is a franchise player. Isiah force fed Curry minutes and it hurt us a lot. We started losing more and everything started to break down. Players lost their roles and sacrificed it for an inefficient scorer in Curry. That completely hurt the morale of the players and the team; with performances on the court being evidence of this.

In the 2nd half of the 2006-2007 season, Marbury went back to his old self and we started being more competitive and improved overall as a team.

I'm not here to keep Marbury here as the PG for the next 3-4 years, I'm not here to keep any of Isiah's players except Balkman and Lee. All I'm saying you have to face the facts, when Marbury is in his element and is producing, Knicks prosper at their highest ability as a team.

Isiah should of built this team around Marbury with shooters and post defenders instead of giving 48 minutes to Curry so he can produce a weak 18 and 7.

Knicks perimeter players Crawford and Richardson are shooting around 20% from the arch, so go figure why Marbury's assist total is so low this season. Knicks primary scorer Randolph is shooting 43%. Comparing Nash and Marbury is so ass.

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
starbury4real, excellent reply.

GetRealistic, you're the Jerome James of the forum.

nixon7, indeed. To be realstic here, Curry is just in the NBA because he's 6"11. His ability and work ethic is limited. If he didn't learn how to rebound, defend and other basic fundamentals of basketball 5-7 years from now, how can he do it now? What will motivate him? He's a losing team, but getting paid big bucks. He doesn't have to preform at 100% but still gets paid regardless of the performance.

I watch all the games; anyone who thinks Crawford is a PG and is capable of running the point might as well try to make an argument that Curry can contend for defensive player of the year. Such a ridiculous argument really.

I've watched the Knicks closely the last 4 years, and do you guys want to know when we played best? When Marbury was doing his thing.

Lets look back to the 2003-04 season where Marbury was averaging 20 and lead us to an over .500 record under Lenny Wilkins playing with Shandon Anderson, Tim Thomas, Kurt Thomas and Nazr....come on even Lebron had a better supporting cast than that. Don't even make me bring up Othella Harrington off the bench. We played much better defense and had a more stable offense with Marbury controlling it.

Now fast fowarding to the whole Eddy Curry debacle; everything is different now. We're constantly 15-25 games below .500, high in turnovers and points allowed. We can't defend the paint, our offense is slow, stagnant and inefficient. Looking at these results the last 2-3 years, how can anyone be stupid enough NOW to believe we can run an offense through Eddy Curry? Even 3 years ago I thought it was a stupid idea.

Eddy Curry in reality is a 13 ppg player who should come off the bench or get limited minutes. That what he was in Chicago. Who in their right mind trades so much for a 13 PPG player and puts maximal amount of stock into that player; while feeding the fans propaganda that Curry is a franchise player. Isiah force fed Curry minutes and it hurt us a lot. We started losing more and everything started to break down. Players lost their roles and sacrificed it for an inefficient scorer in Curry. That completely hurt the morale of the players and the team; with performances on the court being evidence of this.

In the 2nd half of the 2006-2007 season, Marbury went back to his old self and we started being more competitive and improved overall as a team.

I'm not here to keep Marbury here as the PG for the next 3-4 years, I'm not here to keep any of Isiah's players except Balkman and Lee. All I'm saying you have to face the facts, when Marbury is in his element and is producing, Knicks prosper at their highest ability as a team.

Isiah should of built this team around Marbury with shooters and post defenders instead of giving 48 minutes to Curry so he can produce a weak 18 and 7.

Knicks perimeter players Crawford and Richardson are shooting around 20% from the arch, so go figure why Marbury's assist total is so low this season. Knicks primary scorer Randolph is shooting 43%. Comparing Nash and Marbury is so ass.

So, essentially you would like to see Marbury playing one on one and driving to the basket while everyone else just stands around watching. That is Marbury's game. That is all he can do. He can't dish to an open man at the right spot and he can't effectively run the pick and roll.

Lets fill the roster with a bunch of role players around Marbury and just let Marbury "do his thing". Sounds like a great idea. We should win many games with that strategy.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I agree, bring Nash to NY and his assists would drop. Anyone who still thinks Marbury is still the problem needs to stop smokin crack, that shits bad. Marbury is the only starter that isnt a problem.

Getrealistic needs to getrealistic, Crawford has not had a good game yet. You can argue that hes had 1 or 2 good games offensively, but overall he still hasnt had a good game, and this guy is in the starting lineup by the way.

Marbury needs to be more selfish, if anything. He needs to play the way he did the second half of last year, this is his team and no one elses.

metrocard

Legend
So, essentially you would like to see Marbury playing one on one and driving to the basket while everyone else just stands around watching. That is Marbury's game. That is all he can do. He can't dish to an open man at the right spot and he can't effectively run the pick and roll.

Lets fill the roster with a bunch of role players around Marbury and just let Marbury "do his thing". Sounds like a great idea. We should win many games with that strategy.

No.

I rather have Marbury create plays than seeing Curry be clumsy with the basket, seeing Randolph force shots and shot a sad 43%, Crawford and Richardson bricking shots for low percentage.

Marbury dishes to his man constantly, they just miss.

Everyone in the NBA can run the pick and roll, the difference is simple. Stoudimire/Curry.

Do you watch the Knicks all the way out there in Colorado? I have a link so you can watch them more. The only player on this team Randolph has chemistry with is Marbury, and thats off the pick and roll.

We should win more games than we're winning now, agreed? Marbury led us to the playoffs once, why did Isiah go away from them and went straight to a losing method of letting Curry control the offense?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Good point. Do you research that or did you do the math? Steph is an important part if he is consistent, as seen on the statistics you have presented, which leads to wins. The thing is remember what KG said Marbury is not the same Marbury he was in Minnesota. I know personal reasons are probably to blame for his cold performances he has had. Steph should be back soon. Can he prove something to us in the Dallas game? maybe?

commonse

Benchwarmer
Stupid Marbury haterz!

Let's just wait some weeks and watch how the Knicks will have a huge winning streak leading by Steph with scoring 30+ games like last year in January..

This team will suck 'til Steph gets back to work!!!!

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
umm yea Steph is a good player and all and can average 20 points when he wants 2...i mean he can be the best player in the league if he wants 2 but he just dosent do it sometimes...i mean he is the best player we got but like he gotta become a better leader i mean last game he gives the ball 2 his teammates they never expect the pass cuz its Marbury but from everyone else they do...like idk i mean the knicks dirint want him back when he left they voted on it...he gotta get along with the team and stop being all about himself

LJ4ptplay

Starter
No.

I rather have Marbury create plays than seeing Curry be clumsy with the basket, seeing Randolph force shots and shot a sad 43%, Crawford and Richardson bricking shots for low percentage.

Marbury dishes to his man constantly, they just miss.

Everyone in the NBA can run the pick and roll, the difference is simple. Stoudimire/Curry.

Do you watch the Knicks all the way out there in Colorado? I have a link so you can watch them more. The only player on this team Randolph has chemistry with is Marbury, and thats off the pick and roll.

We should win more games than we're winning now, agreed? Marbury led us to the playoffs once, why did Isiah go away from them and went straight to a losing method of letting Curry control the offense?

Stupid Marbury haterz!

Let's just wait some weeks and watch how the Knicks will have a huge winning streak leading by Steph with scoring 30+ games like last year in January..

This team will suck 'til Steph gets back to work!!!!

Marbury is the best and most consistent player on this team. But he abandoned the team when he didn't get what he wanted and then blackmailed his boss. I can't forgive that. And no matter what you all say or how many stats you quote, there is nothing that can make me change my mind about Marbury. He has to go. The players all voted for him to not play, so you know that they don't like playing with him. That can not be good for any team. There have been many players in the league that have publically stated that Marbury is a terrible teammate (look at my first post in this thread to see the list) and even Lebron James said that he didn't want that kind of player on his team. So yes, we may win a few more games if Marbury takes over and plays like "Starbury". But we will never be a good TEAM with Marbury as our leader. With that said, I am not endorsing the play of Curry, Crawford, Zach, Q. Rich, Jeffries or the Coaching and GM moves of Isiah. Marbury is just one of the many problems with the Knicks and he does not deserve all of the blame. Everybody is to blame and everything needs to be blown up and started from scratch (just keep Lee and Balkman).

metrocard

Legend
Marbury is the best and most consistent player on this team. But he abandoned the team when he didn't get what he wanted and then blackmailed his boss. I can't forgive that. And no matter what you all say or how many stats you quote, there is nothing that can make me change my mind about Marbury. He has to go. The players all voted for him to not play, so you know that they don't like playing with him. That can not be good for any team. There have been many players in the league that have publically stated that Marbury is a terrible teammate (look at my first post in this thread to see the list) and even Lebron James said that he didn't want that kind of player on his team. So yes, we may win a few more games if Marbury takes over and plays like "Starbury". But we will never be a good TEAM with Marbury as our leader. With that said, I am not endorsing the play of Curry, Crawford, Zach, Q. Rich, Jeffries or the Coaching and GM moves of Isiah. Marbury is just one of the many problems with the Knicks and he does not deserve all of the blame. Everybody is to blame and everything needs to be blown up and started from scratch (just keep Lee and Balkman).

Watch a Knick game.