Is Zach still the "answer"?

metrocard

Legend
In 2006 in 19 games, we were 6-13.

This year in 2007 in 19 games, we are 6-13.

In 2006 in 19 games, we averaged 98 points a game.

This year in 2007, in 19 games, we average 93 points a game.

In 2006 in 19 games, we gave up 101 points a game.

This year in 2007, in 19 games, we give up 102 points a game.

As a team in 2007

24rd in scoring
24nd in points allowed
28th in FG%
30th in FG% allowed
29th in shooting efficiency
29th in assists per game
22nd in assists allowed
28th in free throw%
20th in rebounding
13th in rebounds allowed
17th in rebounding differential
30th in blocked shots
29th in blocks allowed
22nd in steals per game
20th in steals allowed
23st in turnovers
29th in forcing turnovers
27th in turnover diff
29th in turnover/assist

Isiah acquired a albatross contract, and all we did was make our team WORSE through 19 games. LOL! An Isiah specialty.

This deal keeps looking worse game after game, day after day. Slowly people have realized that while Zach is a talented player, he has done nothing to help our weaknesses. He hasn't even added to our strengths either...we score 5 fewer points than we did at the same time last year.

The usual Isiahsexuals will keep saying... "Well we traded Zach for Francis and Frye... we won in the value aspect"... but the fact is that in the win column, he has done nothing to improve our team. He takes minutes away from our best player, David Lee. He's not even a better defender than Lee. He shoots 43% from the field, while Lee shoots 51% from the field. With similar minutes, Lee would grab just as many rebounds as Zach has.

Instead of rebuilding, we acquired an albatross contract that did nothing to improve our weaknesses and put our future in the stock of a 43% no defense, black hole offensive PF who is a turnover machine and an inefficient basketball player that gets outclassed by guys like Evans.

Good job, Isiah.

There is a simple fix for this TRADE Z-Bo for Big Ben and both team needs are fixed! Bulls get an inside pressance on offence and the Knicks get help on interior defence and boards. IF THERES A BASKETBALL GOD.... PLEASE!!!

paris401

Starter
metro... you are 100pct on target...

the trade might look good on paper... but so far it has not worked out...

maybe the trade is just one piece of Thomas's master plan... and for the slow ones on the site (u listening 126)... i am being sarcastic...

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
There is a simple fix for this TRADE Z-Bo for Big Ben and both team needs are fixed! Bulls get an inside pressance on offence and the Knicks get help on interior defence and boards. IF THERES A BASKETBALL GOD.... PLEASE!!!

Chicago would never make this trade period and that's not what would address their need anyway. Yes, they are looking for an inside presence but not at the expense of Ben, they want a big man to compliment Wallace. If you want to know the Truth, Curry might be the answer for Chicago, Wallace can move to a pure banging 4 and let Curry be the scoring big man and Wallace the enforcer. So, if Chicago wanted Zach, they would want to pair him with Wallace, but they are not looking for a 6' 9" 4, they want a Center so that they can move Wallce to the 4 spot. How about this; since we drawn from the Chicago well before, why not see if we could get them to take back Curry for say Andres Nocioni, we could use his perimeter D (I think it could be a straight up deal money wise)! Then see if we could package a deal for a salvageable big man to just bang. Maybe see if we could put a package together for Dalembert or Jeff Foster even (Yes I dare to say it) Kwame Brown. I think I would rather have Brown playing the 5 spot next to Randolph then Curry at this point.

Dalembert/Brown/Foster
Randolph
Nocioni
Richardson
Marbury

Last edited:

GetRealistic

Starter
As bad as Curry is, he has slightly more value then Randolph. You may find a GM who just looks at the potential and thinks maybe he can get through to Curry and make him work harder. Randolph is a PF version of Marbury, he puts up stats but hell never be a winner.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
As bad as Curry is, he has slightly more value then Randolph. You may find a GM who just looks at the potential and thinks maybe he can get through to Curry and make him work harder. Randolph is a PF version of Marbury, he puts up stats but hell never be a winner.

Curry is overrated, we could probable get more then we should if we traded Curry away. It would cost alot of money to ship him (oversized load), but we could easily steal a good draft pick or young player in return. Lets not forget, Curry almost was an all star last year. Im glad he wasnt, he'd be the worst all star in the history of the league.

Zach Randolph is the PF version of Crawford, not Marbury. I have no proof that Marbury is a winner but I strongly feel if he had stayed in Pheonix or if he had players who were good around him, he could lead a team past the 1st round of the playoffs. What makes your comparison worse is that Marbury is a great defender, Zachs a great watcher like Curry and Crawford. Q-Rich is slowed down but at least he tries.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Zach's contract is an albatross, but so was the Steve Francis contract.

This was obviously a great deal.

Even if you believe that Zach is not a good fit with Curry (something we agree on), he's still a much better and younger player than Francis. If we eventually trade him for someone that fits better, we will certainly get back more than if we traded Francis.

Great point knicklover about the trade value of Z.Randolph opposed to S.Francis. As for you hometherterguy ,the bulls have had Big Ben sittig a lot early this year and him and S.Skiles haven't seemed to have gotten along way back from the whole headband insident. They already have young guys like Tyrus Thomas and Jokim Noah to fill the shot blocking,rebounding and hustle load if they trade Ben. Now I'm not sure but I think Zack would do just fine in a system where he's playing with a bunch of guys that don't want to shoot the ball. Also after this year when both L.Deng and B.Gorden are playing somewhere else there going to need all the scoring power they can get there hands on!

Kiyaman

Legend
If Curry had the right frontcourt player to push him and guide him on the court then it would be a different story about his LARD ..ss giving a decent performance each night. Players like Kenyon Martin, Howard, Bosh, Rasheed, Artest, O'Neal, Josh Howard, and Prince would push Curry into playing better.

The best trade the Knicks could make right NOW (at 6-14) is to Trade Q.Richardson with an unprotected first round pick for "Ron Artest".

Last night Ron Artest stats vs the Bucks were 11-pts, 7-rbd, 5-ast, 4-blk, 1-stl. And this is what Artest NBA Game is like on a consistent basis, he exploit his oponents weakness in so many areas.
This is Q.Richardson third season as a Knick, and he has never given us Knick-Fans any stats like Ron Artest produce in so many areas of the game, inwhich is expected from the average NBA SF-position.

If Marbury & Crawford assists together only adds up to "9-assists" per game, than it would be WISE to play them with a SF that average 4 to 5 assists per game. That's a Start at putting chemistry in your offense.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think Q was a good small forward last year when he was healthy, but if Isiah wants to save his job he better get Artest. We need Artest, his defense and his offense.

Marburys assists are low because of the 4 guys that play on the court with him. Its unfair to say he doesnt average half as many assists as Steve Nash, Nashs assists would go down if he was a Knick.

I think a rough and rugged powerforward Like K-Mart would be a great player to put next to Curry, he could show him how to be a man. At the same time, Kmart is gettin older, injury prone, bad contract but hes still got game. I wanted them to get Rasheed Wallace this summer.

pat

Starter

Why would they do that? In a few months Tyrus Thomas will be way better than Zach doing everything Zach does, just with more energy. Also I wouldn't trade for Ben Wallace right now. I think he is past his prime.

TJ.

Rookie
Z-Bo was playing great for the Knicks before his grandmother passed. Sure he may not be playing that great at the moment, but he's trying to help the franchise while accepting the loss. It takes different lengths of time for people to move on. It's just a matter of time before he starts playing up to his potential. He had a strong finish in the game with the Mavs after a slow start. The team just needs to start playing as a team together again instead of giving up out there.

pat

Starter
The best trade the Knicks could make right NOW (at 6-14) is to Trade Q.Richardson with an unprotected first round pick for "Ron Artest".

Last night Ron Artest stats vs the Bucks were 11-pts, 7-rbd, 5-ast, 4-blk, 1-stl. And this is what Artest NBA Game is like on a consistent basis, he exploit his oponents weakness in so many areas.
This is Q.Richardson third season as a Knick, and he has never given us Knick-Fans any stats like Ron Artest produce in so many areas of the game, inwhich is expected from the average NBA SF-position.

Artest is not going to get traded because of his daughter. He doesn't work out with the Kings right now and the Kings have offered him as much time off as he might need. This is not what the Knicks need at the moment and also Artest seems to appreciate some continuity (wow, what a thing to say talking about Ron Artest!).

Since when did Tyrus Thomas become an offencive threat Pat? When the bulls lose Gorden and Deng this summer where will their offence come from? Like I said they have nice young bigs that would complement Zack's style of play (gunner with no D).

pat

Starter
Since when did Tyrus Thomas become an offencive threat Pat? When the bulls lose Gorden and Deng this summer where will their offence come from? Like I said they have nice young bigs that would complement Zack's style of play (gunner with no D).

Not yet. But I think he definitely can be. He's got long arms, is quick, and appears to have good body control. And in contrast to Randolph he is hustling every night.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I an't very good on making up trades but here it goes lol.

How about

Knicks get
Andres Nocioni
Lou Deng

Bulls get
Curry
Randolph
Rose

then

Grizzlies get
Crawford

and

Knicks get
Miller

then

Clippers get
J James

and

Knicks get
Paul Davis(Yes I know Davis sucks but lord he is better than James)

See were im going with these trades?? These guys would fit in great with our energy guys Lee,Balkman,Robinson.Yes we would still need a center but I think this trade would get the Knicks more of a fast break run and gun with alot of husle and energy and they would be a young team.With these trades what do you think our lineup would look like??

Knicks new players
Andres Nocioni
Lou Deng
Miller
Davis

Last edited: