Isiah says its our fault

metrocard

Legend
During the Knicks' loss to the Mavericks at Madison Square Garden on Monday night, Isiah Thomas argued with fans in the front row, telling them the fans were to blame for the team's woes.

"He said it?s the fans? fault because they don?t have a good sixth man," said Mara Altschuler, who has season tickets in the front row near the Knicks? bench.

Altschuler sought out the news media after the game to relate the conversation.

wow...I thought we already hit rock bottom, I guess Isiah is trying to define what rock bottom is.

There should be more on this....even Isiahsexuals are holding their head in shame.

Pricey

Rotation player
interesting, unsure how the fans r at fault when players r walking out on the team and the players and Isiah r involved in legal scandals.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
no wonder he didn't want to comment on that after the game... and he thought the Boos were bad before...

Starks

Starter
Quick someone call Frank Isola and Marc Bernman. I want this story on the cover of every paper 2mrw.

Each controversy will bring us closer to his dismissal

What an asshole

metrocard

Legend
from newsday...

----
According to an individual seated behind the bench, Thomas told the fans it was their fault that the Knicks were making fundamental mistakes such as missing layups and blamed them for not offering support for the team.

In addition to the now familiar "Fire Isiah" chants, there was a brief chant of "Jeff Van Gundy!" According to the whistle-blowing fan who spoke to the media after the game, Thomas shot back, "You kicked him out of town, too!" -----

Starks

Starter
All we need now is a Kobe Bryant trade, and that NYKobe story will be real.

We already have the Van Gundy chants going

GetRealistic

Starter
Yea Isiah i dead on here.

Its our fault that he traded for Marbury, Richardson, Curry,Rose, Mo Taylor and Randolph. Its our fault that he signed both JJ's. It's our fault the team has little to trading chips. It's our fault the owner of the team cares about hockey more. And finally it's our fault that despite this we still support this joke of a franchise

TJ.

Rookie
The pressure is starting to get to him, but he is fractionally correct though. New York fans are usually the harshest fans out of any other franchise in the NBA. Trying to perform to such high expectations isn't easy, but the team should actually perform, not just give up out there. I can understand why Knicks fans are so vocal, but they just need some paitence and hope. It's not going to happen over night.

Do you think the pressure of NY is finally getting to him? I'm ashamed to say that I too used to be a Isiahsexual and thaught that the media was out to get him and that Larry Brown had somehow left our team tainted or split in the locker room or maby all our problems were due to our roster not playing together enough yet and the guy's not meshing, but then I pulled my head out of my ass and figured out that we suck because of poor decisions, bad substatutions , poor team effort all things whitch pertain to coaching! We do have plenty of talent, Hell we have enough talent on our roster to where we can put them in a bunch and pick two captins like in a school yard and pick two competitive teams that play better then our current starters. Yet Zeke cant get them to play? I can understand him being upset with losing but he needs to be taking it out on the players not the fans!!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think since the sexual harassment case the pressure has gotten to him and hes made even dumber moves the he would normally make, stupid comments, stupid lineup rotations. When he benched Marbury, thats when I really knew the pressure was gettin to him because any other coach wouldve also had benched Crawford who is also a captain. Marbury wasnt himself to that point but crawford was worse, so why didnt he get benched also? Isiahs head was/is messed up. He should be embarrassing this team instead of being patient. Fire Isiah now, the hole is gettin deeper week by week.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I think since the sexual harassment case the pressure has gotten to him and hes made even dumber moves the he would normally make, stupid comments, stupid lineup rotations. When he benched Marbury, thats when I really knew the pressure was gettin to him because any other coach wouldve also had benched Crawford who is also a captain. Marbury wasnt himself to that point but crawford was worse, so why didnt he get benched also? Isiahs head was/is messed up. He should be embarrassing this team instead of being patient. Fire Isiah now, the hole is gettin deeper week by week.

You mean dumber than trading for Malik Rose and Mo Taylor? He made those trades a few years back before all this BS!!! The Randolph trade wasn't as bad as Mo Taylor and Rose in my opinion. He has a large contract but he could be a focal point if surrounded with the right supporting cast. Isiah's problem as a GM/Coach is not the sexual harassment situation (that's just bad as an employee) but he doesn't know how to build a team! Never has and never will! His only strength outside of being one of the top pg's in history is evaluating young college talent. He is one of the worst GM's in history and his coaching is mediocre at best. Isiah has blamed everyone since he has taken over; Don Cheaney, Lenny Wilkins, Herb Williams, Larry Brown, assistants, The Fans, The reporters, radio station hosts, GOD.... When does he sit back and say I SCREWED UP!!!! I thought I knew how to build a team and I failed!! Case closed!!! If another team wants to take a chance on him as a coach, that's fine but as a GM I doubt he will ever get a job in the NBA again. That's why he has gone out of his way to pass the blame on everyone else with out owning up. Once he looses this GM spot, which he will eventually just a matter of when and how much damage will Dolan allow Isiah to cause before he has had enough; he will be finished as an NBA GM. Any owner with a somewhat of a brain would run away fast.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Isiah is a real idiot for saying that...

I went to the game last night and the crowd was dying to root and cheer for their team....when we went on the run in the 4th - the garden was explosive!!! - it was deafening - until Zach and Eddy had back to back turnovers and Q shot up an airball....

If Isiah can't understand that the crowd cheers when the team plays hard and boos them when they play like shit because we know what to expect of our team and what they are capable of doing - then he has to be a bigger idiot than we all thought.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
You mean dumber than trading for Malik Rose and Mo Taylor? He made those trades a few years back before all this BS!!! The Randolph trade wasn't as bad as Mo Taylor and Rose in my opinion. He has a large contract but he could be a focal point if surrounded with the right supporting cast. Isiah's problem as a GM/Coach is not the sexual harassment situation (that's just bad as an employee) but he doesn't know how to build a team! Never has and never will! His only strength outside of being one of the top pg's in history is evaluating young college talent. He is one of the worst GM's in history and his coaching is mediocre at best. Isiah has blamed everyone since he has taken over; Don Cheaney, Lenny Wilkins, Herb Williams, Larry Brown, assistants, The Fans, The reporters, radio station hosts, GOD.... When does he sit back and say I SCREWED UP!!!! I thought I knew how to build a team and I failed!! Case closed!!! If another team wants to take a chance on him as a coach, that's fine but as a GM I doubt he will ever get a job in the NBA again. That's why he has gone out of his way to pass the blame on everyone else with out owning up. Once he looses this GM spot, which he will eventually just a matter of when and how much damage will Dolan allow Isiah to cause before he has had enough; he will be finished as an NBA GM. Any owner with a somewhat of a brain would run away fast.

The Maurice Taylor trade was bad but he traded Nazr Mohammed for Malik Rose, David Lee, and Mardy Collins. I see what he was tryin to do here but they needed Mohammed more then any of these players because they got no big guys who can defend.

The Kurt Thomas for Q-rich and Nate was bad for the same reason, it got rid of a big guy who defends well. These trades wouldnt be bad if Curry was a good defender, but thats obviously not the case.

The Steve Francis trade was the 2nd worst trade but it has been said that Larry Brown told Isiah to make the trade, Isiah listened.

The worst trade was the trade for Curry, i dont care about tim thomas and sweetney its the draft picks he gave up. This trade set the team back a couple more years, now they need to get rid of Curry.

But when I said, "hes made even dumber moves then he would normally make" I was referring to his "stupid comments, stupid lineup rotations." I wasnt talkin about his trades, one of the example bein the benching of Marbury and not Crawford, another one will come tonight when he gives Q-Rich too many minutes when Balkmen already proved he can give Kevin Durant problems. Game Thread comin soon

Wanted to puke that draft day... thank god we got the real players(Lee and Nate) later in the draft. We all thaught they (Lee and Nate) were going to be garbage also though come on don't front:) and I like Balkman and all but how nice would it be to have a pure point guard on our roster right now like Williams in NJ? Or passing up on another Williams in NJ in last last year's draft who is now NJ's best shot-blocking/rebounding PF. Kinda makes you think where we could have been:(

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Bynum has proved and had evenin signs of potential. He will be great. Better then what Softy Frye is doin...