I think this was the straw that broke Dolan's back or Isiah's...

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
I noticed Thomas hit the chair today in the fourth and his attitude seemed like he didnt have much left... I sense a shake up soon very soon... maybe a resignation, or a firing... soon soon soon

Well unless they win of course... down by 3, seconds left

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Thats game. I want to see a trade within the next couple days and hopefully its Curry but most likely not. most likely nothin will happen and the losing and suffering will continue.

NYKnicks15

Starter
dolan will let isiah have until trade deadline. if something doesnt change.. i think hes gone as well. everyone wants off this team. but i bet you isiah gives in and trades Malik and Lee or Balkman to Sacramento for Artest.

id just work a big trade with 76ers.. not sure if we can squeeze out Iguodala but if so make it happen.

Dalembert and Miller for Curry, Crawford and Nate throw in Lee and maybe we could get Iguodala.

Dalembert, Randolph, Balkman, Jones, Miller

then buy out Marbury. let him do what he wants and take his time away from the nba. if we could get iguodala wed be beast.

but if not possible throw Malik and Lee for Artest. then Curry for Dalembert.

Dalembert, Randolph, Artest, Richardson, Marbury. sounds good to me.

metrocard

Legend
dolan will let isiah have until trade deadline. if something doesnt change.. i think hes gone as well. everyone wants off this team. but i bet you isiah gives in and trades Malik and Lee or Balkman to Sacramento for Artest.

id just work a big trade with 76ers.. not sure if we can squeeze out Iguodala but if so make it happen.

Dalembert and Miller for Curry, Crawford and Nate throw in Lee and maybe we could get Iguodala.

then buy out Marbury. let him do what he wants and take his time away from the nba. if we could get iguodala wed be beast.

Niiiiice.:peace:

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I like Qrich, but he's been one of the biggest problems this year. We needed better and more consistent outside shooting this year so that we could work the low post. No one has any trouble doubling and tripling Curry and Randolph inside because neither Crawford or Qrich can hit the broad side of a barn on a consistent basis.

I'm convinced I understand the problem now.

We have a lot of talented "role players" but they are all one dimensional.

Curry - can score inside very well when given the ball (he proved that last year), but he can't rebound, block shots, play defense, pass, and has no mid range jumper at all. He hasn't figured out how to play with Zach at all.

Lee - hustles like crazy, rebounds, plays with a lot of heart but has no mid range jumper at all. I love the guy, but if you are a zero threat away from the basket it makes the defense's job too easy.

Balkman - see Lee, same story

Crawford - I'm still trying to find favorable qualities, but he doesn't have many other than he's not afraid to shoot the big shot and can hit free throws under pressure. Other than that, the only reason he scores so much is that he shoots so much. His shooting percentage is poor, he makes a lot of bad decisions and he plays no defense.

I could go on.....

The only 2 dimensional players we have are Marbury and Zach.

Zach can rebound, score in the post and score from the outside. When he's into it, he can also play a little defense.

Marbury can get to the hoop, shoot from outside well enough to not criticize, and plays defense. Of course the obvious problem is that his effectiveness plummets when he's under big game pressure and he's a huge distraction to the organization and locker room.

I'm at the point where I think it would be OK to trade anyone on this team other than Zach. I know a lot of you guys don't like him, but he's the only good player on the team. All we need to do is get him to pass a little more. The other exceptions might be Morris and Chandler because we haven't seen enough of them yet. I'd like to keep them.

I like Qrich, but he's been one of the biggest problems this year. We needed better and more consistent outside shooting this year so that we could work the low post. No one has any trouble doubling and tripling Curry and Randolph inside because neither Crawford or Qrich can hit the broad side of a barn on a consistent basis.

I'm convinced I understand the problem now.

We have a lot of talented "role players" but they are all one dimensional.

Curry - can score inside very well when given the ball (he proved that last year), but he can't rebound, block shots, play defense, pass, and has no mid range jumper at all. He hasn't figured out how to play with Zach at all.

Lee - hustles like crazy, rebounds, plays with a lot of heart but has no mid range jumper at all. I love the guy, but if you are a zero threat away from the basket it makes the defense's job too easy.

Balkman - see Lee, same story

Crawford - I'm still trying to find favorable qualities, but he doesn't have many other than he's not afraid to shoot the big shot and can hit free throws under pressure. Other than that, the only reason he scores so much is that he shoots so much. His shooting percentage is poor, he makes a lot of bad decisions and he plays no defense.

I could go on.....

The only 2 dimensional players we have are Marbury and Zach.

Zach can rebound, score in the post and score from the outside. When he's into it, he can also play a little defense.

Marbury can get to the hoop, shoot from outside well enough to not criticize, and plays defense. Of course the obvious problem is that his effectiveness plummets when he's under big game pressure and he's a huge distraction to the organization and locker room.

I'm at the point where I think it would be OK to trade anyone on this team other than Zach. I know a lot of you guys don't like him, but he's the only good player on the team. All we need to do is get him to pass a little more. The other exceptions might be Morris and Chandler because we haven't seen enough of them yet. I'd like to keep them.
okay, a few points-- lee and renaldo (or at least lee) have developed somewhat of an outside shot over the offseason. therefore, we cannot afford to dump both of them. Balkman plays d like crazy also-he can get some key steals-same with lee but maybe not as much.

And about zach, i agree that he is the best rebounder on this team and he does have a nice shot from the outside, but until he learns to play with curry, or until curry exits, im not buying it.

Man, Isiah dug us into a really deep whole, but i still think its possible to dig ourselves out-if we can stay consistent and maybe make some moves.

When i say consistent i mean play like we did at the end of games last year (and some of this year) i mean, even last night against the bulls, they were down by like 13 with 2 minutes left, and then cut that lead to 3 with 15 seconds left. I really dont understand why they decide to start playing in the last minutes of games like that. If they playe like that for entire games-they could actualy WIN!

And i agree that Steph is our most versitile player. With him gone-we look lost (or at least most of the time) and when hes on the court playing-with his mind right(not worrying about is dad, or his playing time)he can carry this team on his back. Remember the second half of last year? Steph stepped his game up-and it almost got this team into the playoffs. A team that was getting no help AT ALL by the pinhead coach, and a dick owner

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
okay, a few points-- lee and renaldo (or at least lee) have developed somewhat of an outside shot over the offseason. therefore, we cannot afford to dump both of them. Balkman plays d like crazy also-he can get some key steals-same with lee but maybe not as much.

And about zach, i agree that he is the best rebounder on this team and he does have a nice shot from the outside, but until he learns to play with curry, or until curry exits, im not buying it.

Man, Isiah dug us into a really deep whole, but i still think its possible to dig ourselves out-if we can stay consistent and maybe make some moves.

When i say consistent i mean play like we did at the end of games last year (and some of this year) i mean, even last night against the bulls, they were down by like 13 with 2 minutes left, and then cut that lead to 3 with 15 seconds left. I really dont understand why they decide to start playing in the last minutes of games like that. If they playe like that for entire games-they could actualy WIN!

And i agree that Steph is our most versitile player. With him gone-we look lost (or at least most of the time) and when hes on the court playing-with his mind right(not worrying about is dad, or his playing time)he can carry this team on his back. Remember the second half of last year? Steph stepped his game up-and it almost got this team into the playoffs. A team that was getting no help AT ALL by the pinhead coach, and a dick owner

Clyde just sed it too, we miss Marbury. Without him this team sucks because like you said hes the most versatile player on the team. He scores, defends, and passes. Theres several players who can defend but they cant score and theres players who can score but cant defend. And the players who can score usually arent very efficient.

I like Zach Randolph, but Im not sure if I like him on this team. He shouldnt have the ball as much as he does, it seems like he has at least 3 turnovers every game. Wow, Zach just blocked a shot, thats the first shot Ive seen him block. But Z-Bo can play very good for someone who is fat and cant jump. I love watchin him when hes not bein double or triple teamed. When he takes a jumpshot, he measures his opponent up and shoots over him, its fun to watch. And hes got alot of moves down low. He needs to improve shot selection, be less selfish, and cut back on turnovers. I seen play defense sometimes, but for the most part the effort is not there. If he just played a lil bit smarter and with more effort, I would have no problem with him.

If theres any improvement in the jumpers of Balkmen and Lee, its very slight. I have seen each of them hit a couple of jumpers but they still need to work on that.

Its good to see someone else who watched Marbury play the second half of last season, the way he played I wont forget and I hope he can do it again when he comes back. I have no problem with him missin all these games cuz its gotta be tough losin your pops and it sounds like his pops was a real good person.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Yea, that's a valid criticism of Zach. He needs to pass more when the shot is not there. He still takes a few bad shots every game. In his defense, I was watching very closely last night what the other players were doing when Zach had the ball. They were all standing around doing nothing and making no effort to get open. So it wasn't like Zach had any option to make a pass that would actually lead to a basket. The other players need to get active without the ball, set some picks etc....

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru

I love your enthusiasm and optimism with the 76s trade scenario but why would the 76s want to trade Miller, Dalembert and Iguodala for Curry, Crawford, Lee and Nate? If you were the GM of the 76s why would you want to do that? Trade away a pure pg and 2 strong defenders at their positions for 4 guys who can't play defense which 3 of them don't even rebound! Curry, Crawford and Nate can't play within a team structure on the offensive side; they just know who to create shots for themselves. Lee has no offense whatsoever! Besides Lee's rebounding skills, what do these players bring to the table for the 76's? I might be able to see them wanting Marbury so that they could dump 20 million in salary after next season so maybe you give up a player like Dalembert OR Iguodala (not both) with Miller to cleanse the organization of a bunch of crappy, long term contracts. Maybe even demand Malik's expiring contract as well and force the Knicks to take back even more crappy contracts if there are any left. Artest could be had for lee and a salary match just so that the Kings have something in return. If Artest is going to leave, Lee would be a nice player to give to the fans and say we did loose Artest for nothing!