PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Still On Kobe's List

OAKLEY RULEZ
Dec 22, 2007, 20:24
http://www.nypost.com/seven/12222007/sports/knicks_on_kobe_bryants_short_list_938135.htm

cutting through all the sh*t, for some reason Kobe (if we are to believe what is written) can still see himself as a knick.

BREAK UP THE FRIGGIN "DYNAMO" OF CURRY AND RANDOLPH!!!! (i know, the lakers probablly wouldn't touch either with a 10 ft. pole, but one can dream.)

NYKnicks15
Dec 22, 2007, 21:24
well this all comes down to ONE thing.

One: Kobe has to approve any trade before it goes through!!! So his options will definitely land him in either Dallas, Pheonix, Chicago, New York. Plain and simple as seen in the Detroit deal that never happened. VETOED! Also Kobe has to want to play with the talent they DONT use in getting him. If Chicago were to give up their team to get Kobe... why would he want to play there? thats the problem with chicago. This side of a Amare or Nash package I dont see the suns have any chance of getting him or wanting him for that matter. And the two mixed together goes for Dallas. Not enough pieces left and not giving there star power (Dirk). So as crazy as it seems.. Isiah might have done something right... by accident. He obtained an array of contracts and high talented players that dont mesh together but can obtain one of the best players in the league.

Kobe makes 19 million a year. and if you dont believe that at a Zach Randolph (13 mill), Jamal Crawford and probably Renaldo Balkman and Nate Robinson for Kobe deal wouldnt happen. then you are nuts. personal opinions on those talents aside you have to think phil jackson (who just resigned) you have to think triangle. if they dont want that they have more options! Curry (9) Crawford, Richardson? Curry, Richardson, Lee. a lot works!

we have the pawns.. so lets get the king.

OAKLEY RULEZ
Dec 22, 2007, 21:35
well this all comes down to ONE thing.

So as crazy as it seems.. Isiah might have done something right... by accident. He obtained an array of contracts and high talented players that dont mesh together but can obtain one of the best players in the league.

accident, or just apart of his secret plan to get Kobe

Kennedy Curse
Dec 22, 2007, 21:49
i dont think Kobe can handle the Big Apple pressure

OriginalKnickGrandson
Dec 23, 2007, 06:49
Are you kidding "thekid13"? Kobe is one of the three best players in the leage right now and hits cluch shot after shot, not ready for NY, your nuts he would love the spotlight! I don't think we'll ever get him but its nice to dream. I'd give the Lakers both Zack and Eddy with Crawford and whatever else if they threw Kwamie Brown into the deal too.

NicksKnicks
Dec 23, 2007, 08:07
lets just keep dreaming!
he probz guna hit at least 30 on us!
you cant stop him!
you can only hope to contain him

reckoning
Dec 23, 2007, 08:26
kobe will never be a knick. no way. he's talking out of his ass.

OAKLEY RULEZ
Dec 23, 2007, 08:32
kobe will never be a knick. no way. he's talking out of his ass.

probablly, but u can dream of outlandish gifts during the holiday season though.

donchris
Dec 23, 2007, 08:35
No doubt we have players of value to bring in Kobe but the issue with this is any team that trades for Kobe will be left depleted. Kobe wont make NY a championship team. He'll make NY the new Lakers. L.A. will rape NY in a Kobe trade!

Here's what will most likely be demanded: Lee, Randolph, Balkman, Robinson

This will leave us with Jerome James as our PF and Jeffries as our starting SF. The youth movement will be DEAD. Kobe is bad news. If I'm wrong and we can gt him for 'peanut butter jelly time' then so be it. I'd rather shop for a defensive shot blocking center, Artest and a new point guard.

paris401
Dec 23, 2007, 09:34
i doubt we have anything in our BOS (bag-of-****) that would entice the lakers..

if we do want to make a kobe trade, i suggest isiah consumates it prior to high noon today, cause afterwards the lakers will really see what ****ty players we have...

OAKLEY RULEZ
Dec 23, 2007, 10:02
we would need a 3 team trade for this to happen.

Kennedy Curse
Dec 23, 2007, 10:47
Are you kidding "thekid13"? Kobe is one of the three best players in the leage right now and hits cluch shot after shot, not ready for NY, your nuts he would love the spotlight! I don't think we'll ever get him but its nice to dream. I'd give the Lakers both Zack and Eddy with Crawford and whatever else if they threw Kwamie Brown into the deal too.
naw man idk...cuz like he bitches way 2 much in LA...and they got Phil Jackson and hes a Hall Of Fame coach...and we got Isiah...nowun like Isiah and Dolan idk if KOBE would 2

OriginalKnickGrandson
Dec 23, 2007, 15:41
Kobe wouldn't have to deal with Isiah for long cause were going to keep losing and his ass has got to eventualy. As for Dum-Ass Dolan, why would Kobe care about him? After he signs his contract dudes gotta pay him no matter what. The only reason he was starting "drama" this past summer is cause he's got pride and wants to win! What the hells wrong with that?

MSGKnickz33
Dec 23, 2007, 15:50
naw man idk...cuz like he bitches way 2 much in LA...and they got Phil Jackson and hes a Hall Of Fame coach...and we got Isiah...nowun like Isiah and Dolan idk if KOBE would 2

I got mixed feelins about Kobe comin to NY, he is someone who can easily be argued as the best player in the league but hes an emotional bitch. I dont think hes goin anywhere anyways, Lets stick with Artest.

Kennedy Curse
Dec 23, 2007, 17:49
Kobe wouldn't have to deal with Isiah for long cause were going to keep losing and his ass has got to eventualy. As for Dum-Ass Dolan, why would Kobe care about him? After he signs his contract dudes gotta pay him no matter what. The only reason he was starting "drama" this past summer is cause he's got pride and wants to win! What the hells wrong with that?
and the knicks are winners? doubt kobe can make us win by himself...and ey we are gonna have 2 give up good players 4 him anyways so were gonna suck wit him...and when we start losing he gonna start bitching

SoFresH
Dec 23, 2007, 19:33
No doubt we have players of value to bring in Kobe but the issue with this is any team that trades for Kobe will be left depleted. Kobe wont make NY a championship team. He'll make NY the new Lakers. L.A. will rape NY in a Kobe trade!

Here's what will most likely be demanded: Lee, Randolph, Balkman, Robinson

This will leave us with Jerome James as our PF and Jeffries as our starting SF. The youth movement will be DEAD. Kobe is bad news. If I'm wrong and we can gt him for 'peanut butter jelly time' then so be it. I'd rather shop for a defensive shot blocking center, Artest and a new point guard.

Nah james wont be in the lineup because most likely we will get kwame in the trade and jefferies wont start because eventually we will have chandler rolling hopefully..

dr.carpy
Dec 24, 2007, 01:02
The Lakers are now 17-10, 2 games behind Phoenix for the lead in the Pacific. So tell me why would Kobe get dealt now? The Lakers have Andrew Bynum rolling a double-double at 12PPG & 10RPG with 2BPG. Everyone who thinks Kobe will traded, sure it would happen, only for Lebron James. Other than that Kobe retires and finishes his career a Laker. This is yet another work of fiction dreamed up by the NY media. They claim to know Basketball, they "act" like they're stupid enough to believe Kobe has a chance to be moved. Good journalists don't wag the dog. Consider this, Miami is just as bad as the Knicks. They have a former All star in Shaquille O'Neal, a current all star in Dwayne Wade. A hall of fame coach in Pat Riley. Yet you don't hear about how awful the heat are. This pisses me off. The media bias towards New York is ridiculous. It seems like the Media hopes the Knicks will do poorly so they can sell more papers based on the negativity. is Isiah perfect? I don't think so. Is Pat Riley perfect? Clearly he isn't, he shares the basement in the eastern confrence with Isiah Thomas. Yet more is made of the Knicks plight. When the Heat won in 2006, Pat Riley essentially quit on his team, when he went on injury leave when Shaq and Wade were injured. While the rest of the team struggled under assistant coach. The Heat backed into the playoffs. When his two best horses returned, so did Pat"the rat" Riley. Through everything that happened Isiah Thomas has never quit on this team. He showed far more heart and loyalty to this team, than they have to him. Again I'm not Isiah biggest supporter. He does deserve credit for sticking by his convictions right or wrong.

paris401
Dec 24, 2007, 06:55
miami does sux, but u don't have the large news media in miami, and their best player was out for part of this season... well i guess our best player was/still is out... burger-king james... heaven forbid...

add to above our salary is about 30% higher then miami's... and while miami is losing, they are not regularly getting beat by 20+ points...