Why is Balkman Riding the Pine?

Having just returned from the Orlando game, I have many questions but here is the one which tops the list...Why, especially in the fourth quarter when the game was slipping away and the Knicks clearly needed somethin' (a few buckets would've been nice but) was Balkman still in his full warm-up on the bench. Couldn't he inject some energy and create some chaos and maybe get something started? Am I crazy or do other Knick fans on this forum feel the same way? How did he work his way into a DNP situation?

Yeah he deffinetlly sparks this team when they need spark but I really cant see him on the floor in big time situations just yet b/c honestly, the talent just really isnt there. Once he can develope somewhat of a jumper or any type of offensive game-then I would love to see him play some major minutes

metrocard

Legend
He isn't an Isiah Thomas type player.

You play like Curry or Crawford, you're guaranteed 40 minutes a game.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Balkmen needs to play man this is F*cked up!! Fuck Isiah for not playin him. Were 8 and F*ckin 20, were not winnin any time soon. nicksKnicks knows the F*ckin deal, Isiah Must Die!!!

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
when the new line-up was announced, I was under the assumption, the reason Balkman wasn't starting was because he was going to be the second man off the bench after Zach to provide some energy since Lee was starting. When the game went on, and on and on and on and he was still on the bench practically salty, i was like what the fuck... I didn't get that move right there. NOt at all..

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
word! what do we have 2 lose...let the young guys play...i mean really isiah u think anywun still thinks u can save the knicks? naw man its done just 4get it u aint gonna get fired ur 2 weeks are up u mite as well risk it...what u got 2 lose?

NYKnicks15

Starter
im not sure what is going on with isiah and balkman. at first i was thinking his minutes were limited because isiah was showcasing the others on this team in hopes theyd play decent and be able to be traded. and that might still be the case...

but im also starting to think that isiah has buried balkman to the bottom in hopes we the "idiot" fans would forget about him. so maybe when we trade him (which he might be setting us up for much like that of Curry.. even though thats another situation in total) we wont be as depressed. maybe a trade is in the works or isiah will actually give in to get Artest. PS if Isiah gives James and Balkman for Artest i might actually cry. but im sure itd be more like someone we need and balkman and a draft pick ahha.

ANYWHO, there also can be the flat out answer of: isiah is an idiot. and doesnt realize that Curry should be limited, Richardson as well, and Balkman Chandler Morris should all get playing time. who knows with isiah.. but let me tell you something i wouldnt mind losing all of our games left if he would just give the starting lineup to look like this Morris, Lee, Balkman, Jones, Robinson. at least those bastards will hustle out there.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
so maybe when we trade him (which he might be setting us up for much like that of Curry..

BINGO!!! Thats exactly what I have been thinking also b/c their is no other answer but that.

if he would just give the starting lineup to look like this Morris, Lee, Balkman, Jones, Robinson. at least those bastards will hustle out there.

I agree completly!!!!

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
Balkman provides that spark we need to win games! i wana see him play!!! the same with chandler! could he be any worse than jeffries? doubt it!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
1 reason that he is not playing Balkman is the possibility that he is going to be used in a trade so Isiah wants to prevent him from getting injured. That's the only reason I can thing of!

nyk_nyk

All Star
Yeah he deffinetlly sparks this team when they need spark but I really cant see him on the floor in big time situations just yet b/c honestly, the talent just really isnt there. Once he can develope somewhat of a jumper or any type of offensive game-then I would love to see him play some major minutes
I somewhat agree, but talent doesn't only consist of having a jumpshot or being able to score in the post. Balkman's value comes in the form of hustle defense and filling lanes. Balkman will try to jump over guys to get a rebound and dive into the stands to get a loose ball. He never seems to get fatigued and will even lead a fast break since he is pretty quick with the basketball for his size.

I think as long as you put some scorers around him, he won't need to get you points in crunch time. What he will do however is deflect a couple of balls and get a few rebounds while he's on the floor. In my opinion, he's a good role player and is NBA ready.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

I was just watchin all these Balkman videos on youtube. Im thinkin about puttin some gas in my car and goin to find Isiah so I can kill him. I would love to hear an interviewer ask Isiah why Balkmans not playin, hed probably say sumthin stupid like "well rite now we need offense and thats why Richardson is our starting small forward." He obviously likes Jeffries more then Balkman, but why? I wanna see Lee and Balkman get big minutes, these 2 guys give it 100% and never anything less. This really pisss me off, Who wants Isiah Dead?

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
[/quote]I was just watchin all these Balkman videos on youtube. Im thinkin about puttin some gas in my car and goin to find Isiah so I can kill him. I would love to hear an interviewer ask Isiah why Balkmans not playin, hed probably say sumthin stupid like "well rite now we need offense and thats why Richardson is our starting small forward." He obviously likes Jeffries more then Balkman, but why? I wanna see Lee and Balkman get big minutes, these 2 guys give it 100% and never anything less. This really pisss me off, Who wants Isiah Dead?[/quote]

great vid! I want isiah dead too but before he dies i want him to watch this video! is he blind or something? renaldo is exactly what is needed right now!

also did u notice that on alot of the plays he was on at same time as lee and robinson? all 3 of them should be playin alot of minutes. Balkman and lee play gr8 basketball togther!

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Yah...I don't see Jeffries being any better offensively than Balkman so they might as well play him instead of Jeffries. This team sucks and they're going to suck no matter who you put on the floor. At least, give the young guys the majority of the minutes so they can grow faster.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I was just watchin all these Balkman videos on youtube. Im thinkin about puttin some gas in my car and goin to find Isiah so I can kill him. I would love to hear an interviewer ask Isiah why Balkmans not playin, hed probably say sumthin stupid like "well rite now we need offense and thats why Richardson is our starting small forward." He obviously likes Jeffries more then Balkman, but why? I wanna see Lee and Balkman get big minutes, these 2 guys give it 100% and never anything less. This really pisss me off, Who wants Isiah Dead?

great vid! I want isiah dead too but before he dies i want him to watch this video! is he blind or something? renaldo is exactly what is needed right now!

also did u notice that on alot of the plays he was on at same time as lee and robinson? all 3 of them should be playin alot of minutes. Balkman and lee play gr8 basketball togther!

Agree 100%, he should DIE for not playin Balkman. And I noticed that too, alot of the plays had Lee and robinson involved. These 3 bring the most energy and heart, although im not crazy about nate (no homo) I think all 3 of them should get significant time on the court with each other.

I say we tie Isiah up and make him watch this video before we kill him.