What The Knick Rotation Should Be

Do you agree that this should be the Knick rotation?

• Yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • It doesn't matter, I'll be bangin a knick city dancer before this Knick roster wins any games.

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
If I coached this team I would start this lineup

C - Eddy Curry
PF - Zach Randolph
SF - Renaldo Balkman
SG - Mardy Collins
PG - Stephon Marbury

I understand that Balkman and Collins can't shoot but neither can Q. Rich or any of the other guys who can play the 2 or the 3 positions on this team. For you Crawford fans he is not a shooter, he is a scorer and a streaky one at that. Balkman and Collins are guys that provide toughness, defense and are guys that are capable of making an extra pass that will allow the offense to have continuity. Neither can shoot but neither could Bruce Bowen at one time and he's been hitting threes for quite a few years now.

6th man would be Crawford because his game is 6th man material, extremely streaky... as a 6th man he could win games for you when he's hot but won't lose as much when he's not ...someday, when he's not playing for the knicks I bet he wins 6th man of the year

7th man D. Lee - energy and rebounding off the bench

8th man L'il Nate - energy, toughness and scoring off the bench

9th man -??? is played based on matchup and need... i'd like to put Wilson Chandler here but honestly I dunno what the guy could do cause I haven't really seen him play

In this eastern conference this is a playoff team, maybe 45 wins and a 2nd rd and out playoff run.

I understand that this will never happen because the Isiah has apparently forgotten how to construct a winning basketball team but this is the only way this roster could win games in the NBA.

BleedOrangeAndBlue

Benchwarmer

C - Eddy Curry
PF - Zach Randolph
SF - Renaldo Balkman
SG - Mardy Collins
PG - Stephon Marbury

I understand that Balkman and Collins can't shoot but neither can Q. Rich or any of the other guys who can play the 2 or the 3 positions on this team. For you Crawford fans he is not a shooter, he is a scorer and a streaky one at that. Balkman and Collins are guys that provide toughness, defense and are guys that are capable of making an extra pass that will allow the offense to have continuity. Neither can shoot but neither could Bruce Bowen at one time and he's been hitting threes for quite a few years now.

6th man would be Crawford because his game is 6th man material, extremely streaky... as a 6th man he could win games for you when he's hot but won't lose as much when he's not ...someday, when he's not playing for the knicks I bet he wins 6th man of the year

9th man -??? is played based on matchup and need... i'd like to put Wilson Chandler here but honestly I dunno what the guy could do cause I haven't really seen him play

In this eastern conference this is a playoff team, maybe 45 wins and a 2nd rd and out playoff run.

I understand that this will never happen because the Isiah has apparently forgotten how to construct a winning basketball team but this is the only way this roster could win games in the NBA.

I AM CONFUSED WHY YOU WOULD START MARDY COLLINS OVER NATE ROBINSON. COLLINS CONFIDENCE IS AT A ALL TIME LOW AND IT HAS BEEN SHOWING IN THE TINY BIT OF TIME THAT HE EVER GETS. WE NEED TO GET HIM INTO THE ROTATION SLOW AND EASY BY GIVING HIM ABOUT 15 MIN A GAME SO HE CAN REGAIN HIS CONFIDENCE AND REALIZE THAT HE COULD START PLAYING THE SAME WAY HE PLAYED LAST YEAR AGAIN

I AM CONFUSED WHY YOU WOULD START MARDY COLLINS OVER NATE ROBINSON. COLLINS CONFIDENCE IS AT A ALL TIME LOW AND IT HAS BEEN SHOWING IN THE TINY BIT OF TIME THAT HE EVER GETS. WE NEED TO GET HIM INTO THE ROTATION SLOW AND EASY BY GIVING HIM ABOUT 15 MIN A GAME SO HE CAN REGAIN HIS CONFIDENCE AND REALIZE THAT HE COULD START PLAYING THE SAME WAY HE PLAYED LAST YEAR AGAIN

Defense bro, the staring 5 I proposed has 3 guys already in it capable of dominating a game by scoring points thus, you don't need to have Nate's scoring ability because lets face it Robinson doesn't do much except score. L'il Nate is 5'7 while Mardy Collins is a legit 6'5 and thus able to matchup against the big 2 guards in the league. Plus he's a guy that will move the ball instead of hogging the ball. Starting a backcourt of Marbury and Nate is defensive suicide.

Hopefully someday Nate will grow up and start playing d because he is more then capable of it.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
PG - Nate
SG - Marbury
SF - Balkman
PF - Lee
C - Curry

6th Man - Zach
7th Man - Chandler
8th Man - Crawford

Q-Rich and Jared Jeffries should just fuck off and declare themselves inactive because they cant ball for shit!

Plus no one in the right mind would trade for them!!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Great Point!
Outstanding Point!

"What is the story on Randolph Morris?"

The same could be said about the other "Minimum Wage players" on the Knicks like Balkman, Collins, Chandler, and we just started giving Nate Robinson some playingtime after the 24th game this season.

I give the Knicks Head Coach credit for sticking to a plan and being very patient, consistent, and determine to make it work.
However, the plan of getting Curry, Zach, and Q.Richardson to co-exist together has failed each of the first 15 games of the season. That is the limit for any NBA Coach (anything after that is "SAVE-FACE coaching).
Somehow the Knicks Head Coach let the players shout-out the problem inwhich they singled out PG-Marbury (for one reason or another).
Marbury could have strong affect on the offensive performance of Curry, Zach, and Q.Rich, but Marbury can not be the blame for Curry, Zach, and Q.Richardson consistent Poor Denfense that led to each and every Knick "BLOWOUT" this season.
What is the story on 6.11 Randolph Morris.

After the 15th game of the Knicks 2007-8 season the answer was to put 6.11Randolph Morris into the rotation of the Bigmen Lee, Zach, and Curry.

The answer at the SF position was to add Malik Rose, Balkman, and Chandler, not Jared Jefferies & Fred Jones the Knicks needed MUSCLE, POWER, and SPEED at the SF position to help Curry or Zach offensive game.

The answer in the Backcourt Guards were right there infront of our eyes it was the Tandem of "Nate & Collins" combination!

You take BOTH Marbury & Crawford out of the game together (this would make them learn to play together) and replace them with the Defensive presense of Nate pressuring the ball and Collins guarding the passing lane. These two backup (Combo) guards play like NBA Guards without the presense of Marbury or Crawford on the court with them.

The Big answer to the Knicks WINNING Problem after their first 15 games were to reduce not increase the playingtime of Marbury, Crawford, Q.Richardson, Zach, and Curry.

The Knicks Head Coach was supposed to give these Minumum Wage Players playingtime "Lee, Nate, Balkman, Collins, Morris, and Chandler" to make a NAME for themselves in the NBA, they are young energetic hustling players on both sides of the court.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
PG- Crawford
SG- Marbury
SF- Jeffries
PF- Randolph
C- Curry

My line up looks pretty much the same as the one Thomas is currently using. A writer recently wrote that by playing Marbury off the ball Thomas is not using his strengths. The last time I checked, Marbury's strength was scoring. I believe my line up to be the most balanced defensively. Jeffries doesn't need the ball to be affective. If we lose it aint because Jeffries isn't scoring. He can make second chance points. We just need some consistent afford from Randolph and Curry.

Explanation for not starting Balkman.
Lower his trade value. We need Balkman. He and David Lee are the future of the franchise. Balkman's name is constantly coming up in trades. I'd much rather trade Crawford, Robinson and Collins than Balkman.

Curry/Randolph
Ok, this shit aint working but we need it to work. Install in Randolph's head that he is the second option. We win when Curry scores and plays well. Randolph should focus on rebounding and defense first. Then the tandem can work. I'd give this three more games then resort to starting Lee but what does that do to Randolph's trade value?

Marbury at the two
Marbury has been criticized for his entire career for being a shoot first point guard. Moving Marbury to the shooting guard position is ideal. It plays to his strengths of scoring and removes the shackles of the point guard position. We can let him loose offensively. Crawford can now shoot less and focus on getting Curry the ball.

My Starting Five:

PG-Nate-scoring,energy and heart!

SG-???-Collins-for defence, we can bring in Crawford off the bench for offence, he can also get minuts at the point when Nate's out.

SF-Chandler-our most complete SF Offencivly and Defencivly as well as the most athletic.

PF-Lee-need him on the floor for the teams glue.

C-Curry-beast offencivly and hopefully with Collins,Chandler and Lee hitting the boards and keeping guy's out of the lane Curry wont be such a liability on the defence.(P.S. did anyone see Lee's Defence on Yao... impresive!!!)

6th Man-Crawford-instant offence.

7th Man-Balkman-defence and energy.

8th Man-Z-Bo-cause we can't trade him and he would be our best option off the bench for either C or PF, maby Isiah will get smart and give some time to Morris as well instead of Rose or Jeffries, but I wouldn't count on it!

Useless player:

Q-isn't half the player he was last year... when he wasn't hurt!

Rose-Under sized, no offenceive game, old and slow.

Jones-not going to sign him at the end of the year so why not release him if we're not going to use him in a trade instead of giving him minuts instead of our young guys!

James-compleatly useless that all I need to say.

I left Jeffries off the useless list cause he can play 3 or 4 spots on the floor and he's more interested in playing D and team ball then he is about scoreing(unlike many of the other players on the roster!)

I think balance wise and chemistry wise this line-up could work.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player

C - Eddy Curry
PF - Zach Randolph
SF - Renaldo Balkman
SG - Mardy Collins
PG - Stephon Marbury

This lineup is very similar to the one I had in a different thread. Instead I had Mardy running the 1. And I believe the same thing...you have to surround your offensive weapons with defensive role players instead of stacking the lineup with 5 offensive juggernauts (i use that term sarcastically). You MUST surround offensive talent with defensive role players. Look at the spurs...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
This lineup is very similar to the one I had in a different thread. Instead I had Mardy running the 1. And I believe the same thing...you have to surround your offensive weapons with defensive role players instead of stacking the lineup with 5 offensive juggernauts (i use that term sarcastically). You MUST surround offensive talent with defensive role players. Look at the spurs...

Im almost on the same page as the 2 of you, similar lineups but mines a little bit different.

Nate
Marbury
Balkman
Lee
Randolph

I got Randolph in the starting 5 because I think he is a better rebounder then Curry and hes more versatile on offense.

Im not sure at Marbury as a shooting guard, if he can defend 2 guards like he did last year then i believe my lineup would be very effective. One way or another, I think Nate needs to get at least 30 minutes a games, his shooting percentages are very impressive and hes not turning the ball over like he use to.