Just another trade scenario...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I know this is probably not the best option but I'm bored and thought I would see what you all think. Is this a good idea for the Knicks? What is the likelihood it happening and would the teams go for it?

1st trade:

Zach Randolph to Chicago for Ben Wallace.

Plus for Chicago: Ben Wallace is unhappy in Chicago and the Bulls would finally get the low-post presence they have desparetely needed.

Plus for Knicks: The Knicks seem to play better without Zach, defensive presnce to play alongside Curry, and Ben has one less year on his contract than Zach.

2nd trade:

Marbury, Balkman and Fred Jones to Sacramento for Bibby, Artest and Kenny Thomas

Plus for Sacramento: It has been widely reported that the Kings want to trade Bibby, dump salary by the end of next year, and unload Kenny Thomas' salary. This would do just that (a lot of salary dumped by the end of next year). They would also receive a young athletic player in Balkman.

Plus for Knicks: Artest = perimeter defense and solidifies the SF spot, and Bibby is a solid PG with good passing skills and outside shooting.

Starting lineup:
PG - Bibby
Sg - Crawford or Q. Rich
SF - Artest
PF - Wallace
C - Curry

The reason I picked these trades is because they both seem reasonable and both work in terms of salary. What do you all think? Is it worth it?

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
i like the wallace trade. A defensive big man would be nice! Im not sure on the bibby & artest scenario. It just seems Mike Bibby is always injured. Artest does give us the defense we so desperatly need but can he keep himself outa trouble?
End of the day though i would welcome a trade just to shake things up and add some defense!
Lets wait and see...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I like both trade ideas, but I doubt Chicago is willing to take Z-Bo's contract.And I don't think the Kings would like Marbury's salary to be dumped on them, either.And Mike Bibby isn't Isiah's type of player. Isiah likes 1 dimensional players, and Bibby can pass and score. I think the best trade with the Kings would be to give up Quentin Richardson and David Lee for Artest. This is the only trade I see the Kings accepting, without the Knicks having to give away a draft pick.I like your thinking, but neither trade would work out.
PS- Even if the Bulls were to accept the Wallace for Randolph deal, why would you trade with those a$%holes that screwed us over on 2 draft picks? ILL! lol

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I like both trade ideas, but I doubt Chicago is willing to take Z-Bo's contract.And I don't think the Kings would like Marbury's salary to be dumped on them, either.

- Zach's contract is almost identical to Ben's except it has 1 more year. They might go for it.

- Marbury's contract expires at the end of next year. So Sacramento would be able to dump a ton of salary. This one would be the toughest out of the two.

yea you right about how we play better when zachs not in-i really cant understand why tho-i gues cuzza curry and zach together aint good? i dont know.

But yeah those trades would be great for the Knicks-therefore, they would never be made by Isiah Thomas.

I like the Randolph for Wallace trade and I think it makes sence for both teams, we need post defence they need post offence. All the talk about Artest though is another story, we don't need or want kenny thomas or mike bibby so forget that trade just wait till this summer and do a sign and trade with Artest for Balkman and maby some of next years expireing contracts!(trade value)

OAKLEY RULEZ

Benchwarmer
artest, no.

bibby and wallace, in a heart beat. but if zeke keeps to his word, (and who knows with him.) then it ain't happening this year.

:wallbash:

paris401

Starter
it not that zeke's does not want to trade... it's that most gm's hate him. and add on top we have a BOS (bag of shit), hence no trades...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
yea you right about how we play better when zachs not in-i really cant understand why tho-i gues cuzza curry and zach together aint good? i dont know.

But yeah those trades would be great for the Knicks-therefore, they would never be made by Isiah Thomas.
The reason why Zach and Eddy struggle, when they play together is because neither of them are good defenders. And Curry keeps making excuses and says it's Randolph's fault he's struggling. Even though Randolph is outplaying him this year, so far.Also, Randolph is a greedy player, which makes it hard for others to get involved in the game, and Curry is a bad passer out of double teams.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont like either trade, I think there might be a better option for Z-Bo out there especially if the report that the Nets were gonna trade RJ for him. Has his value dropped since becoming a Knick? Maybe, for 2 reasons:

1. Hes been inconsistent
  2. Portlands Success
Apparently some gm's are only concerned with numbers (Isiah) so maybe theres a better option out there. I dont like the idea of having Ben+his contract and Curry on this team.

I think Marbury is clearly a better point guard then Mike Bibby. Im assumin that Bibby has at least one more year on his contract then Marbury, please correct me if Im wrong. It would be nice to have Artest but I think theres gotta be a better way to get him.