Z-Bo to the Bucks

Maybe just a rumor (more than likely is), but according to HoopsHype.com Zach is on the trading block, and The Bucks looks like the front runners. Now who we get in return is not stated, nor is there any confirmation from The Bucks management that they are interested. But that would be great news for the Knicks from a cap stand point. Look I like Zach he will accidently get a double double, but Lee looks like a better fit for the PF position with Eddy. But Nothing to get too excited over, like I said it is just a rumor for now. Plus he is still owed a lot of money, I wonder if Mil. is willing to eat that contract? But Yi, Zach, and Redd could work.

Starks

Starter
Maybe just a rumor (more than likely is), but according to HoopsHype.com Zach is on the trading block, and The Bucks looks like the front runners. Now who we get in return is not stated, nor is there any confirmation from The Bucks management that they are interested. But that would be great news for the Knicks from a cap stand point. Look I like Zach he will accidently get a double double, but Lee looks like a better fit for the PF position with Eddy. But Nothing to get too excited over, like I said it is just a rumor for now. Plus he is still owed a lot of money, I wonder if Mil. is willing to eat that contract? But Yi, Zach, and Redd could work.

I'd love to get Yi. But I don't think he's available, neither would be Redd.

But I really do hope Zach is on the block. He's a scoring threat, but I'm not impressed with him at all. NO ONE in Portland cared when he was traded, that says something.

He is suited for a pick up basketball game, or maybe college ball. It's players like him that made GMs fall so in love with the Euro style players that pass more than shoot anytime they get the ball. I mean seriously, there must have been atleast on coach that told him to stop shooting so damn much

paris401

Starter
there is no way the bucks are taking the 'black-hole' ... tho i wish it was true... the bucks are close to being max'd out cap wise, they are a small mkt team, and doubt they want to add $$$ to their payroll, especially for this guy

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Zach and Redd have almost identical contracts. I would love for a real shooter to finally come to the Knicks. The last week or so there have been rumors that the Bucs are looking to "blow it up" and start over by only keeping the young players (i.e. Bogut and Yi). Then, all we'll need to do is get Artest, and trade for a shot-blocking PF!

It wouldn't be Zack for Yie and Redd cause the Bucks would want "them" playing together like Boston's big three it would be more like Zack for whatever junk we would take , like bad contracts of their own Bobby Simmons,Desmond Mason,Dan Gadzuric... I'd still do it though! haha!

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I would love to see redd in a knick jersey...I know his family...great people. If that trade would go down we would probably add Collins or Chandler in there...otherwise somebody is going to the NBDL. Hopefully we can get someone like Charlie V to replace Z-Bo in the rotation.

PG Marbury/Robinson
SG Redd/Crawford
SF Q-Rich/Balkman
PF Lee/Rose (Hopefully Chandler most of the time)
C Curry/ Morris

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Michael Redd is a shooting guard version of Zach in the sense that both of them dont really get off the ground but Redd is a much better team player and a much better shooter.

Marbury/Robinson
Redd/Crawford
Balkman/Q-stitch/Jeffries
Lee/jeffries
Curry/Rose/James

This lineup would be nice even though we would still need a backup pf/C. It looks like a somewhat balanced lineup with defense and offense. Im not 100% sure about Redd but I believe hes known as an average defender, I dont really watch the Bucks. You still get defense from Balkman and Marbury but it doesnt solve the interior defense problem. Im still makin this trade any day of the week, we need a shooter and Redd worked really hard in the offseason. His rebounds and assists are both career highs.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
This trade could happen and I believe its more than a rumor because it's been very quiet. Randolph gives the bucks a low post threat and primary scorer. The other guys they have can focus on D and compliment Randolph's short comings. Red on the other hand can score at will but doesn't really address our defensive needs. We still need to get rid of the guards and trade ether Marbury or Crawford for Artest.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
- Zach for Redd
- Marbury, Fred Jones, Balkman for Bibby, Artest, Kenny Thomas
- Jamal Crawford for Kurt Thomas

Pg - Bibby
SG - Redd
SF - Artest
PF - Thomas
C - Curry

I know, I know. Completely unrealistic. But fun to think about.

- Zach for Redd
- Marbury, Fred Jones, Balkman for Bibby, Artest, Kenny Thomas
- Jamal Crawford for Kurt Thomas

Pg - Bibby
SG - Redd
SF - Artest
PF - Thomas
C - Curry

I know, I know. Completely unrealistic. But fun to think about.
wow that woud be fun to watch that lineup

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think it would be funner to watch them if Marbury was the point guard instead of Bibby, Im not sure why people think that point guards like Bibby and white chocolate are better then Marbury.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I think it would be funner to watch them if Marbury was the point guard instead of Bibby, Im not sure why people think that point guards like Bibby and white chocolate are better then Marbury.

Marbury is more talented than Bibby. But Marbury is not in the long term plans for the Knicks, we might as well get a good, proven point guard in return, in addition to getting Artest. Bibby is a better outside shooter than Marbury and not as much of a malcontent. He could be much better for chemistry and he is a proven clutch performer in the playoffs.

metrocard

Legend
Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to Milwaukee and New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Milwaukee and New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Randolph
Jefferies

for

Villanueva(1 year left)
Voskul(expiring)
Mason(1 year left)
Simmons(2 years left)

Don't you guys get the pattern? Taking players like Francis, Redd, T'Mac will only create a bigger circus. We need to trade for expirings and draft picks only.

paris401

Starter
Don't you guys get the pattern? Taking players like Francis, Redd, T'Mac will only create a bigger circus. We need to trade for expirings and draft picks only.

true..true..true... but no one is taking our bag of shit and giving us expiring contracts and/or picks.. so we are left with this.... i hate to use the word ''team''...

NYKnicks15

Starter
sorry i didnt break this earlier guys. i was out of state until an hour ago. but yes the most likely destination for randolph IS milwaukee. i wasnt sure up until about early this morning but its been a known fact hes been on the block for about 3 weeks now. just a frontrunner was not apparent.

id look for Houston to take a peak at this as well as golden state but milwaukee seems to lead it. im not sure who would be involved as of yet but michael redd is a good possibility. hes been wanting to get out but the problem with that is wed need to get rid of q or jc as well. this could become a good trade for us or a very bad one.

i promise to get you details as soon as i hear them but a 1st round pick could be coming our way. larry harris is trying to save his job so he looks the most desperate at this point.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Agreed. I'm just throwing ideas out there. But you're right. The best way for the Knicks to win a championship is to rebuild by trading for expiring contracts and draft picks. But unfortunately, that ain't happening under Isiah.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to Milwaukee and New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Milwaukee and New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Randolph
Jefferies

for

Villanueva(1 year left)
Voskul(expiring)
Mason(1 year left)
Simmons(2 years left)

I totally agree with this.
Remove Zach's and JJ's contract. Marbury's $21mil and Rose's $7.5 mil will be expiring at the end of the next season - tank the this season (don't need any help in that dept lol)
and get the #1 to #3 pick and get someone we can build a team around.
and finally fire isiah and we'll be all set.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Marbury is more talented than Bibby. But Marbury is not in the long term plans for the Knicks, we might as well get a good, proven point guard in return, in addition to getting Artest. Bibby is a better outside shooter than Marbury and not as much of a malcontent. He could be much better for chemistry and he is a proven clutch performer in the playoffs.
Marburys contract expires next season. It makes sense to keep the better point guard for the remainder of this year and next year instead of trading for a point guard whos a step down, maybe 2 at this point.

Last year Bibby was the better 3pt shooter:
Bibby-36%
Marbury-35.7%

Bibby hasnt played a game this year yet but it appears as if Marbury has stepped it up from the perimeter shooting 38.6%. Bibbys contract also expires next year but Id rather keep Marbury, the better of the two.