14-33,Will Isiah make a trade?

Will the Knicks make the playoffs this 2007-2008 season?

• Yes, I still believe

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No, the Knicks suck

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks are 14-33, and they are getting closer and closer to being mathematically eliminated from playoff contention:
ny-knicks-logo.gif
-14th place in Eastern Conference & 5th place in Atlantic Division

Teams do not respect the Knicks, which is why even the sh**ty, 2 playoff series victories in the last 32 years Clippers were badmouthing the Knicks, and Nate McMillan,coach of the Blazers was telling his team:"This team will allow you to get layups.We just have to drive to the basket."A statemement McMillan said during Friday's game against the Blazers,earlier this week.
clippers_nba.gif

THE CLIPPERS HAVE JUST 5 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES SINCE 1976, AND ONLY 2 PLAYOFF SERIES WINS SINCE 1976!

200px-Portland_Trail_Blazers_logo.png
2005-07-06-mcmillan-inside.jpg

-It is obvious that we don't have good intimidation on the interior, and our perimeter defense is subpar:
Knicks allow 6.2 more points than they currently average,they average just 2.3 bpg as a team(Josh Smith and Dwight Howard average more than that by themselves), and allow teams to shoot 35.5% from 3.

-Although Isiah Thomas has said he doesn't plan on making any changes, he did try to trade Zach Randolph.With that being said, do you think Isiah Thomas will make a trade?And if so, will it be another sh**ty trade, or will it be a good one, for the first time in Isiah's 5 seasons with the Knicks?

Last edited:

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
I don't want Isiah to make anymore trades. The best thing for the Knicks is to tank the season and fire Isiah. Quick fixes don't work!!! Getting Ron Artest is like putting a band aid over a shotgun wound.

paris401

Starter
i doubt he will make a trade, but if he does how can it not be a $hitty trade... we have $hitty players, u give $hit, u get back $hit...

i say buy out the whole team (save the young guys) and start over... at least there will be some light at the end of the tunnel... rite now we are in a dark bottom-less pit

New New York

Quiet Storm
As much as I want to see a trade, WE all know that there is not any move is going to salvage the season. I would like to think Isiah is going to be fired at seasons end, and a new GM will be orchestating trades this off season, but the sad reality is Dolan may not fire Isiah.....Anyways, I just don't see any real moves out there for us. I want Ron, but they are insistent on David Lee being apart of the package, so that the deal breaker as far as I'm concerned. The reality is that we are in such a mess that the moves have to be more than player personel. I think Isiah has to go, I think he tried his best to make us into what he thought would be a winning team, but he has failed. Players don't want to come to NY, as long as this black cloud hangs over MSG.....Sorry I keep getting off point! To answer the question, I just don't want another Isiah Thomas type move before he is let go. I think maybe Dolan has forbidded him from making any moves, which could be the writting on the wall for Zeke.

Kiyaman

Legend
It have to be widely known in the NBA, and probably be commented on by Sports annoucers in the Giants Super-Bowl vs Patriots, that NBA Players in the league do not want to be traded to the Knicks.
If a Player is traded during the deadline to the Knicks they will refute the trade by not reporting which will cost Isiah Thomas his job.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
It have to be widely known in the NBA, and probably be commented on by Sports annoucers in the Giants Super-Bowl vs Patriots, that NBA Players in the league do not want to be traded to the Knicks.
If a Player is traded during the deadline to the Knicks they will refute the trade by not reporting which will cost Isiah Thomas his job.

That is the sad truth!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
It all depends.If someone from the Timberwolves, Heat, Grizzlies, Clippers, or Sonics gets sent here, they'll say: "oh, this is the same garbage team from last time." lol But the other 25 NBA teams would try to choke out their GM, if they got sent to New York. Even Zach Randolph was saying that he sometimes wonders why Isiah sent him here.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think Isiah Thomas will make a trade.Anytime a team plays as poorly as the Knicks, changes are made. I don't expect this trade to be good, cause Isiah has never made a good trade in his life, but I do expect a move to be made, before the deadline.

NYKnicks15

Starter
in other news. Jerome James says "use me or move me" haah. to be honest we cant move him.. and on a side note id like to use him! i really would. we suck anyways so lets throw him in there for 15 minutes and let him stand ground on the middle. Block some shots push ppl around i dont care. be a bruiser. i wouldnt mind experimenting with a James/Lee/Balkman front court and have jamal/nate score in the back. who cares

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Well, I'm gonna be as nice as I can with this. Isiah Thomas needs to go f*ck himself.Why would you let Curry start the entire season, if he has no defense? Why can't you let Jerome James get minutes, if he's proven that he can block shots.I mean, call me crazy, but if you're averaging 1 bpg in just 13 mpg for your career, that looks like a good defender to me.James is out of shape, but what would you rather have? A guy that allows people to lay it up on his face and dunk it on him, like Curry does? Or a guy who'd rather foul you or block your shot than let you have an easy lane to the basket?Isiah Thomas is pathetic. They only had 9 players available, in the game against Utah, and he still wouldn't play James.James in no way is our savior, and he does suck, but give the guy a chance.He's a veteran that can block a shot. 15 mpg isn't gonna kill the Knicks.We're 14-33.

NYKnicks15

Starter
I truly truly think Isiah will make at least one move before deadline. the reason he states not wanting to make a move is so we dont get our hopes up.

now heres what i truly see happening. from word around the league and knowing isiah and the maloofs like i seem to. (not personally just from their mental and physical actions).

Mike Bibby & Ron Artest will be knicks by deadline. thats my prediction. agree with it or not thats what i see.

Ron Artest (7.8 million/8.45m)
Mike Bibby (13.5 million/14.5m)
Kenny Thomas (7.3 million/7.9m/8.55m)

FOR

Stephon Marbury (20 million/21.9m)
Malik Rose (7.1 million/7.6m)
and either Renaldo Balkman&Mardy Collins or Nate Robinson&Wilson Chandler

They get a ticketseller in Marbury with two large expiring contracts, two young players and rid of KTs bad contract

We get two expiring contracts and a good pg who makes the pass and a lock down defender.

this isnt THE solution but its very possible to happen. a bibby/craw backcourt scares me so i hope they move craw (unlikely) for expiring contracts and a young player.

Starks

Starter
Guys, one thing many of us seem to forget about NBA execs, is the importance of interpersonal relationships.

Many GMs, players, coaches, HATE Isiaha, and for good reason. He is hard to work with because, he is widely know as an enemy to many in the NBA. No one wants to help him, and I think a lot of execs like seeing Thomas get tortured. So much so, they might even feel they lose respect for working with Thomas when it isn't necessary.

These trades you guys make up are fine, but the problem is that it's not a matter of putting a trade into an NBA trade machine- its working Isiaha Thomas.

Think about it this way, if there is a dude you hate at work, your not going to even want to deal with him. May sound childish, but its the truth.

You think Danny Ainge and Kevin McHale's close relationship didn't play a factor into the KG trade? That point is probably 40% of the reason that trade was made.

Kudos to Dolan to hiring the most hated man in the NBA to be his GM.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I hope Isiah doesn't do that. The 2 main guys Isiah needs to trade is
Eddy Curry and Jamal Crawford. I would've kept Jamal, but now that he's starting to complain about being on a team he helped destroy, by never passing the ball and by never playing defense, I'd trade him.Also, Eddy Curry is one of the most pathetic Centers I've seen.He's 6'11, weighs 285, yet he plays like he's 5'11 and weighs 117 .He seriously needs to toughen up.Playing all soft like that isn't gonna get him anywhere in this league, and he will continue to be on PG's and SG's poster, if he doesn't get his act together. Some other guys I would'nt mind being traded is Quentin Richardson and Jared Jeffries, if we could get some expiring contracts, but if not, just leave them on the team, and increase Balkman's minutes.

NYKnicks15

Starter
i hate hate hate when ppl assume everyone hates isiah thomas! dont get me wrong there are certain ppl that dont like him (me a little for instance) and im guessing vica verca but thats life. i'm sorry Starks but lets get real.

first of all McHale/Ainge is 75% at least of why KG went to the celtics. its 2 ex-celtics trying to save the others job AND furthermore hooking up there former franchise. look at it, all they got was an expiring contract a bunch of young guys THEY DONT USE. Green, Telfair GOMES was gonna get waived the first week for god sakes. they got Jefferson and thats nice hes the 25% of the trade mattering. ex. Ricky Davis, Sczerbiak deal just a bunch of old running buddies getting rid of each others crap.

But give me proof GMs hate Isiah thomas? the only one to my knowledge is Larry Bird. and who cares on that. we dont need ANYTHING he has anyway. And Dumars and Isiah are best friends. Does that mean were gonna get Sheed, Prince and Billups.. no. but that also means MOST of these GMs/owners are professional human beings and if a good deal comes there way they will take it!!! Bill Walton said this garbage the other night "Baron Davis didnt make the allstar team because coaches dont like him" GET BENT. Stephen A stepped in and called it ridiculous. and rightfully so. sure they might hold small grudges but that wont get in the way of business man.

regardless of what ppl think. these men are professionals! they are running a nba franchise! some ppl dont like Michael Jordan. some ppl dont like Jim Paxson. a lot of ppl dont like larry bird. but the bulls, pacers and bobcats will still get deals done. im sorry.

Starks

Starter
i hate hate hate when ppl assume everyone hates isiah thomas! dont get me wrong there are certain ppl that dont like him (me a little for instance) and im guessing vica verca but thats life. i'm sorry Starks but lets get real.

first of all McHale/Ainge is 75% at least of why KG went to the celtics. its 2 ex-celtics trying to save the others job AND furthermore hooking up there former franchise. look at it, all they got was an expiring contract a bunch of young guys THEY DONT USE. Green, Telfair GOMES was gonna get waived the first week for god sakes. they got Jefferson and thats nice hes the 25% of the trade mattering. ex. Ricky Davis, Sczerbiak deal just a bunch of old running buddies getting rid of each others crap.

But give me proof GMs hate Isiah thomas? the only one to my knowledge is Larry Bird. and who cares on that. we dont need ANYTHING he has anyway. And Dumars and Isiah are best friends. Does that mean were gonna get Sheed, Prince and Billups.. no. but that also means MOST of these GMs/owners are professional human beings and if a good deal comes there way they will take it!!! Bill Walton said this garbage the other night "Baron Davis didnt make the allstar team because coaches dont like him" GET BENT. Stephen A stepped in and called it ridiculous. and rightfully so. sure they might hold small grudges but that wont get in the way of business man.

regardless of what ppl think. these men are professionals! they are running a nba franchise! some ppl dont like Michael Jordan. some ppl dont like Jim Paxson. a lot of ppl dont like larry bird. but the bulls, pacers and bobcats will still get deals done. im sorry.

True, but I still have to disagree, but your thoughts are noted.

When you say they are professional men, I can't help but think back to the days when Larry Brown and Isiaha Thomas were at training camp all week and did everything they can to avoid eye contact during that entire time- always making sure they were on opposite ends of the court and much more drastic measures to avoid seeing eachother, and everyone else commenting to reporters how childish the situation was. Theres tons of other scenarios with other execs we can think back to, but it doesn't matter because Thomas is one of the worst GMs in the history of mankind regardless who likes him

I'm sorry, but I still don't believe NBA execs are as professional as we think they are

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
the bottom line is we have a bunch of players that no one else wants.. ... end of story...
I agree.We have guys on our team that nobody wants.However,
Isiah Thomas dropped the ball, though, when he didn't make an offer for
Pau Gasol.The Lakers gave the Grizzlies practically nothing, and they took it.The Knicks could've offered Eddy Curry and Malik Rose, and they might have gone for it.Isiah Thomas is just stupid. He trades for washed up has beens, but he can't trade for a guy that's playing well now.Here is why I think the Grizzlies might've gone for the trade.
Lineup:
PG Kyle Lowry
SG Mike Miller
SF Rudy Gay
PF Hakim Warrick
C Eddy Curry
Although this is a crappy lineup, this is a good lineup to use for a team that's rebuilding, which is why they might have done it.Plus, Curry makes less than Gasol, so it could've freed up some salary cap space for them.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Co-sign 85-90% of this thread. Alot of good posts in here.

I really dont have any opinion here. Ive said how I feel before but Ill say it again. As a fan I dont know what the F*ck im suppose to do. I hate Isiah and if he makes more trades it will only lead to more problems. 98% of his history as a gm shows us this. I hate to say this but it doesnt appear as if hes gonna be fired anytime soon. The only option is to root for the Knicks. I dont know what its gonna take for Dolan to fire Isiah. Im my opinion were the worst team in the leage, were the joke of the NBA. We have hit a new low. I guess I wanna see him keep the team the way it is (except an Artest deal) and not make any trades. Let the contracts expire. Who knows how long we can be stuck with Isiah. At least us New York fans got the Giants. F*ck the Patriots. Im almost as much of a Patriots hater as I am a Giants fan.