Isiah throws Balkman under the bus...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Quoted from: Daily News, Friday, February 15th 2008, BY FRANK ISOLA
Even the players are dissecting Thomas' comments. After Renaldo Balkman accepted blame for leaving Michael Finley alone moments before the Spurs guard tied last Friday's game with a last-second three-pointer, Thomas told reporters that Balkman was instructed to stay home on the shooter.

"He didn't tell him anything," said one Knick.

When will he just leave?

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
cant really blame balkman because thats just basketball instincts but if he was told to stay on finley then he choked, just a bit over 4 seconds left, up 3, why collapse on somebody who seems as if he's going for a layup?

Toons

is the Bo$$
it was stupid on balkmans behalf, with a 2 pointer we would still ahve been up 1 with possession.....bad cover balkman! but hey, u live n u learn....im sure he wont do it again

KOWIE

Rookie
How can any one player get called out as a scapegoat when the TEAM blows that kind of a lead? Zeke needs to leave, and we need a refund....It is becoming increasingly difficult to watch an entire game. I thought I would start to get numb after a while....like I did during the Kotite years with the Jets...But nope....It still hurts.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
How can any one player get called out as a scapegoat when the TEAM blows that kind of a lead? Zeke needs to leave, and we need a refund....It is becoming increasingly difficult to watch an entire game. I thought I would start to get numb after a while....like I did during the Kotite years with the Jets...But nope....It still hurts.

Exactly man. Regardless if Balkman blew the coverage, Isiah still publically blames somebody other than himself for the loss. Just once I would like to hear Isiah admit that he f*cked up. But that never happens. It's always somebody elses fault. Kind of sounds like a certain point guard that used to play for the Knicks.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
okay everybody is blaming isiah for this, but can anybody find me where isiah actually blamed balkman for the "L", he just said he told em stay wit finley cuz at the end of the day, its all tied in OT