Looking Ahead

nyk_nyk

All Star
I said that I would wait until mid season to get a realistic look at where the Knicks are and where they should be going. It is sad to see that a team which could have made the playoffs last year become so uninspired and play as if they've learned nothing from last season. Well, it is what it is and now we move forward to the end of the season and beyond.

The Knicks are among the worst teams in the league, which guarantees us a great pick in the draft. Isiah will not return next season and in my opinion Dolan should hire Carlile, Van Gundy or Skiles to coach. Whoever takes over this team will no doubt get most of these players out of here and start building their own legacy. Players like Lee, Balkman and Nate may get a pass, but everyone else should be expecting to move on.

Our main needs for a shooter, defense and a go to player have still not been addressed through half the season. True, we managed to get more rebounding and scoring by adding Zach, but it was at the expense of some defense and team play. Collins appeared to be ready to step in and take over the pg duties once steph leaves, but mysteriously he has taken a huge step back in his development. Balkman's playing time has been reduced this year and Quentin has lost the ability to score. Curry doesn't look like he's going to get any better and Steph can't seem to balance being a team pg and scoring pg when needed. Crawford has gotten better since coming to the team and he has been a big reason for a lot of the wins because of his ability to create offense when the team is flat. Even with that said, I think he needs to go because of his tendency to not play defense.

James has to be the worst signing in years. He's barely played and when healthy Isiah doesn't even have confidence in him to even give him significant playing time. That?s a reason to lose your GM job if you ask me.

So from this point, I assume we will continue to go down hill and be major players for that #1 draft pick. We get one of the coaches mentioned above for next season and begin to clean house like Memphis did. Also, we hire Ewing to work with whoever our big guys are. We'll be no worse than we are now for a at least a season and can begin building MSG up again to the top of the atlantic division where we belong.