30 games to go. (Predictions)

How many games will the Knicks win (30 games left)

• 25+......

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 15-24 wins

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 10-15 wins

• 5-9 wins

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • 4 or less wins

• Total voters

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
With the All Star weekend over with, I am finding out and asking you guys, how we are going to do for the reminder of the season? Now I understand there might be some trades going on but here are the predictions that I think will happen.

@ Washington W
@ Philadelphia W
vs Toronto L
@ Toronto L
vs Charlotte W
@ Atlanta L
@ Orlando L
vs New Orleans L
vs Cleveland W
vs Detroit L
vs Portland L
@ Dallas L
@ Miami L
vs Atlanta W
@ Indiana L
vs Memphis W
@ Minnesota L
vs New Jersey W
vs Miami L
@ Toronto L
@ Atlanta L
@ Milwaukee W
@ Memphis W
@ New OrleansL
vs Orlando L
@ Detroit L
vs Charlotte L
vs Atlanta L
vs Boston L
@ Indiana L

at best 11 wins 19 loses
at average 9 wins 21 loses "if lucky"
at worst 4 wins 26 loses

Final record 24 wins 58 loses

If the Knicks continue to play a lackful defense, and wont make any huge trades, then the results up there will be effective, but if they do make some trades, the results will most likely be the same.

Now tell me what are your predictions?

Last edited:

Trin_Starr

Starter
7 wins 23 losses

That would put us one game worse that LB's horrible record and WORST in franchise history.

That 'honor' would ensure Isiah Thomas gets fired, and Jerry Colengalo is brought in as GM.
It would also ensure that we get a very high lottery pick from 1-4

nyKnicks126

7-23 is a good prediction, I remember the pregame talk with Nate Robinson, Eddy Curry, and Zach Randolph, and they said they almost garenteed a playoff spot when they were talkin in the beginning of the preseason. Now look what happened.

That would be cool if Colengalo comes in for Isiah Thomas, but we still need a coach, I think Herb Williams is okay at coaching, but if Colengalo comes in he will bring in a new crew for head coaching, assistants, and trainer, that could be a possiblity, depending on there contracts with the Knicks.

I heard talks about Kenny Smith being interested in the organization.

Starks

Starter
0 - 30 for rest of year.

You heard it here first folks.

What's this about Kenny Smith? I called on him to get into coaching 2 years ago

New New York

Quiet Storm
7-23 is a good prediction, I remember the pregame talk with Nate Robinson, Eddy Curry, and Zach Randolph, and they said they almost garenteed a playoff spot when they were talkin in the beginning of the preseason. Now look what happened.

That would be cool if Colengalo comes in for Isiah Thomas, but we still need a coach, I think Herb Williams is okay at coaching, but if Colengalo comes in he will bring in a new crew for head coaching, assistants, and trainer, that could be a possiblity, depending on there contracts with the Knicks.

I heard talks about Kenny Smith being interested in the organization.

Every year a Knick says this year is the year we make the playoffs! I mean ofcourse you have to be optimistic about the season going into it, but maybe just gaurantee hard work until we actually make the playoffs, then the season after that we can say start making gaurantees about playoffs.

As much as we all disagree at times on this site, I don't think not one person would be opposed to Jerry Colangelo taking over! The thing that is encouraging is that there haven't been reports denying he said he'd be interested, or the coments were taken out of context. Remeber Chris Mullin's interest in the position were denied within a couple of days after the reports that he had been asked about the position. I mean I know it doesn't mean much, but the way the season has been going anything positive you take from something is good! I like "The Jet", but I would hate for him to considered for the coaching position before Herb. Herb has paid is dues and then some for the Knicks, and to give it to him over Herb would be the ultimate disrespectful move. But that report was pure speculation, and the columinsist even said so himself

nyKnicks126

Starks, I got an article but its clear opinion.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...msg_analyst_kenny_smiths_harsh_tone_soun.html

It is true it seems like Kenny Smith talks a lot more when there are Knick games. He does suggest about coaching stragies, and so on, even about the work ethics of players, and sounds serious about it. Stephen A Smith, and Kenny Smith would be a funny pair if one is a coach and the other an assistant.

TNT is by far my favorite tv station to watch on fridays, and or thursdays.

by the way I voted for 5-9 wins.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Kenny Smith as a head coach? That would be awful. Maybe an assisstant coach. I could be a better head coach than Kenny Smith. I disagree with a lot of his analysis on TNT and when he calls Knick games. Sometimes I think he is clueless because most of the time he is wrong.

nyKnicks126

For some reason I remember I was pissed off about Kenny Smith, last year. At points it did sound clueless to what he was sayin, but half the time he means things as a joke, but souldn't be treated as one. I agree he should be at best an assisant.

nyKnicks126

Yeah Metro, that would probably give us the best chance at getting the first pick with that record. 25% is the best you can get in the draft, but I hope we wouldn't have the luck the Grizzlies had. lol.

metrocard

Legend
We shouldn't be too concerned getting the number overall pick. Any pick 3-10 is VERY GOOD, there are a lot of good players in this draft.

Brook Lopez is a BEAST, he's polished offensively and defensively and is athletic and 7 feet tall. He has the best mid range shot than any star big man in college basketball. He doesn't have any weakness and has potential to be a 20/10/2 guy in the NBA playing with a good PG; right now the best big man in the PAC 10.

Danilo Gallinari is a question mark; never seen him play. Nicolas Batum is the best player from Europe, he's going to be a very good defender in the NBA and is one of the best athletes in the draft.

This draft also has the combo scoring guard prospects in Bayless and Gordon; not pure PG's, but two guys who know how to get the ball in the hoop. Poor are poor defensively and can't play the PG position too good. Gordon is a stronger Ben Gordon and Bayless is a Monta Ellis with 3pt range. I wouldn't gamble my pick on these guys. I rather take Rose who has more PG skills and is better defensively.

The best guard in this draft is D.J. Augustin

I'm PISSED we don't have a second round pick; its owned by the Trail Blazers(pool of young prospects already), fuck you Thomas. We could of got a steal in a guy like Shawn James who is Sean Williams with 3pt range.

nyKnicks126

Brook Lopez is a beast!! I would be happy if he would be a knick, but Black Hole would take his minutes, DJ Augustin is a great guard, didn't see him or his games that often, so I am not sure how well he plays, this is during into a draft thead lol.

metrocard

Legend
Brook Lopez is a beast!! I would be happy if he would be a knick, but Black Hole would take his minutes, DJ Augustin is a great guard, didn't see him or his games that often, so I am not sure how well he plays, this is during into a draft thead lol.

If get Lopez in 08 and Rose in 09...we'll be set for 15 + years.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
lol, nyknicks126 you got them losing to the Heat twice, i think its funny but I agree. I got a feelin were gonna lose both games too. This Brook Lopez sounds like something we need, defense and offense from a center position. F#ck Curry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiyaman

Legend
Starks, I got an article but its clear opinion.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...msg_analyst_kenny_smiths_harsh_tone_soun.html

It is true it seems like Kenny Smith talks a lot more when there are Knick games. He does suggest about coaching stragies, and so on, even about the work ethics of players, and sounds serious about it. Stephen A Smith, and Kenny Smith would be a funny pair if one is a coach and the other an assistant.

TNT is by far my favorite tv station to watch on fridays, and or thursdays.

by the way I voted for 5-9 wins.

Every Knick game that Kenny Smith announced this season the Knicks either WON or was a close crunchtime finish. It make me think Kenny Smith talk to the Knick Players about their oponents before each game he announces.

With the rotation that Coach Isiah been using the Knicks would be lucky to WIN 7 out of 30 games.
And if Isiah makes a trade for another (3rd tier) player like Zach Randolph who does nothing to WIN in the 4th quarter reduce the 7 WINS to 5 WINS.

Zach Randolph would be the 3rd option on offense in Denver, Miami, Nets, Hawks, Wizards, and alot of other teams in the league that does'nt have a scoring BIGMAN. Isiah Thomas made Zach Randolph the one & two option on offense just like Portland did and it lead Portland to be a LOTTERY Team each season with Zach.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I predict the Knicks will finish 11-19(26-56). These are my predictions for the next 30 games:
@ Was W, @ PHI L, VS TOR L, @ TOR L, VS CHA W, @ ATL L, @ ORL L, VS NO L, VS CLE W, VS DET L, VS POR W,
@ DAL L, @ MIA L, VS ATL L, @ IND L ,VS MEM W, @ MIN L, @ ATL W,VS NJ W,VS MIA W,@ TOR L, @ MIL L, @ MEM L, @ NO L, VS ORL L, @ DET L, VS CHA L, VS ATL W, VS BOS W, @ IND W

The Knicks suck, so I predict they will lose to the Timberwolves @ MIN.

nyKnicks126

Yeah, I can't see the Knicks winning 11 games out of 30. They most likely will go 9 wins or less. Charlotte is a team that for some reason it's hard for us to beat them on most occasions, some however we do get the Ws but the Charlotte Knicks games I am always bored while watching them, unless I see Gerald Wallace dunk on Eddy Curry, that makes all of our days. I am still waiting until 2/21/08 for the trade deadline to be over with, I want to see some trades.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks WON the first out of the 30 remaining games by beating the 25-28 Wizards in OT.
The next Knick game will be against the 23-30 76ers, a Knick-Fan should believe this will be a WIN in regulation. But.............Isiah "Save-Face" rotation of players Q.Richardson, Jefferies, and Jones are something Personal to Isiah...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I know this is just a coincidence, but the Knicks have never beaten the Bobcats without a buzzer beater or a gamewinner, in the history of the Bobcats' existence. Curry had a buzzer beating tip in, Lee had a buzzer beating tip in, Marbury had a game winner, and Tim Thomas had a buzzer beating 3 pointer, which should not have counted, cause it hit the shotclock, but the refs didn't see it.The Knicks have gotten their ass kicked by them so many times, I remember the few times the Knicks actually won against them.

OAKLEY RULEZ

Benchwarmer
my prediction, in the words of the immortal Mr. T in Rocky III when asked for his prediction for his fight with Rocky.......................

PAIN!!!!!!

(for us fans that is.)

i only expect 4-7 more wins from the knicks the rest of the season.

:wallbash: