possible trade?

jzero29

Rotation player
I don't know how the waiver wire works? In baseball they trade back and forth through waivers way after trade dealine. I know houston could use a center and we could use to cut one loose. If we put curry on waivers, houston may pick him up? I am assuming they'd pick up his contract and it would come off our cap and they may have to compensate with a draft pick. Since we traded our second rounder already to aquire d.nichols.
We may have been able to pull something off if this injury had happened before the deadline. I don't know how NBA waivers work. This may not even be a legit possibility.

Last edited:

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
I'm with you on that! Maybe we can get some expirings from them for Curry! He just slows down the team!

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
well i think this would be a good trade for us next year cause we will have money,trade marbury for anybody in the bobcats like there center because thats what they need is a good point gaurd look there lineup will be

marbury
richerdson
wallace
okafor
and just anybody

and that will fix our cap a lot
about the curry trade 4 nothing i wont do it because simply nobody knows if a miracle happens and we win a 7 game streak we mighit be in the playoff and we going to need its fat ass at least for this year but i would defintly try to trade him next year

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
shit i try yo get nazar back just because he got that d and he is a team player and the the best of it is that he is cheap and the bobcats have the money for marbury

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
shit i try yo get nazar back just because he got that d and he is a team player and the best of it is that he is cheap and the bobcats have the money for marbury

paris401

Starter
some great ideas for trades... only problem is there is only one gm in the nba
stupid enough to trade/sign starbury,zach,curry,qrich,james,jefferies,junk-yard dog (who else did i miss)... and it is isiah..

there is no waiver period, most everyone (except isiah) knows the value of expiring contracts...

maybe in the summer isiah will find a sucker for curry (big maybe), zach still owed 48m is here to stay...

as to our other garbage.... starbury will go feb 09...unless they buy him out..

jzero29

Rotation player
well i think this would be a good trade for us next year cause we will have money,trade marbury for anybody in the bobcats like there center because thats what they need is a good point gaurd look there lineup will be

marbury
richerdson
wallace
okafor
and just anybody

and that will fix our cap a lot
about the curry trade 4 nothing i wont do it because simply nobody knows if a miracle happens and we win a 7 game streak we mighit be in the playoff and we going to need its fat ass at least for this year but i would defintly try to trade him next year
They won't take marbury, he's owed like 20million next year. Curry deal wasn't for nothing it was a draft pick, plus the NBA doesn't have a waive trade system like baseball, so it's impossible.

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
They won't take marbury, he's owed like 20million next year. Curry deal wasn't for nothing it was a draft pick, plus the NBA doesn't have a waive trade system like baseball, so it's impossible.
yeah but they want to win so bad it will only be a one year investment and i know marbury will do good with them the things is that he hates the knicks and i hate him shit just anyboy nazar or felton and

paris401

Starter
yeah but they want to win so bad it will only be a one year investment and i know marbury will do good with them the things is that he hates the knicks and i hate him shit just anyboy nazar or felton and

if they ain't winning with okafor, how they going to win with starbury???