Ever met any players in real life?

Starks

Starter
Some here have mentioned they know players in real life... I was wondering if anyone had any stories. Could be an interesting topic. I'd rather read an interview with AC Green then read more of this Starbury war that keeps weighing down one of my fav Knick sites.

I met 5.

John Starks
-getting on to a Knicks bus. Mad cool. Only Knick to take time out to make sure he signed every fan's merchandise. He signed my cover of Slam Magazine and my Starks rookie.

Patrick Ewing.
-Was a complete asshole. On a side note, I know of a petite lil white girl he f^*ed. She told me she couldn't walk for days and that he was really corny.

Anthony Mason.
-Was made laid back. Didn't mine takin a few photos.

Charlie Ward
-I met him when he was a rookie. He was wearing gear straight from the Cosby show. Talked about football and how he doesn't spend time thinking about what could have been if we played in the NFL.

Pat Riley
-Really pretentious. But when he saw my dad had taken the time to read his book, he apologized and personally autographed the front cover.

GetRealistic

Starter
I met a few not to many.

Starks- At a book signing, so ofcoure he was on best behavior. But he seemed real cool.

Ewing- Same thing dude came off as an asshole. Then again i was in on a spring break trip in the Bahamas and was completely trashed. It was at some club and he was dancing with some white girl. I went up to him not even for an autograph just wanted to say i was a big fan and he blew me off.

Jarred Jordan- I know he had a super short stint as a pro but i know him real well from AAU and i played against him in college. Real nice guy and a super smart player who eventually will be in the league is a quality backup pg.

Pricey

Rotation player
I met a few Phoenix Suns players when i was waiting at Arizona Airport or whatever its called to go to Dallas and i saw Dan Marelje or however its spelt and KJ. I thought it was the greatest thing ever so i ran up to them and asked for a autograph and they were really cool. I also had a pot shot saying the Bulls would win the finals against them cause this was just after they won the Western Conference back in the 90's to play Chicago and i was a massive Jordan fan.
I would say the fact you could tell i was on holiday and i was a kid they took time to chat and stuff. I got back to Australia and told my mates and i was the coolest kid for a couple days before i started copping noogies again.

Pricey

Rotation player
Oh i also met Jo Jo English when he came to Australia to play in our comp and he lasted all of half a season cause he was a bum. Biggest knob as well. Wouldnt even sign stuff unless it was organised.

Moz106

Benchwarmer
Charlie Ward:
I knew dis cool white old dude from Tallahasse he lived jus across where charlie used live, they were real close, I also used 2 go to church wit a lady in ATL who also knew him, when i told her he got traded to San Antonio she piicked up the phone n called his mother lol.....

Bryan Grant:
He came to my Island on vacation wit his wife and kids, good n humble individual, he came 2 a DABA(Dominica Amateur Basketball Association) league game n he refreed it, he had sum skin disease and my country had the cure for it :)

Garth Joseph:
I know most folks dont know this guy, but he played for the Denver nuggets and the Toronto raptors, and he's from my Island aswell, his sis taught me in high school, Antonio Davis was the one who helped him enter the league, they worked out together....

Rasul Butler:
he and my homie went 2 high school together in Philly...

Carlos Arroyo:
he and my home boy went 2 college together lol...

Otis George:
Another Dominican who worked out wit the knicks in summer league, we went high school together, played against him, got blocked by him many times lol....

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
Work in a Club in Manhatten

Ewing-Arrogant
Starks-Complete Gentleman
Oakley-Complete Gentleman
Larry Johnson-Parties like a Rockstar
Greg Anthony-quiet
Herb Williams-One of the nicest people I have ever met
Maleek Sealy-Great guy RIP
Barkley-Jerkoff
Jordan-Cant even get close more security than the president
Rod Strickland-Complete lowlife watched him start all kinds of problems and get chocked out and put to sleep in the street

Starks

Starter
Work in a Club in Manhatten

Ewing-Arrogant
Starks-Complete Gentleman
Oakley-Complete Gentleman
Larry Johnson-Parties like a Rockstar
Greg Anthony-quiet
Herb Williams-One of the nicest people I have ever met
Maleek Sealy-Great guy RIP
Barkley-Jerkoff
Jordan-Cant even get close more security than the president
Rod Strickland-Complete lowlife watched him start all kinds of problems and get chocked out and put to sleep in the street

Does anyone have a good Ewing story?

I would pay to see stricklan get choked out

Starks

Starter
Oh i also met Jo Jo English when he came to Australia to play in our comp and he lasted all of half a season cause he was a bum. Biggest knob as well. Wouldnt even sign stuff unless it was organised.

Jo Jo played in Australia? Derek Harper literally beat his ass to Oceania. It's Confirmed!

Pricey

Rotation player
Jo Jo played in Australia? Derek Harper literally beat his ass to Oceania. It's Confirmed!
yeah he played for the Adelaide 36ers which is my states team but i dont follow them. Im a Sydney Kings man. Sydney have some Denver Nugget listed player playing for us, last name is Draper. Looks so much like Carmelo.

Jo Jo was hopeless, everyone went on about how good it is that Adelaide got a Chicago Bulls player from the golden era and he turned out to be a bum.

Off the topic do u remember a dude called Shane Heal that played for Minnesota for a season and he was the guy that talked trash to Charles Barkley at Barcelona in the Olympics? i met him and he was a champ and i asked if what the deal was with him and Barkley and he said he is a great player but thinks he is all that so i wanted to give him a bit of stick and it got him a gig in the NBA lol.
He also had that game where he hit 5 three pointers in a quarter and the commentatoris were going nuts.. "HEAL ME.... HEAL ME..."

NBA Players

I went to St Jhons when Ron Ron was there i also met Kevin Willis wheh he played for the Hawks and I met Derek Harper i was on the bus heading down
fith ave and saw him standing in front of the NBA store i got off next stop and went and kicked it with him he was cool . i used to see Sprewell at
Sues Rende vous a lot

Starks

Starter
yeah he played for the Adelaide 36ers which is my states team but i dont follow them. Im a Sydney Kings man. Sydney have some Denver Nugget listed player playing for us, last name is Draper. Looks so much like Carmelo.

Jo Jo was hopeless, everyone went on about how good it is that Adelaide got a Chicago Bulls player from the golden era and he turned out to be a bum.

Off the topic do u remember a dude called Shane Heal that played for Minnesota for a season and he was the guy that talked trash to Charles Barkley at Barcelona in the Olympics? i met him and he was a champ and i asked if what the deal was with him and Barkley and he said he is a great player but thinks he is all that so i wanted to give him a bit of stick and it got him a gig in the NBA lol.
He also had that game where he hit 5 three pointers in a quarter and the commentatoris were going nuts.. "HEAL ME.... HEAL ME..."

O/T Question- where in Australia would you recomend an American to visit. I starting a new gameplan of making a big trip to a different continent each summer. This year I'm thinking of going to Austraila or Vietnam

Also, what are Australian girls like? -very important issue

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
Allan Houston! met him in four seasons!! was a really nice dude and took the time to talk to me and answer a few questions! big part of why hes my favourite knick of all time!

Nate robinson in NBA store! signed my knicks vest! was really outgoing and was really funny!!!!

Pricey

Rotation player
O/T Question- where in Australia would you recomend an American to visit. I starting a new gameplan of making a big trip to a different continent each summer. This year I'm thinking of going to Austraila or Vietnam

Also, what are Australian girls like? -very important issue
If your coming to Australia i would recommend Sydney, Gold Coast, Melbourne and Perth. Im in Adelaide and its a great place but it depends on how long u will travel for. Gold Coast is basically like ur version of Miami i guess but not as big. If u wanna pick up thats the place to go. Perth has the best breed of women i have ever seen and it has the best beer.
Aussie women are great and u will find that once they know ur a tourist u will get special attention, sorta like i did with American chicks once they heard my Aussie accent. That was some crazy sh1t, i was only 13 and i had 18 year olds wanting to take me out. If i wasnt married i would hit the states in the heartbeat

damn you dudes lucky I never met no one famous. except for john Franco when he was on the mets at some modells or sports authority in like 02 or 03 and that was from a distance lol.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Met Alonzo Mourning on a flight to Vegas. He was headed to a Del a Hoya fight. Extremely cool Kat. Of course he was first class and I was on coach!!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
When my uncle was in college he came home to Jersey on his break then went to a club in the city and Charles Oakley was there. My uncle bumped into Oakley and Oak gave him a dirty look. From what I hear the two of them exchanged words for a minute then moved on but nothing really came out of it. When my uncle told this story to me and my younger cousin, my cuz thought he had bumped into Charles Barkely. I then informed him that bumping into Oakley was much worse than bumping into Barkley and that his father was fortunate to escape with out bodily harm.

Starks

Starter
When my uncle was in college he came home to Jersey on his break then went to a club in the city and Charles Oakley was there. My uncle bumped into Oakley and Oak gave him a dirty look. From what I hear the two of them exchanged words for a minute then moved on but nothing really came out of it. When my uncle told this story to me and my younger cousin, my cuz thought he had bumped into Charles Barkely. I then informed him that bumping into Oakley was much worse than bumping into Barkley and that his father was fortunate to escape with out bodily harm.

Oakley is quite possibly the most realest human being in the history of mankind.

I'm 150% convinced he would have beat the living daylights out of EVERY player on the Knicks this season if we would have signed him.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Oakley is quite possibly the most realest human being in the history of mankind.

I'm 150% convinced he would have beat the living daylights out of EVERY player on the Knicks this season if we would have signed him.

I wish Isiah did sign him, Curry would get stomped out on a daily basis.