Randolph Morris Looks Soft (Sorry Kiyaman)

What do you think of Randolph Morris?

• Hes soft, not even a backup (D-League)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He'll make a good backup pf/c

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Hes good enough to start someday

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • He will be a great player

• Im not sure

• Hes still young, give him more time you little prick

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Maybe a 3rd string center, garbage minutes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • He should look for a new career

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I know hes still young but im not impressed with him. He cant stay out of foul trouble, his offense dont look to good, his heart is questionable.

stevie

Benchwarmer
I agree with you. but in his defense, if IT would have played him at all in the past two years maybe his game would have developed.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
i mean ey he never really did try in defense...if u see all the games he played he never really hustle or nuttin...i was just hype if he can become a scorer which he can but defense....naw

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think the main problem with Morris is that he's nervous. I saw him in the summer league, and he was scoring, rebounding, and playing defense. I just think he needs time. I don't think he's good enough to be a starter, but he could make a good bench player. The Knicks should re-sign Randolph Morris for next year, to see what he can do. I'm sure he'll take the minimum, cause teams aren't trying to get Morris.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I agree MSG33 100%!!!!!! I went to the game two days ago, and Randolph Morris sucks so bad, I dont care if he is young or unexperienced, he reminds me of a unoffensive Eddy Curry.. I think Randolph Morris at best is a 3rd string back up center. The only thing he got is his height.. but he doesn't use it to his advantage.

I mentioned the same thing in the Memphis knicks thread the one you didn't label.

Jerome James=Randolph Morris

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I agree MSG33 100%!!!!!! I went to the game two days ago, and Randolph Morris sucks so bad, I dont care if he is young or unexperienced, he reminds me of a unoffensive Eddy Curry.. I think Randolph Morris at best is a 3rd string back up center. The only thing he got is his height.. but he doesn't use it to his advantage.

I mentioned the same thing in the Memphis knicks thread the one you didn't label.

Jerome James=Randolph Morris

I saw your post in that thread, I thought it was funny because of how much hype he got from a certain member on here and the way you spoke the truth about him.

The sad thing is hes playing for a new contract and still not showing much heart. Unless if like ABCD said hes nervous, this guy will never be anything. And the competition in the summer league is 1/2 of what it is in the NBA, ill say this those guys play their hearts out in the summer league but its not the NBA.

nyKnicks126

You know whats being nervous.... Being a player like LeBron James and coming straight out of High School to the PROS. that is considered in my opinion, being nervous not knowing how your career will unfold. Example Darius Miles, and Kwame Brown.
I like Wilson Chandlers D for the most part. good all around player back. Possibly a starter some day? But I always wanted Morris Almond instead.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I saw your post in that thread, I thought it was funny because of how much hype he got from a certain member on here and the way you spoke the truth about him.

The sad thing is hes playing for a new contract and still not showing much heart. Unless if like ABCD said hes nervous, this guy will never be anything. And the competition in the summer league is 1/2 of what it is in the NBA, ill say this those guys play their hearts out in the summer league but its not the NBA.
You make a good point. I just don't know enough about Morris to make a decision, though. He's only played 10 games, this season, and he's averaging 10 minutes per game. I don't think he's good enough to start in this league, but maybe he could make a good backup center or powerforward.I definitely think he deserves a chance. Especially considering our only other options to play at center are Eddy Curry and Jerome James.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
You know whats being nervous.... Being a player like LeBron James and coming straight out of High School to the PROS. that is considered in my opinion, being nervous not knowing how your career will unfold. Example Darius Miles, and Kwame Brown.
I like Wilson Chandlers D for the most part. good all around player back. Possibly a starter some day? But I always wanted Morris Almond instead.

Almond is more of an offensive player, we need help everywhere plus we already have Balkman so I can see why you would want Almond over Chandler, it makes sense. I do think that Chandler will be a better player then Balkman.

I dont think Morris should still be nervous at this point, look at what Lebron James did in his 1st game in the NBA. I dont remember the exact stat line but he had a real nice game. You made a good point with that. I gotta say Mardy Collins at least going by the boxscore has played well the last 2 games but I havent seen enuff of either game to make a judgement. I was watchin the Celtics Lose to the Hornets last night, which made me happy!!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Especially considering our only other options to play at center are Eddy Curry and Jerome James.

This is the best point made so far, your right. He still deserves to play but im not impressed with him and I think he has gotten too much hype from a few members of ko.com. Still, why not play him? Curry sucks, Jerome is too out of shape, the young kid deserves the minutes over those 2. Believe it or not i like Jeromes game the best but hes never in shape. Hes actually a good shot blocker but when was the last time he was in shape, was it when he went to the playoffs and impressed everyone in the 1st round against the Kings?

nyKnicks126

Mardy played pretty well against Memphis he brings a defense that isn't shown in the stat books he is a good back up player! About Wilson Chandler, for some reason I just can't picture him being anything special in the NBA. I think he will be a okay backup. I am not sure on how is work ethic is.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Mardy played pretty well against Memphis he brings a defense that isn't shown in the stat books he is a good back up player! About Wilson Chandler, for some reason I just can't picture him being anything special in the NBA. I think he will be a okay backup. I am not sure on how is work ethic is.

I dont know about Wilson either but Mardy has shown some incredible reflexes at times on defense, some of the steals I seen him make....I seen him stop fast breaks by strippin the ball, he has very good instincts on defense and he hasnt been turning the ball over as much, hes actually hitting his shots and yes, even 3 pointers.

nyKnicks126

I saw Kiyaman replying to this thread but I guess he didn't have much to say. I think that Mardy should get more minutes to see what else he can do, I want to see Collins playing a lot more minutes in the last 13 games of the season.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'll say it again, the Knicks young players are not going to put 50% of their effort or energy in these last remaining games (that may lead to injury) for an organization that showed know confidence in them throughout this entire season.
Their chances of being a Knick next season is very slim "30-70" chance, the Knick young-players are the best trade bait, and these remaining games look more like they are being show-cased (sign and trade for Morris).
The Knicks young players have to be fully healthy this offseason to dedicate themselves to some heavy workouts to get playingtime next season on this team or the next team, so dont expect them to take a chance on an injury while the NBA door to their future is wide open for them this offseason.
Next season all the Knicks young-players can make Isiah look like SHIT if they workout hard this offseason to improve their talents when they go to the next team.

The Knicks last two games Randolph Morris did play like Curry, I must admit, maybe his agent got offers from the next team, we will see when Morris refuse to play in the Knicks Summer League games this offseason.
Balkman played like Q.Rich (except in the 40 point 3rd qtr. vs Grizz with his original crew of Nate, Craw, Chandler, and Lee).
When you put these Knick young players alongside of teammates they are familar with they show their value.

Marbury averaged close to 40 mpg in two seasons on this Knick Team. Yet......
Has Marbury ever worked out in the offseason with one of his Knick Teammate to become a Tandem on this team? NO! well you can add Q.Rich, Curry, Malik, James, Jefferies, and Zach to the same list as Marbury (Selfish millionair with individual talent).

At the end of a Back to Back the Knicks faced the T.Wolves with Nate staying home with a sprained knee to give Mardy Collins his due in playingtime this season. Great Nate!

Mardy Collins only need the playingtime to build up his confidence to co-exist with his teammates talents.
He also need teammates on the court with him that has confidence in his talents. Which he have not been getting from Knick teammates Marbury, Crawford, Q.Richardson, and Zach (and fans want the Knicks to draft a PG to play with these selfish players
puke.gif
nailbite.gif
angry.gif
).

I wish Mardy Collins was a FA this offseason so he could go to alot of NBA teams that is in need of his defensive PG-talents like Denver, Lakers, Golden State, Boston, Atlanta, Detroit, and Cleveland, he would average 24 mpg on those teams as a Combo Guard defending oponents PG, SG, and SF scorers. Collins should be on a team that has a steady system plan so his talents would fit in well.

Kiyaman

Legend
The way the Knicks went about this season lineup changes, rotation, and game-plan excluding players Collins, Balkman, Chandler, and Morris playingtime untill March, for Save-Face players Q.Rich, Jefferies, Jones, and the Zach & Curry tandem.

I feel real sorry and bad for the young player the Knicks select with their first pick in the 2008 draft. I hope he have a strong-will-power to put up with his first three seasons in the NBA on an "Insane-Organization" that makes you keep thinking I should've stayed in college an extra year (Lost of Self-Confidence).

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Marbury averaged close to 40 mpg in two seasons on this Knick Team. Yet......
Has Marbury ever worked out in the offseason with one of his Knick Teammate to become a Tandem on this team? NO! well you can add Q.Rich, Curry, Malik, James, Jefferies, and Zach to the same list as Marbury (Selfish millionair with individual talent).

Was it necessary to take the cheapshots at Marbury? Its not even his team, its currys team. You singled out Marbury, even though you mentioned other players you stressed Marbury the most and went on to call him a selfish millionaire with individual talent. I would expect someone as smart as you to have picked up on Marburys great teamplay in the 06-07 season, which we will see again on the Knicks team next year. Im sorry to say Marbury haters, but If Isiah gets fired then that means Marbury doesnt have a problem with the gm. Whoever the new gm is will hopefully be smart enuff to keep Marbury next year, and his expiring contract.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I have to disagree with Kiyaman about Randolph Morris not playing his hardest, although you brought up legitamate reasons for him to slack off his contract expires which means hes looking for more money, its hard to believe a player would worry about injuries, hold a grudge against their bad coach, and player to a lower ability then their capable of when they are looking to make more money the following year. Since when do players not care about money?

Kiyaman

Legend
I saw Kiyaman replying to this thread but I guess he didn't have much to say. I think that Mardy should get more minutes to see what else he can do, I want to see Collins playing a lot more minutes in the last 13 games of the season.

Mardy Collins playingtime as a Knick the last two seasons dont add up to half the playingtime given to the Rookies this season.
The few times that we seen Mardy Collins in December. he looked like a bum or his knee was trully healed from the surgery.
Now that certain veteran players is out of the Knick lineup Mardy Collins is given the chance to run the offense with mediocre offensive players and been doing well at it.

GetRealistic

Starter
God Damm MSG your such a touchy little girl when people mention bum ass Marbury. "Why you gotta take a cheap shot at Marbury" seriously dude move on he sucks and he is Selfish Millionaire. Pretty sure every player in the NBA is a selfish millionaire.

And Kiya you make no sense. The way you talk you want the Knicks to have a 12 man rotation. There's not enough minutes for everybody to get playing time. Mardy was given an opportunity eary in the seaon (andyes it was a quick opportunity) and he was MR. Turnover.

If Randolph Morris isnt playing hard when he has a contract on the line is he really somebody you want to keep on this team anyway?

And MSG between your Marbury tears check out Hoopshype it says Telfair has interest in the Knicks.

GetRealistic

Starter
I forgot to say this in my little rant. Morris projects to be a serviceable backup center in the league. I don't really see anymore from him. There are plenty of worse backup centers. And maybe with a new coaching staff he could gain some toughness.

Its obvious along with a new coaching staff we need a new strength and conditioning coach.