What was the Turning Point of the Season?

Starks

Starter
I'm sure we all have our own theories about this. I want to point out a single game for being the final straw: The Boston Massacre.

I think with the "Formidable commerical" spots running everywhere and the national attention that game was given, each Knicks player sunk into personal holes after the game and realized to themselves, "Wow, we really are a losers".

The off the court drama is equally important. Thomas really lost whatever respect was left in the majority of players, but I still saw individual and selfish effort for players to atleast get their stats in.

After the massacre, I think it became a visceral reality check for every player in that locker room that there was no hope for the season after an their encounter with a playoff ready team.

Mark it on the schedule. That was the game that OFFICIALLY tossed us in the toliet

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
the turning point was the Patrick Ewing trade, since then we have continued to get worse. There were still some good years after he was gone but that was the turning point, where we are now is known as rock bottom.

Roco

Rookie
it had to be that trip out west where we had the lead in each of those games but lost all 5 and followed with another 3 game losing streak at home

metrocard

Legend
The day Isiah was hired.
This season, the day Isiah benched a 15 and 5 starting PG shooting 40% from 3pt for an injured 3rd string PG in Mardy Collins.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
The turning point is simple and without question... Marbury leaving the team on the west coast trip. Though still early, the Knicks were playing hard every game. They were winning games and everything was looking nice. Marbury bounced and everything went to shit