The Most Dissapointing Season Ever?

Did Eddy Curry have one of the most dissapoint seasons ever? (exluding injuries)

• Yes, he should be one of the best big men

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • He was dissapointing but he did not have one of the most dissapointing seasons ever

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Nah, he played well

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He did what he should be doing

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Its Isiahs fault

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Crawford and Zach Randolph both had equally dissapointing seasons

• Zach Randolph was just as big of a dissapointment

• Im not sure

• Eddy Curry should retire

• How can anyone look good on a team like this?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Eddy Curry was expected by many (but not by all) to have a breakout year. After averaging 19.5 points and 7 rebounds last year it appeared as if curry was destined to be an all star this year. There was a good amount of people who felt Curry was snubbed from the all-star team last year including this guy:

Sadly, im sure there was alot of people who agreed with this guy. Statistically Curry was impressive. Down low he was very difficult to stop, constantly drawing double teams (which he did not do a good job of passing out of). He played no defense but this was suppose to be the year where Curry finally became a dominant center in the NBA.

j,ecurry.jpg

In 26 minutes per game this year, Curry only averaged 13.2 points, 4.7 rebounds, and half a block. He also averaged over 2 turnovers a game. I cant fully blame his pathetic year on him. Some of the blame has to go to head coach Isiah Thomas, the assistant coaches, and the lack of having a well constructed team to play with. Ultimately its all isiahs fault for the Knicks lack of success but it is evident that Curry did not work hard over the summer as he said he would. He was suppose to come back with a jumpshot which didnt happen.

naturaldisasters.jpg

What does the future hold for Eddy Curry?

Hopefully Curry will not be a Knick next year. Its unfortunate that with his size and athletic ability (he can move when he wants to, but apparently only Burger King gets him moving) that he is as unproductive on the basketball court as he is. Will this potential force ever dominate the way he should or will he remain soft and continue to be one of the leagues biggest underachievers?

eddy.curry.jpg

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I admit, I thought Eddy was going to have a dominant-type year. To have a gift like he has, and to piss it away because he is lazy is a shame. I still think Eddy can be extremely effective. He just needs a coaching staff willing to kick his ass into shape and focus on his defensive liabilities and the right complimentary pieces around him. A defensive/shot-blocking/intimidating/rebounding PF with a defensive/pass-first PG or SG and a deadly 3-point threat in the perimeter would compliment Eddy well. Ultimately though, a team should not be built around Eddy unless he shows a strong work ethic and motivation to make himself a better player.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
<object height="355" width="425">Thanks, NyKnicks126! I finally got it.

As for Curry, I thought both he and Randolph were going to play well, offensively, this season. However, I did not expect the Knicks to make the playoffs, because I knew Randolph and Curry are both poor defensive players. I knew Isiah made a bad trade, the minute I found out he got Randolph. To me, the only disappointing thing about this season is that the Knicks finished with under 30 wins. I thought the Knicks were gonna suck, this year. But I didn't expect them to suck that bad. I thought the Knicks were going to finish in 9th or 10th place in the Eastern conference, before the year started. <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c3ABE3wvxzA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I wasnt sure what Curry was goin to do at the beginnin of the season because of the addition of zach randolph. I cant really say much because i never had clear expectations for the knicks. I played it safe because i wasnt sure about the zach randolph trade. In the beginning i thought it would never work but there was a week or 2 where i had some hope. At this point i dont expect much from curry. I have said before and ill say it again maybe when hes 30 or 31 he'll realize that he wasted his first 12 years and start workin harder. Probally not, once a p*ssy always a p*ssy.

Plenty of time to vote on this poll, you got almost a year and a half.

Allen

Benchwarmer
Eddy Curry is a bum, has always been a bum and always will be a bum.

He did nothing in Chicago and now he is doing nothing with the Knicks.

What makes people think he can be anything but a bum for the rest of his career?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Eddy Curry is a bum, has always been a bum and always will be a bum.

He did nothing in Chicago and now he is doing nothing with the Knicks.

What makes people think he can be anything but a bum for the rest of his career?

his size but your right though, he will never be anything but a fat waste. He plays like a female.

jzero29

Rotation player
Where to start?

Obviously the presence of randolph set curry back huge(thank isiah the GM), not only that but Isiahs lack of ability as a coach to put together an effective game plan for Curry and Randolph(thank coach Isiah) The other big problem is the PG play, they have to many offensive minded PGs and SGs for that matter. A good move would be to dump to curry he kicks out back to shooting guard or PG and kick it around to zach on other side. But when Curry and zach did manage to get the ball, they became black holes, or when they tried to pass out it was a TO and on the rare occassion that it was successfull instead of the guards passing it around, they'd either shoot or crawford would penetrate into the crowded paint area. So Guard play was terrible, and the outside shooting didn't help create space either.
The idea of Zach and Curry is a great one, but without a game plan to really focus on ball movement and distribution to and spreading out the defense, they blow.
Problems: terrible move by GM, Terrible Coahing and game plans, Terrible Distribution and ball movement, Terrible Outside shooting.
I saw glimpses of this kind of play throughout the season, but again the coach didn't hold them to it. It's like when they went away from the ball movement and spreading the floor, the coach didn't say a word? Didn't bench anyone? Didn't argue about the Game plan? and if in the case that he actually did just not publically, then they don't respect him or listen or care what the coach has to say. This team is screwed because eddy and zach ain't going no where. Even if the KNicks manage to get a guy like beasley, when is he going to play? for who? We are packed at his position. Don't worry, we'll get a guy like hansboro next year when we have the same exact team. hopefully they don't ditch marbury unless it is for something really outstanding like curry and zach go all also. and crawfor for good measure. Then you could let a young talented team develope, clear more cap the next year and go for big time free agents.