08-09 roster

swagger.B

Rookie
Now that we have a new president for the knicks, what do you think the roster will be like whos staying ,and whos going , also what new players might we have?

New New York

Quiet Storm
Lets get used to it now, we are not making any moves anytime soon. Donnie Walsh dismissed the notion of even Free Agent signings, now with that said, he said he would gauge the interest in certain players, but I doubt there is much out there in any one aside from Lee. I've been a huge advocate of us using our draft pick to dump Randolph in a trade, but unless it is a high pick (and were talking 1,2, and maybe 3) then that move would even be difficult.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't know what's going to happen. However, these are the players I think the Knicks should keep and why. The people that are not on my list are people I feel the Knicks should trade, waive, or buyout(whichever is available).

PG Stephon Marbury(expiring contract; can score and pass)
PG Nate Robinson(can score and plays with heart)
SG Jamal Crawford(good scorer, although he has lots of other flaws)
SG Fred Jones(Excellent defender, smart player, is athletic, very good role player)
SF Wilson Chandler(average scorer, good defender, average rebounder, very good role player, based on his play this season)
SF Renaldo Balkman(good defense, plays hard, good rebounder)
PF David Lee(great rebounder, good scorer, plays hard)
PF Zach Randolph(excellent shooter, excellent rebounder)
PF Malik Rose(expiring contract)
C Randolph Morris(is young and could possibly make a good backup center; does not make a lot of money)