ko.com locker room clean up day: post your goodbyes here

Starks

Starter
After 82 painful games, another dreadfull Knick season is in the books. Thank goodness.

Usually 2-3 days after the last game, every team has their locker room clean up day where they say their goodbyes to the media and give us one last soundbite until next year.

So how many of you guys will be staying around the board? And if you are packing it in for the spring/summer, give us your last quote/thoughts of the year.

I'll be around for the playoffs though; maybe give one last column.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
my first season as a ko.com member (great season to sign up!). Been from england it has been hard to find basketball fans let alone knicks fans!!! so its been cool reading what more knowlegable fans have had to say about our team.

Lets just hope that fate gets up a high pick and we draft OJ Mayo!!! and no doubt we will all be back when draft night is upon us!

Starks

Starter
my first season as a ko.com member (great season to sign up!). Been from england it has been hard to find basketball fans let alone knicks fans!!! so its been cool reading what more knowlegable fans have had to say about our team.

Lets just hope that fate gets up a high pick and we draft OJ Mayo!!! and no doubt we will all be back when draft night is upon us!

Off Topic: Is there really that bad of an Anti-American sentiment across the pond? I'm still planning my International trip and I narrowed it to France, Spain, England, or Ireland...but I don't want to be someplace I'm despised at. That be like Thomas walking around NYC on a day trip

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
There mite be times where i go a while without posting but it aint gonna be like last year. Computer problems caused me to miss all of last summer.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
no no its nothing like that. in fact quite the opposite! most people think they are ameican over here. Its just basketball is non existent. its dominated by football (soccer for you lol) rugby and cricket. The play-offs were aired over here but this year they decided to take it off due to lack of interest. Although theres no basketball on tv, people seem to be getting more into maily due to the fact that we have players we can be pround of like Bulls forward luol deng and possible ben gordon!

i guess the main problem is that its not in schools! our high school team is basically 8 of us and our coach. no fans, no hardwood floor, just basically crap facilities.

if i was you id go to irealand. They love americans! and plus its a hell of a lot nicer than round here. i have lots of family over there and its alot cleaner and people are just generally alot mor friendly. English people are rude. sometimes i feel embarrased to say im half english!!!!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I'll be online all summer. Some one's got to keep the lights on. I'll take some breaks to go to Myrtle or V.A. Beach and up to Jersey but I'll be watching and keeping tabs on the site. This has been yet another disappointing season but there is light at the end of the tunnel and I don't think it's a train. Walsh is a brilliant basketball mind and as long as Thomas is gone we'll be in good shape next season. The news will go south as it usually does but Thomas leaving, the hiring of a new coach and draft picks and trades will keep KOL alive as it does every year. Have a good summer, be safe and we'll go to war again next season.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I still will be posting here for the playoffs, NBA draft lottery, Breaking news around the Knicks and NBA, and the NBA DRAFT, then offseason moves, etc.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
This was the first season in over 10 years i barely kept up with the Knicks. I've had high expectations from this season but i guess everything fell down after the Celtics game.

Meanwhile i changed my job, i started to have other priorities and i barely had time to update the site or to keep an eye on the board. As you can see, the last headlines are from January 5. I guess with such an embarrassing team, and so many scandals it comes very hard to keep the interest alive. So you just go in the stand-by mode and wait for the light at the end of the tunnel.

And i think this is that day. The day we can really hope for a new start. New GM, and a possible new coach, that played his heart out for the Knicks. Not sure if i'm gonna watch the playoffs, but i'd enjoy seeing the Nuggets getting past the first round. I'm looking forward for the draft though.

As for myself, i don't really know what my schedule will be for the summer. I'd love to go to the Splash festival in Germany but i'm also trying to save some money for the 40D from Canon. I would also like to thank everyone that has been around all season, even though it must have been a pain, the Knicks sucked, but i think the forum got much better. And that's only thanked to all the great posters (old and new) that kept the talk alive! Also, much props to Starks, Jzero and Mark Delton for the columns they provided throughout the season!! You guys are great!

P.S. We're gonna delay the launch of the site, probably for the 08/09 season start. Just wanted to let you know that i have not dropped this project and there's people working on it! :)

New New York

Quiet Storm
Good Byes to all

First off it has been a difficult season, but props to all the poster who posted thoughout the whole season. This was fun for me as a new kid to the site. I enjoyed sparing minds with all of you who I have disagreed with, Knick fans are the most knowledgable fans in the world, and that knowledge is certainley evident on this site!

I'll be in and out this summer, but with the Lottery, then the Draft, then Summer League I imagine there will still be much to talk (or argue) about during the off season.

Lastly, I say it all the time but I'll say it again, at the end of the day we are all Knick fans. None more than others, I think this year brought out a lot of frustration and we took it out on one another, but lets hope to clean that up a bit next season, because it just looks corny to be going at it like that with each other. Ok I'll step down from my soap box! But again it's been fun, although the season sucked!

One last thing, I played the ESPN Draft game just because now it is totally accurate as far as our record, and first I got the #2 pick, and then the #1. I wish I had saved the screen, and I would have kept it from now until May 20th! But like my man ABC said, the ball has to start bouncing our way soon, lets hope it starts with the draft this year.

Ill probably be on for spurts much like I did during the season. I don't anticipate spending a whole lot of time online, but Ill defiantely check in quite a few times during the summer.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I will continue to post here, until after the NBA Draft, and throughout the playoffs. Once the Liberty season starts, I'm not posting on here until the Preseason. This is an excellent site, so I definitely plan on staying here for a few more seasons.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Did you hear that Jay-Z is this year's Splash headliner?

Yeah, i know that :). Both Splash and Hip hop Kemp got great line-ups this year, but since my peeps are going to Germany, that's where i'll be too (if i decide to go).

Sorry for really not being around that much lately. As for this summer and spring, i really dont know whats gonna happen. I hope i stop by and put my word in here and there, but i dont know. But dont worry ill deff be back by november and il deff be back for a lil while during draft/lottery time.To sum it all up-this season blew. But hey, it looks like Walsh it startin over. And i cant say enough bout this site man. We really got some great posters on here. I really learn alotta great things from this site, and its just really fun to be around. I really do think of some of these posters as my friends.

dre48ny

Rotation player
I've been a knicks fan for 20 years now!! I just joined this site this season, and what a way to start. I plan to continue being a part of this site for seasons to come since I want to share the joy with all the members of this site when, we are the great KNicks once again. Better times will come. I have enjoyed this site and there are definitely some great minds that contribute to this site. I want to thank all the guys that keep this site moving on a day to day basis, you do a phenomenal job. It was easier going through the agony of this season by reADING EVERYONE'S THOUGHTS AND REMARKS.

I will be checking out the site because until the lottery picks and probably take a break. If there are any moves, I will check to see what other's opinions are.

AT least we will have a new coach and management to look forward to, who knows maybe the 1st or 2nd pick?

Pricey

Rotation player
Off Topic: Is there really that bad of an Anti-American sentiment across the pond? I'm still planning my International trip and I narrowed it to France, Spain, England, or Ireland...but I don't want to be someplace I'm despised at. That be like Thomas walking around NYC on a day trip
yeah there is lol but u will be fine