Postseason opinions

Kiyaman

Legend
The New York Knicks inferior B-Ball may have made alot of us sloppy in knowing what it takes to build and have a NBA Championship Team in the millenium.
The Knicks havn't been a competive team since 1998-99 season.

Now it's time to see where everyone in this FORUM overall B-Ball standards are about a decent team, winning team, and Championship Team.
Give your opinion on the first-round teams to the teams that make it to the FINALS.

Eastern Conference:

Boston vs Hawks
Detroit vs 76ers
Cleveland vs Wizards
Orlando vs Raptors

Western Conference:

Lakers vs Denver
Hornets vs Dallas
Spurs vs Phoenix
Rockets vs Utah

What Four Teams will be in the Conference FINALS?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks were competitive in the 1999-2000 season, too, when they made the Eastern Conference Finals.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The New York Knicks inferior B-Ball may have made alot of us sloppy in knowing what it takes to build and have a NBA Championship Team in the millenium.
The Knicks havn't been a competive team since 1998-99 season.

Now it's time to see where everyone in this FORUM overall B-Ball standards are about a decent team, winning team, and Championship Team.
Give your opinion on the first-round teams to the teams that make it to the FINALS.

Eastern Conference:

Boston vs Hawks
Detroit vs 76ers
Cleveland vs Wizards
Orlando vs Raptors

Western Conference:

Lakers vs Denver
Hornets vs Dallas
Spurs vs Phoenix
Rockets vs Utah

What Four Teams will be in the Conference FINALS?

Boston > Atlanta
The eastern conference is surprisingly competitive. The Hawks are a good team but wont get past the Celtics as we all know.

76ers > Pistons
It needs to be said so I'll say it. Detroit is finished! They wont get past Maurice Cheeks' well coached 76ers. One of the best defensive teams in the league is slowly aging and underestimated a younger more athletic Philly team. I was shocked to see Philly turn the corner so quickly. This should all be credited to Cheeks.

Magic > Raptors
This one is already over. Toronto will be a good team down the road but right now, they are too 'inexperienced' (If it takes experience to succeed in the playoffs does experience count when it comes to coaching?)

Cavs > Bullets, I mean Wizards
Labron was called overrated by both players and fans of the Bullets.(Fk them,they are still the Bullets to me.) But this so called overrated player is kicking DC's ass just like crack did in the 80s. This is an other team that will make changes in the off season. Did you really think Butler would put the team on his back? I'm trying not to use that 'E' word again, but it takes more than one breakout season to be the man.

Semifinals: Cavs are one of the better teams in the east but casual fans can only tell you that Labron and big Ben play for them. I'm always surprised when this team makes it out of the first round of the playoffs. Although the east is more competitive then they get credit for, the fact that the Cavs made it to the finals last year in it's self shows the East is but a shadow of what it once was. In other words the Cavs don't have the right pieces to win a championship or the depth to beat the Celtics.

I'm going to make a bold prediction that no one else will have the testicular fortitude to make. In the semifinals Orlando will lose to Philadelphia. Everyone is sleeping on Philly but they're good enough to go all the way.

Easter Conference Finals: Boston Celtics vs Philadelphia 76ers

dre48ny

Rotation player
When the knicks are not in the playoffs (yeah it's been a while), I always push for franchises that haven't won a thing. That's why I loved the Miami-Dallas final! Neither team had won a championship. I am tired of San Antonio, Lakers, Pistons, Celtics won too many in the past. So my ideal Conference Finals:

EAST
Number 4 Cavs vs. Number 3 Magic.

West: Number 5 Jazz vs. Number 2 Hornets

4 great young players: LeBron, Howard, Williams, CP3.

Too much to ask for, but I would enjoy it.

New New York

Quiet Storm
The East Playoff has been suprising good!

The West has been a big let down!

I thought every series out West had the potential to go 7. And I thought Boston and Detroit would likely sweep, and I thought Clevlend would win a quick 5 game series, and only Toronto and Orlando would go the distance.

And right as I am writting this KG and Pachula (wrong spelling I know) are about to fight.

Jay Z has the first ever athlete to rapper diss!

Yo MSG get me the Blazy Blah video for "When the East Is In The House"

Kiyaman

Legend
Boston 2-1 lead over the Hawks in this series has become a big stepping stone for the Hawks rookie Al Horford. The Bibby trade was essential for the Hawks.
Boston in 5

The Detroit Pistons players have way better postseason experience than coach Flip Saunders. And Philly coach Cheeks has been taking advantage of every wrong move the Pistons make.
The series is tied at 2-2 heading into Detroit.
Detroit in 7

The Orlando Magic is exploiting Superman big time in this series leading 3-1.
The Raptors dont have a prair other than help from the officials.
The Raptors Guards Caldron & T.J. Ford can not do anything to slow down Superman, Lewis, and Turk.
Orlando Magic in 5.

Cleveland Cavs Lebron James is missing Gooden & Hughes in this series but he has prevailed the beating the Wizards been giving him with a 3-1 lead.
Cavs in 5.

The Lakers Coach Phil Jackson cant see himself losing one postseason game against bum coach Karl. The Nugget Players have to coach themselves for at least one win in Denver with the Lakers leading the series 3-0. The Nuggets have the players in Carter, Iverson, Melo, K-Mart, Camby, Kleiza, Smith, and Najera, its the playoff coach they are missing.
Coach Phil Jackson will give it his all to sweep both the first round and second round teams he meet. Lakers Sweep.

The Championship Spurs dont have any pity on their first round team this postseason with the destine Lakers heading to the Western Conference Finals. The Phoenix Suns bumbed into the wrong team to f with in the first round. The Spurs lead the series 3-1 heading into San Antonio.
Spurs in 5.

The New Orleans Hornets has shocked everyone except the Fans that seen what Coach Byron Scott could do with a team. He has framed PG-Chris Paul into being a Super Star in the NBA. And has one of the best underratted PF (West) in the NBA. It did not take Byron Scott long to get Tyson Chandler and Petersen to perform at the next level at a consistent basis.
The Dallas Mavs has been petrified of the Hornets uptempo game and grinding defense. The Jason kidd trade is not working so well with the Honets leading the series 3-1 going into New Orleans.
Hornets in 6.

The Houston Rockets are falling short in the series against the Utah Jazz whom has out played them in every phase of this series. Jazz have a 3-1 lead. Jazz in 6.

Some good Knick news:
Alot of teams that get knocked out of the first round will be doing some heavy trading this offseason.

Kiyaman

Legend
The 66-16 Big Bad Boston Celtics bumbed into a 37-45 die hard Atlanta Hawks club in the first round of the Postseason, whom the home court advantage have the series tied at 2-2.
The Hawks Big-3 Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, and Rookie Al Horford refuse to die by stepping their game up a notch or two to complicate the Celtics Big-3.
Another great postseason series to watch.

The 57-25 Lakers have to many weapons on their roster this Postseason.
They refuse to give the 50-32 Denver Nuggets a win in the last 4 games of the postseason series.
The Lakers swept the Nuggets in the playoffs 4-0 without breaking a sweat.
Is Phil Jackson starting back-up to his ole stuff again (three straight Championship Rings) with this young Laker roster?
How old is Jordan & Pippin .... oops mistake, I mean how old is Kobe, Odom, and Gasol?

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
The Knicks were competitive in the 1999-2000 season, too, when they made the Eastern Conference Finals.

Yup I was just about to say the same thing.

Celtics are now under the heaviest pressure they've ever had for the season. They need to find an answer for Josh Smith's easy penetrations. Hawks are getting way too many freethrows. Joe Johnson actually won Game 4 for the Hawks. He got hot and at the perfect time. But I firmly believe they'll win the next 2 games for a 6-game finish.

Eastern Conference Finals will be Boston VS undecided between Orlando or Detroit.
Orlando has turned it up a notch this playoffs. Detroit on the other hand are losing focus. I think they'll defeat the Sixers but not before the 7th game. I'm leaning towards Orlando as winning over Detroit to face Boston.

Oh and I hope Washington still beats Cleveland. Lebron sucks!

Western Conference Finals will be Lakers vs Spurs or Phoenix.
Yup I didn't even consider New Orleans after proving themselves and manhandling the veteran Mavericks despite being young in playoff experience. And ya you read that right. I'm still not counting out the Suns. Let me be the first to say that I firmly believe they have what it takes to be the first team to come back from 3-0 and even do it against the defending champs no less. I'll be looking forward to Game 5.

Last edited:

Pricey

Rotation player
Yup I was just about to say the same thing.

Celtics are now under the heaviest pressure they've ever had for the season. They need to find an answer for Josh Smith's easy penetrations. Hawks are getting way too many freethrows. Joe Johnson actually won Game 4 for the Hawks. He got hot and at the perfect time. But I firmly believe they'll win the next 2 games for a 6-game finish.

Eastern Conference Finals will be Boston VS undecided between Orlando or Detroit.
Orlando has turned it up a notch this playoffs. Detroit on the other hand are losing focus. I think they'll defeat the Sixers but not before the 7th game. I'm leaning towards Orlando as winning over Detroit to face Boston.

Oh and I hope Washington still beats Cleveland. Lebron sucks!

Western Conference Finals will be Lakers vs Spurs or Phoenix.
Yup I didn't even consider New Orleans after proving themselves and manhandling the veteran Mavericks despite being young in playoff experience. And ya you read that right. I'm still not counting out the Suns. Let me be the first to say that I firmly believe they have what it takes to be the first team to come back from 3-0 and even do it against the defending champs no less. I'll be looking forward to Game 5.
Lanceroy what is your love with the Phoenix Suns? you knew they were no chance going with the Spurs. Spurs vs Hornets is going to be a wicked series. Im not ruling out the Hornets in this but i think the Spurs will have too much gas for them.
Lets hope Atlanta can pull off a miracle and knock out the Celtics.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Lanceroy what is your love with the Phoenix Suns? you knew they were no chance going with the Spurs. Spurs vs Hornets is going to be a wicked series. Im not ruling out the Hornets in this but i think the Spurs will have too much gas for them.

They're just my fave team out west, that's all. And I like Steve Nash. Suns owned the season series (2 of the 3 victories after Shaq's arrival) with the Spurs' lone victory coming by 3 points so no I didn't think they had no chance. But it's worth noting that I wasn't a fan of the Shaq trade either. Games 1 and 2 were extremely tight games especially Game 1 so I don't think overall the Suns got outclassed. If anything, D'antoni got outcoached and that Hack-a-Shaq (Popovich even used it from the first quarter) definitely hurt them. Plus, luck was just on San Antonio's side. Oh and that turnover on Nash where the ref said the ball hit his knee/leg with 24 secs remaining after Bowen deflected it was very questionable.

I didn't know you were a Celtic hater too.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Joe Johnson is going to have to do another big performance in game 5, for the Hawks to win this, but I think he could do it. I've seen Joe Johnson go through long stretches where he scores 25+ points for 4-5 games straight. Another key player is Mike Bibby. He's a streak shooter, but he will have to score at least 20 points,and give at least 6 or 7 assists, if the Hawks are going to win tonight.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Nice win by the Wizards! Cavs thought they got it done but Butler steps up with the game-winning lay-up. I think it will better that Arenas has decided to end his season. Wizards do better without him. Good on you Gilbert. Now the Cavs have to face the Washington fans once again.

Lebron sucks!

Last edited:

Pricey

Rotation player
They're just my fave team out west, that's all. And I like Steve Nash. Suns owned the season series (2 of the 3 victories after Shaq's arrival) with the Spurs' lone victory coming by 3 points so no I didn't think they had no chance. But it's worth noting that I wasn't a fan of the Shaq trade either. Games 1 and 2 were extremely tight games especially Game 1 so I don't think overall the Suns got outclassed. If anything, D'antoni got outcoached and that Hack-a-Shaq (Popovich even used it from the first quarter) definitely hurt them. Plus, luck was just on San Antonio's side. Oh and that turnover on Nash where the ref said the ball hit his knee/leg with 24 secs remaining after Bowen deflected it was very questionable.

I didn't know you were a Celtic hater too.
i hate the celtics, i have no respect when players leave teams they have played for just to win a ring. Players like Karl Malone could have left the Jazz to win a ring but he had too much respect. Players like Drexler and KG have no respect from me.
Boston to me is not a real team.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Atlanta Hawks made it a Game 7

Well Well Well.....The C's pushed to the limits by the lowly Hawks. The real winners are the Cavs who now get to rest an adittional two days, and get to play a embattled Celtics team (more than likely) or a Hawks team who would just be happy to be there.

I hate the C's, but they probably win on Sunday, but they will be in for a much more serious fight against the defending East champs The Cavs.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
i hate the celtics, i have no respect when players leave teams they have played for just to win a ring. Players like Karl Malone could have left the Jazz to win a ring but he had too much respect. Players like Drexler and KG have no respect from me.
Boston to me is not a real team.

Karl Malone DID leave the Jazz for a chance at a ring. 2004 ring any bells? Though I agree with you at some degree on teams not being "real teams" after acquiring All Stars who would in turn compose the entire starting lineup, I believe this year's Celtics would be at the bottom of the list. The 2006 Heat would be the no.1 "unreal" and uninspiring team in history. In Boston, KG joining Pierce and Allen (2 players who only went to the Conf Finals ONCE and never accomplished anything remarkable since in the postseason) with a team that won 24?58 and lost all depth they had after the big trade (as most people thought) AND coached by Doc Rivers (an unproven coach despite being coach of the year) was a far cry from Malone and Payton joining the 3-time NBA Champions Lakers with 2 of the 4 best players in the league that time (the other 2 being Garnett and Duncan) coached by Phil Jackson, and from Payton joining the team that was one win away from the Finals, the 2006 Heat (now retooled with a ton of starter-quality role players like Walker, Posey, and Williams) and headed by Wade (who was at his peak) and O'neal (still ever so dominant) coached by Van Gundy/Pat Riley.

Nevertheless you can't fault players like Malone, Drexler, and Garnett. Everyone wants to win a ring before they retire. And if you're at least 30 and you've busted your ass for a team that suddenly had no use for you, had decided to go for youth, or basically had no chances of winning a championship at least in the next 3 years, then you'd certainly want to be in a better situation with a team that's a definite lock for at least the Finals. I know a lot will again hate me for this but I think this is where Garnett stands out. There was no Shaq, Kobe, or Hakeem, like Malone and Drexler could defer to, Garnett was no longer the player he was in 2004, and only had talented players like Pierce and Allen, but he effectively led this group to a mission. The biggest reason I think the Celtics and most especially Garnett are getting some hate is that they performed way beyond expectations. There were more doubts on their chemistry and health than in guarantees of a Finals. But at the end of the year, the Big Three efficiently accepted reduced roles, Garnett became DPOY, Celtics became the best defensive team, had the best record, kicked the heck out of the Western Conference, and had the biggest turnaround in NBA history. There was no bandwagon like what Payton, Drexler, and Malone rode. It was a new beginning, and it was pure determination and passion that drove this team. And someday I wish our Knicks team can produce players as driven as them.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
But at the end of the year, the Big Three efficiently accepted reduced roles, Garnett became DPOY, Celtics became the best defensive team, had the best record, kicked the heck out of the Western Conference, and had the biggest turnaround in NBA history.
I'm not trying to be disrespectful. This is an honest question, and there's no right or wrong answers to me. Are you a Celtics fan?

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
I'm not trying to be disrespectful. This is an honest question, and there's no right or wrong answers to me. Are you a Celtics fan?

I already said this before (it's surely still in the archives) but for your benefit or others who might be wondering. I said I became a somewhat of a semi-fan (if there's ever a term) of the Celtics since 2002 because of Paul Pierce. He's a great player. It was more of the player, not the franchise. And now, him hooked up with Ray Allen and KG has become amazing to watch. What I'll be saying next was for a moment I deemed unnecessary, since we are all proven Knick fans, but to erase any other doubts, I guess it was necessary.

My being a loyal die-hard fan of the Knicks far encompasses any affinity I have for the Celtics. Those two are incomparable to say the least. I have stayed with the Knicks since 94, throughout their ups and downs. I hated my day everytime the Knicks lost in the Playoffs especially to the Pacers and Heat. My favorite number was 8. I even skipped a family gathering just to watch the ceremony of raising Ewing's jersey at MSG. I couldn't bear missing the playoffs for the first time in how many years back in 2002. I cringed when Spree was traded, but hoped for the best. Heck I even owned a pair of Ewing shoes back in the days... seriously. I am a true Knick fan and no one can say otherwise.

It's interesting you ask me cos if I'm not mistaken, after I said that a couple of months ago, it was also you who responded saying how astounded you are to find a Knicks fan who likes the Celtics somehow, and ended up saying that you respected my right of having my own opinion.

Let me go back to the most important point in my previous post: Knicks need passion and drive from our players, something we see from KG (someone who amazingly is getting a lot of hate in this site, despite being liked a year or 2 ago) which has become contagious throughout his team. Steve Nash also had this trait. But sadly the last time I saw any signs of those were from Sprewell.

Pricey

Rotation player
Karl Malone DID leave the Jazz for a chance at a ring. 2004 ring any bells? Though I agree with you at some degree on teams not being "real teams" after acquiring All Stars who would in turn compose the entire starting lineup, I believe this year's Celtics would be at the bottom of the list. The 2006 Heat would be the no.1 "unreal" and uninspiring team in history. In Boston, KG joining Pierce and Allen (2 players who only went to the Conf Finals ONCE and never accomplished anything remarkable since in the postseason) with a team that won 24?58 and lost all depth they had after the big trade (as most people thought) AND coached by Doc Rivers (an unproven coach despite being coach of the year) was a far cry from Malone and Payton joining the 3-time NBA Champions Lakers with 2 of the 4 best players in the league that time (the other 2 being Garnett and Duncan) coached by Phil Jackson, and from Payton joining the team that was one win away from the Finals, the 2006 Heat (now retooled with a ton of starter-quality role players like Walker, Posey, and Williams) and headed by Wade (who was at his peak) and O'neal (still ever so dominant) coached by Van Gundy/Pat Riley.

Nevertheless you can't fault players like Malone, Drexler, and Garnett. Everyone wants to win a ring before they retire. And if you're at least 30 and you've busted your ass for a team that suddenly had no use for you, had decided to go for youth, or basically had no chances of winning a championship at least in the next 3 years, then you'd certainly want to be in a better situation with a team that's a definite lock for at least the Finals. I know a lot will again hate me for this but I think this is where Garnett stands out. There was no Shaq, Kobe, or Hakeem, like Malone and Drexler could defer to, Garnett was no longer the player he was in 2004, and only had talented players like Pierce and Allen, but he effectively led this group to a mission. The biggest reason I think the Celtics and most especially Garnett are getting some hate is that they performed way beyond expectations. There were more doubts on their chemistry and health than in guarantees of a Finals. But at the end of the year, the Big Three efficiently accepted reduced roles, Garnett became DPOY, Celtics became the best defensive team, had the best record, kicked the heck out of the Western Conference, and had the biggest turnaround in NBA history. There was no bandwagon like what Payton, Drexler, and Malone rode. It was a new beginning, and it was pure determination and passion that drove this team. And someday I wish our Knicks team can produce players as driven as them.
My bad i forgot he went to the Lakers. I thought he retired but then came back to them so it wasnt like he left the Jazz for the Lakers? correct me if im wrong please cause yeah im unsure on that.

I HATE THE CELTICS. The fact they went 7 games with the Hawks brought a smile to my dial. New Orleans r gonna win it all. They r on fire.