It doesn't matter with these players

stevie

Benchwarmer
Been thinking alot about who should coach the Knicks. I have come to the decision at this point it really doesn't matter. I think Jackson is a good pick and will be liked by NYC. The real problem and question is who should be the GM. Because even if you get Jesus himself to coach this team they have proven they are not a cohesive unit that can play well together. We still have too many long term contract that stop of from signing a free agent in 2010 and a ton of missing draft pics.
We need a great GM to rebuild this team and this is what should be the topic of everyones conversation.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Been thinking alot about who should coach the Knicks. I have come to the decision at this point it really doesn't matter. I think Jackson is a good pick and will be liked by NYC. The real problem and question is who should be the GM. Because even if you get Jesus himself to coach this team they have proven they are not a cohesive unit that can play well together. We still have too many long term contract that stop of from signing a free agent in 2010 and a ton of missing draft pics.
We need a great GM to rebuild this team and this is what should be the topic of everyones conversation.

Im not really too concerned with what the knicks do next year as long as they dont add to the payroll and acquire more selfish overrated soft players. Id rather have them rebuild and be a good team for a while then go for the quick fix. With that being said i like the idea of mark jackson coaching the knicks.

tiger0330

Legend
If I were Walsh I would look at what happened to the Bobcats before hiring a head coach. Bobcats hire a head coach with no head coach experience to coach a bad team, the new coach clashes with some of his players and can't settle on a rotation, gets fired after a losing season and the team resorts to hiring a head coach with experience.

Sounds exactly like the Knicks.

Kiyaman

Legend
The players are apart of the problem.
The Knicks coaching staff and the Brass has always been the Biggest Problem.

The Knicks have a problem trading for players that had no chemistry with teammates on their previous team. And not having the right coaches on their staff for these single minded players.
President Isiah Thomas every Knick trade was for a nonchemistry team player. I should not have to mention any of the traded players name from his first Norris to his last Zach Randolph.
And his two MLE signings speak for themselves on this Knick Team.

The only experience Head Coach that could fix Isiah Thomas mess is "Phil Jackson or Byron Scott". Those are the only two coaches that clean-up a lockerroom and practice facility of any poison or nonsense players so fast that you would never had believe the team had a problem.

All these other experience head coaches available for this Knick Job does not have the patience or technique to build a team from scratch, especially in New York.
So hiring Mark Jackson as the Head Coach is a very wise move for the next 2 to 3 years while the Knicks clean house of expensive long term players and bum coaching staff that there for a pay check.

Here's the joke on Isiah, Steve Mills hire Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Isiah puts him as the team scout rather than the Bigman trainer to help out the poor job that Mark Aquire was doing. Kareem quits and Phil Jackson hires him to help Bynum.
Did'nt we hear Knick announcer Clyde Walt Frazier offer his services several times to train PG-Mardy Collins last year?
Was Isiah afraid that Clyde would have done a much better training job on Collins than what Isiah been doing for Marbury & Crawford???

metrocard

Legend
Randolph
Crawford
Curry

Are the 3 weakest links on the team, they need to be REPLACED with more well rounded and skilled players or TERMINATED from the team for the better of our future.

Richardson and Jefferies will be hard to drop since they BOTH don't produce and get paid like NBA starters.

Once we get rid of these 5, we can finally progress.

moneyg

Starter
Randolph
Crawford
Curry

Are the 3 weakest links on the team, they need to be REPLACED with more well rounded and skilled players or TERMINATED from the team for the better of our future.

Richardson and Jefferies will be hard to drop since they BOTH don't produce and get paid like NBA starters.

Once we get rid of these 5, we can finally progress.
i agree with metrocard...except i will keep randolph hes a 20 10 guy and put a shot blockin center next to him like diop or joey dorsey from memphis and see if i can get artest for curry to play the 3. now thats a nice frontline.