Dolan got another idiot running the Knicks

Kiyaman

Legend
Chad Ford article and Walsh have to be two stupid people to not know that Mike D'Antoni need at least a year or two off after coaching the Phoenix "Marion" Suns for five years and making such a big Dum move for Shaq in the middle of the season that will follow his decision making as a coach for years to come.
Maybe he should have kept Kurt Thomas!

I though we got rid of Layden & Isiah silly decision making but we did'nt we got them back in Walsh & D'Antoni.

I'm waiting to hear all the optimistic Knick-Fans this offseason. LOL :boohoo:
I cant believe Dolan found another idiot to run this Knick organization. It only took Layden, Isiah, and Walsh first moves in the organization to find out they are not the person for the job. Ernie Grunfield Knick-Fans miss you dearly...

metrocard

Legend
You're wlying right now brother; Walsh hasn't even made a trade yet. Lets come back to this discussion after the off season is done.

Kiyaman

Legend
You're wlying right now brother; Walsh hasn't even made a trade yet. Lets come back to this discussion after the off season is done.

Not really. Walsh biggest move from March to June is the Knicks change of coaching-staff.
From June untill October's first day of training-camp his biggest moves are the selection of players for the 15 man roster for the 2008-9 season.

You grade people on their first moves when it come to business.

Why did Mike D'Antoni take the job?
Must be the MONEY$$$$

Could anyone blame Larry Brown for going after the money? NO!
so you cant blame Mike D'Antoni for going after the money either.

Will D'Antoni help the Knicks? just as much as Larry Brown helped himself with the Knicks.

After Larry Brown coached Detroit he needed a year or two vacation to get his head clear for the next team that he coach (Detroit was the best format Winning team Brown ever coached in the NBA).
Larry Brown just had two years off from coaching so he will have the right head into putting the Bobcats team into the playoff picture next season.

Mike D'Antoni needs a very long vacation after the Phoenix Suns.
How many rosters in the league have a MVP PG-Nash, underratted All-Star SF/PF-Marion, and an Super Star PF-Amare Stoudamire, that consistently play on the "SAME-PAGE", game after game and year after year for several seasons. When you have super-stars that play on the same-page in practice and on the court, that makes the rest of the roster follow their lead.
How will D'Antoni get over that? it will take D'Antoni years to get over the best NBA roster D'Antoni ever had as a coach.

Larry Brown had problems getting over having the best co-existing dynamic chemistry same-page player unit of PG-Billups, SG-RIP, SF-Prince, and PF-Rasheed Wallace, the best unit he ever had as an NBA Coach.
The only Knicks that plays on the same-page is the Knicks six young raw players which may have to be traded this offseason.

Walsh is just as much a BIG FOOL as Isiah (thats why he wont let Isiah go)...

Wow just STFU for real. This si what I hate about some of you Knick fans. You take everything from the media and you let it influence your opioin 100%. You let the damn media think for you. We haven't even seen anything yet and you're so quick to jump the gun and call somebody an idiot.

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
Give it a chance.Look where we were 2 months ago,Donnie Walsh has been around a long time and he has been involved in winning systems.He is not gonna throw his reputation away and just do stupid things,We are not gonna be winning championships for a while and we are not gonna win nothing with this team.So maybe Dantoni style dont fit with these players who cares these players SUCK and Im sure there plan is to win with a diffrent players and change Isiahs whole cancerous program.Dont forget when Pat Riley came here the media said the same thing his style is run and gun and look at what they played lock down defense.Dont listein to the media this coach didnt get where he is by being stupid and not knowing how to coach defense,If that was the case he would be coaching at West 4th st not being named coach of the year and putting up very impresive seasons and just remember there record before he got to Phoneix Steve Nash was great but one player doesent give you 30 more wins coaching has something to do with it.You never know maybe Im wrong but I feel a lot better than I did a couple of months ago

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow just STFU for real. This si what I hate about some of you Knick fans. You take everything from the media and you let it influence your opioin 100%. You let the damn media think for you. We haven't even seen anything yet and you're so quick to jump the gun and call somebody an idiot.

I like coach Doc Rivers but I would not give him much of the credit for the Boston Celtics 66-16 winning record this season. Or if they make it to the FINALS.

The Phoenix Suns were a good playoff team in 2002-3 untill Marbury kept playing selfish ball in that Spurs vs Suns Postseason series which made the Suns players vote him out of Phoenix the next season, the same way rumors say the Knick players voted against Marbury this past season.

So what did D'Antoni really do in Phoenix? when the Phoenix organization took Marbury money and signed one of the NBA Top-3 PG-Steve Nash uptempo passing game to go alongside of All-Star players SG-Joe Johnson, SF-Marion, and PF-Amare.

We B-Ball Fans should know that SG-Joe, SF-Marion, and PF-Amare equal a Postseason team. When you add Steve Nash with those players you automatically are making Nash a MVP player. Isiah Thomas could've coached that team just as well as D'Antoni...

metrocard

Legend
I like coach Doc Rivers but I would not give him much of the credit for the Boston Celtics 66-16 winning record this season. Or if they make it to the FINALS.

The Phoenix Suns were a good playoff team in 2002-3 untill Marbury kept playing selfish ball in that Spurs vs Suns Postseason series which made the Suns players vote him out of Phoenix the next season, the same way rumors say the Knick players voted against Marbury this past season.

So what did D'Antoni really do in Phoenix? when the Phoenix organization took Marbury money and signed one of the NBA Top-3 PG-Steve Nash uptempo passing game to go alongside of All-Star players SG-Joe Johnson, SF-Marion, and PF-Amare.

We B-Ball Fans should know that SG-Joe, SF-Marion, and PF-Amare equal a Postseason team. When you add Steve Nash with those players you automatically are making Nash a MVP player. Isiah Thomas could've coached that team just as well as D'Antoni...

Who was Joe Johnson before D'Antoni's arrival as head coach? Look at his stats.

Amare was a Ben Wallace prospect, D'Antoni's system allowed Amare to utilize the best of his athletic ability and skills.

Nash won the MVP twice under D'Antoni's system.

Barbosa and Diaw would of been consider draft bust if they weren't traded to Phoneix.

Marion numbers and performance degraded in Miami, in Phoneix he was playing at an all star level.

Basically, these players became who they are thanks to the D'Antoni system, D'Antoni ability as a coach to get the best out of his players, and the great staff they have in Phoneix, whether you like it or not.

dre48ny

Rotation player
It's too soon to call anyone stupid. I would call Walsh stupid if Isaiah was still here, but he is out!!!!!

I understand that D'Antoni did have great players, but many teams have had great players and the coach just can't get them to gel. He did a great job of implanting that uptempo style and being successful. He has been successful so we can't take that away from him, yes he did not win a championship ( he could have won one if the refs didn't help San Antonio so much). A coach always gets one year to establish his system and then make moves to reinforce his system. I think when it's all said and done the knicks will be in the position to make continuos trips to the playoffs. I know we are impatient, but damn let's this guy coach a few games first before we judge him!

Moves will be made and the Knicks will start to have success little by little.

Kiyaman

Legend
By: Dustin Chapman

Recent reports circulating around the sports world suggest that Mike D’Antoni has left the Phoenix Suns with the intention of becoming the newest head coach of your New York Knicks. The reported contract agreement is said to hover around the four-year, $24 million vicinity.

In his six years of head coaching experience in the NBA, D’Antoni has held a respectable 267-172 (.608) regular season record, and has reached back-to-back Conference Finals series’ (2005, 2006). Along with those credentials, however, comes questions regarding his ability (or inability, depending on which way you look at it) to make adjustments and lead a team to the next level. With his new surroundings, he’ll have even more to prove.

The latest inquiry about Mike D’Antoni is whether or not he is the right fit for the New York Knicks. Before the ink has even made its way to the league office, I’m here to tell you why he is not, from multiple angles.

Team Direction/Personnel: D’Antoni is evidently a coach that has adopted the run n’ gun style, and has yet to show that he is able of adjust to a contrasting setting. He is a coach that requires the proper personnel to operate his system.

The New York Knicks defy everything D’Antoni is known for. One thing D’Antoni needs is a reliable point guard to set the tone. Stephon Marbury certainly has the talent to do so, but his mental antics and me-first mentality contradict the type of initiator D’Antoni needs. Moving down the roster, a Mike D’Antoni system needs a collective group of athletes willing to get out in the open floor and push the tempo at all times. Looking at New York’s top options, it’s clear that they do not have that. Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph have absolutely no desire to get in shape, and might even be unable to run unless they are racing for a whopper. Even then, they might stop halfway and wind up splitting the burger.

Some of New York’s athletic role players, such as Renaldo Balkman, Wilson Chandler, David Lee, and Nate Robinson are hustle players that will provide the energy and effort that D’Antoni is asking for, but those aren’t the guys that will be demanding touches.

Overall, this roster lacks the mental and physical needs to suit D’Antoni’s body of work. The players may enjoy the “shoot within seven seconds” memo, especially Jamal Crawford, but they do not have the wheels or will power to get the job done as a group.

Defense has been one the biggest issues in New York for a plethora of consecutive years. Logically, it makes sense to bring in a defensive-minded coach to ameliorate the problem. Unfortunately, Knicks General Manager Donnie Walsh appears to disagree. Throughout his career, Mike D’Antoni has not shown the ability or desire to teach defensive basketball, and it is now definitively convincing that the Knicks will continue their struggles in that area.

Financially, this does nothing more or less than dig a deeper hole for the franchise with the league’s largest payroll. In addition to their cast of overpaid scoundrels in uniform, the Knicks are now paying a one-dimensional head coach roughly $24 million to coach a team lacking direction or the necessary pieces to adapt to his methods.

If you’re going to spend this kind of money on a coach, why not wait until the team’s direction is defined with light at the end of the tunnel? The Knicks are in a dark tunnel with instability poisoning the organization across the board. This is a match made in hell that will not benefit either party any time soon.

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
By: Dustin Chapman

Recent reports circulating around the sports world suggest that Mike D?Antoni has left the Phoenix Suns with the intention of becoming the newest head coach of your New York Knicks. The reported contract agreement is said to hover around the four-year, $24 million vicinity.

In his six years of head coaching experience in the NBA, D?Antoni has held a respectable 267-172 (.608) regular season record, and has reached back-to-back Conference Finals series? (2005, 2006). Along with those credentials, however, comes questions regarding his ability (or inability, depending on which way you look at it) to make adjustments and lead a team to the next level. With his new surroundings, he?ll have even more to prove.

The latest inquiry about Mike D?Antoni is whether or not he is the right fit for the New York Knicks. Before the ink has even made its way to the league office, I?m here to tell you why he is not, from multiple angles.

Team Direction/Personnel: D?Antoni is evidently a coach that has adopted the run n? gun style, and has yet to show that he is able of adjust to a contrasting setting. He is a coach that requires the proper personnel to operate his system.

The New York Knicks defy everything D?Antoni is known for. One thing D?Antoni needs is a reliable point guard to set the tone. Stephon Marbury certainly has the talent to do so, but his mental antics and me-first mentality contradict the type of initiator D?Antoni needs. Moving down the roster, a Mike D?Antoni system needs a collective group of athletes willing to get out in the open floor and push the tempo at all times. Looking at New York?s top options, it?s clear that they do not have that. Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph have absolutely no desire to get in shape, and might even be unable to run unless they are racing for a whopper. Even then, they might stop halfway and wind up splitting the burger.

Some of New York?s athletic role players, such as Renaldo Balkman, Wilson Chandler, David Lee, and Nate Robinson are hustle players that will provide the energy and effort that D?Antoni is asking for, but those aren?t the guys that will be demanding touches.

Overall, this roster lacks the mental and physical needs to suit D?Antoni?s body of work. The players may enjoy the ?shoot within seven seconds? memo, especially Jamal Crawford, but they do not have the wheels or will power to get the job done as a group.

Defense has been one the biggest issues in New York for a plethora of consecutive years. Logically, it makes sense to bring in a defensive-minded coach to ameliorate the problem. Unfortunately, Knicks General Manager Donnie Walsh appears to disagree. Throughout his career, Mike D?Antoni has not shown the ability or desire to teach defensive basketball, and it is now definitively convincing that the Knicks will continue their struggles in that area.

Financially, this does nothing more or less than dig a deeper hole for the franchise with the league?s largest payroll. In addition to their cast of overpaid scoundrels in uniform, the Knicks are now paying a one-dimensional head coach roughly $24 million to coach a team lacking direction or the necessary pieces to adapt to his methods.

If you?re going to spend this kind of money on a coach, why not wait until the team?s direction is defined with light at the end of the tunnel? The Knicks are in a dark tunnel with instability poisoning the organization across the board. This is a match made in hell that will not benefit either party any time soon.

That pretty much sums it up. Nice posting Kiya. I agree with you 100%. I think us Knick fans have become so desperate to have a relevant basketball team again, they have lost the ability to see the big picture. Not only does our roster not fit D'antoni's system, but we will have to rebuild our team to fit the run-and-gun style that only gives a team a good regular season record and unsuccessful playoff record. Which means we will have to rebuild again when we have realized it doesn't work. There are a lot of people on this site that understand the game of basketball but their hopeful optimism has blinded them to the reality that this just won't work.

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
Ok you make very fair points,But please tell me what coach fits,Better yet tell me what our system is with these players.The Knicks have been trying to rebuild on the fly for almost a decade now it just dont work.So you say we have to rebuild now with the new coach tell me a situation or a different coach that would make what we have work.Tell me one player on this team that could win us a championship or better yet tell me one player on this team that can even take over a game.You say that being happy about Dantoni is a sign of desperation where to me its a sign of getting back to respectabilaty starting with Walsh and having a coach that gets the most out of his players.People say he never won a championship but maybe the players he had just were not good enough to beat the Spurs.He has only been in the league a few years and all he has done is take a franchise that was losing and start winning.So I will definatley take what we have and be happy about it.

metrocard

Legend
That pretty much sums it up. Nice posting Kiya. I agree with you 100%. I think us Knick fans have become so desperate to have a relevant basketball team again, they have lost the ability to see the big picture. Not only does our roster not fit D'antoni's system, but we will have to rebuild our team to fit the run-and-gun style that only gives a team a good regular season record and unsuccessful playoff record. Which means we will have to rebuild again when we have realized it doesn't work. There are a lot of people on this site that understand the game of basketball but their hopeful optimism has blinded them to the reality that this just won't work.

You have to be an asshole to think the roster we have as of today will be the same roster we will have in the beginning of the 08-09 season + in the future. Donny Walsh just got the job about a month ago...why are you so impatience for? You were patient for Isiah, why not Donny and D'Antoni?

We have to rebuild this team anyone, you act like this team is valuable when its one of the least valued rosters in the NBA courtesy via Isiah Thomas.

Kiyaman has been on his knees begging all season long for the Knicks to use their plays in an up tempo game; now we brought a coach who's the best in the world at this system.

You can't question Mike's ability to take his team to the highest level, because he HAS done it multiple times. The only problem was his team had bumped into elite EXPERIENCED squads in Dallas and San Antonio, also championship caliber teams. D'Antoni's team still went the distance and gave it a good fight. This is good enough to show you D'Antoni can coach at the elite level, you don't have to win a championship to be considered "proven". If that was the case, no one in this league would have respect for Jerry Sloan.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
You have to be an asshole to think the roster we have as of today will be the same roster we will have in the beginning of the 08-09 season + in the future. Donny Walsh just got the job about a month ago...why are you so impatience for? You were patient for Isiah, why not Donny and D'Antoni?

We have to rebuild this team anyone, you act like this team is valuable when its one of the least valued rosters in the NBA courtesy via Isiah Thomas.

Kiyaman has been on his knees begging all season long for the Knicks to use their plays in an up tempo game; now we brought a coach who's the best in the world at this system.

You can't question Mike's ability to take his team to the highest level, because he HAS done it multiple times. The only problem was his team had bumped into elite EXPERIENCED squads in Dallas and San Antonio, also championship caliber teams. D'Antoni's team still went the distance and gave it a good fight. This is good enough to show you D'Antoni can coach at the elite level, you don't have to win a championship to be considered "proven". If that was the case, no one in this league would have respect for Jerry Sloan.

I think you completely misunderstood my post. I know we have to rebuild this roster. It is an awful roster. I also think D'antoni is a very good coach, it's just that I personally don't believe the run-and-gun style can win a championship.

I would much rather rebuild a defensive/intimidating roster than a soft offensive roster and eventually we will have to rebuild a 2nd time for a defensive roster when the offensive one fails. If we had gotten Tom Thibadou, we would be rebuilding the roster to a defensive one now, not later.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. You think D'antoni and his run-and-gun style will succeed and I think it won't. By the way, how is this roster going to succeed in D'antoni's system? Since this team is one of the "least valued rosters in the NBA", we won't be able to bring in run-and-gun style players, and will be forced to play the run-and-gun style with all of our fat, selfish, one-dimensional players.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Stop predicting the future, it makes you look like an idiot.

You're thinking about "winning it all" when its unrealistic to think that so early.

You could be a successful team without winning the finals.

D'Antoni understands what players he needs to fulfill his system's needs. He made bench players like Raja Bell, Barbosa, Diaw into pretty productive starting material players. He could do the same with guys like Lee, Balkman and Robinson.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I'm not thinking of winning it all right now. I realize that we are in for a long roster overhaul. What's wrong with looking to the future?

I know a team can be successful without winning a championship. I consider the '90s Knicks successful. But that's what this is all about. I would much rather see the Knicks heading in a direction to a system that has proven time and time again in winning a championship, than one that has/will never win one. Don't you?

Either you truly believe the run-and-gun style can win a championship, or you're completely satisfied with just making the playoffs. Which is it?

You got it Right Kiyaman!!

We got rid of a idiot to do what? Bring in another idiot. Great Job Dolan.

Phil Jackson made Jabroni his son

fightah5.jpg

:thumbsup:

TunerAddict

Starter
For the record, Mike D had nothing to do with getting Shaq, it was the GM Steve Kerr. Just thought I'd put that out there...Plus Marion was cancer anyway.

And I think the Suns had potential with Shaq....till Mike left.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
D'anphony co-signed the shaq trade. Its not that shaq was a bad addition, he did a good job defendin duncan one on one. He couldnt defend the pick and roll though.

I dont know why everyones hatin on the matrix. The clearly missed his versatility on defense against the spurs. Now their stuck with Shaqs contract. The biggest problem was the bench, and lettin go of Kurt Thomas was a mistake.

mynameis

Benchwarmer
marion is overrated.. he get his allstar stat because of d antoni..getting 15 million and up is too much.. anyway d'antoni is the est coach out there.. Its a good pick for knicks d'antoni is an inovator he goes against all odds the way I like it.... were gonna be underdogs just like d'antoni wants....