act_stephon_marbury.jpg

stephon-marbury-fathead.jpg

7kv07o1w.jpg

2007_09_deck.jpg

arc_news_image38lg.jpg

news008a.jpg

news007a.jpg

marburyap.jpg

A Thread Dedicated to one of the most talented Point Guards the NBA has ever seen. Good Luck next year Starbury!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
example-"players to be traded thread"

LOL good facts

Thats one of the haters. I just replied to another one, get unrealistic just got owned in another thread. These haters cant mess with team starbury (time to bring that back). I think hes the perfect point guard for D'antonis system, he actually plays defense unlike Steve Ash who gets burned by every point guard in the league. If we get derick rose thats a different story but Id rather have a center then a point guard and im not expectin us to get the #2 pick anyways. If we do i obviously will be happy but having the 5th worst record were most likely to have the 5th pick.

Starks

Starter
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FUvANZFA51s"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FUvANZFA51s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I'll miss all his youtube videos when he leaves...I'll give him that.

whoever made that video needs to get some credit. He put up a video, edited it, scored it, and posted it in less than 24 hours.. that shit aint easy!

King Ewing

Banned
Theres not one moment I can remember or appreciate from Stephon Marbury.

Maybe our first round exit in four games against the Nets? :barf:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
lol good find Starks, Rich city man now wanting to live in the mountains wow, I rather live here in the City.... I got no appreciation or hate for Marbury, but why do the posters above ^^^^^^ are on his .... all the .... time. Marbury is a overpaid player thinking he is still the best point guard in the league. lol. Right... and when was he the best point guard in the league, Oh never. Come on stop makin these threads, it shows how you are livin it up through the hard times as a Knick fan, and the only picture that comes to mind is IT, and Marbury. If he goes to the Suns, I feel bad for there next coach and the players on that team, Shaq will have to sit on him a couple of times so he will shut up with his drama.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Im suprised little kids would want drama with me. F*ck the drama. Im not sure when marbury said he still thinks hes the best point guard in the league. He never said he wanted to live in the mountains. Everything he does assholes hate him for. Hes working out by running through the mountains but some like take assume things. Assholes assume. I have no problem with marbury being overpaid. Hes always shown that hes willing to give back to the community, like after Katrina he donated one million dollars to efforts being made to clean up new orleans. Wherever Marbury goes, i think the coach of that team will have the right timing. Hes ready to win now. At age 31 you can tell by lookin at him that hes serious, he wants to win now. Hes not 26 anymore so his times running out. I think he'll still be here in NY at the start of next season. Alot of fathers got knifed up by Marbury. Either that or maybe alot of mothers were f*cked by him. For some reason he gets alot of hate but if i was him i wouldnt listen to little kids and punk bitches. Their opinions dont count.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
This thread needs to be deleted. It was only created to start another pointless Marbury war that has plagued this site for too long. Starbury is only here for a maximum of one more year. Thank god!

Allen

Benchwarmer
Marbury has his good points. He is very talented and can play very well when he wants to but unfortunately thats not always the case. The op says Marbury is 31 and he is serious about winning this time...well what the hell has he been doing since he came into the NBA?

FYI...the best Point Guard in the NBA is playing in Detroit and his name is Chauncey Billups.

New New York

Quiet Storm
See as long as Marbaury has a Knicks uniform on I'm a fan. I hope for the sake of the Knicks that he lives up to the name Starbury, that type of play got us into the playoffs. I would love to see him turn into Steve Nash next season, that would be great for our team. I would love to see Jamal Crawford turn into D Wade, or Fat Boy into D.Howard. But lets be honest here nobody is really hatin on him. Even the his biggest supporters have to admit that there are reasons to be frustrated with him at times. Just like there is reason to be frustrated with Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford, and everyone else on the team. Look he came here and we made the playoffs, all the on the court credit was given to him, not the coach, but him, fair enough. But with that comes the heat you catch when your team loses. It's the way of the world in sports, after Shaq was traded how many Laker fans were calling for Kobe's head when they missed the playoffs that next year. Now the same fans were shouting MVP for the second half of the season. In sports winning cures all, and losing highlights every flaw, and star players, coaches, and GM's are the whipping boys. Now ofcourse it was foul how Zeke sold Steph out when the going got tough, but that's just the type of GM he was. So to all the die hard Maurbaury fans, I know it is rough hearing people rip your favorite player, but in a way it is due to his high talent level, and the teams underacheiving. And his clashes with Knick coaches, players, and his involvement in the Anucha Browne Saunders case just adds fule to the fire unfourtantley. Me personally, I blame every player who doesnt bring it every night, no one player loses a game for you every night.

To sum it up, I hope he plays at the level he is capable, I hope it is so good the Knicks want to sign him again. Ever since I heard the story that he was told on the night that he commited to GT that he would never make it, I have pulled for him. But I do at the same time understand peoples frustration with him. Hell he even said he understands the fans frustration with him, and that is why he is working so hard.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
See as long as Marbaury has a Knicks uniform on I'm a fan. I hope for the sake of the Knicks that he lives up to the name Starbury, that type of play got us into the playoffs. I would love to see him turn into Steve Nash next season, that would be great for our team. I would love to see Jamal Crawford turn into D Wade, or Fat Boy into D.Howard. But lets be honest here nobody is really hatin on him. Even the his biggest supporters have to admit that there are reasons to be frustrated with him at times. Just like there is reason to be frustrated with Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford, and everyone else on the team. Look he came here and we made the playoffs, all the on the court credit was given to him, not the coach, but him, fair enough. But with that comes the heat you catch when your team loses. It's the way of the world in sports, after Shaq was traded how many Laker fans were calling for Kobe's head when they missed the playoffs that next year. Now the same fans were shouting MVP for the second half of the season. In sports winning cures all, and losing highlights every flaw, and star players, coaches, and GM's are the whipping boys. Now ofcourse it was foul how Zeke sold Steph out when the going got tough, but that's just the type of GM he was. So to all the die hard Maurbaury fans, I know it is rough hearing people rip your favorite player, but in a way it is due to his high talent level, and the teams underacheiving. And his clashes with Knick coaches, players, and his involvement in the Anucha Browne Saunders case just adds fule to the fire unfourtantley. Me personally, I blame every player who doesnt bring it every night, no one player loses a game for you every night.

To sum it up, I hope he plays at the level he is capable, I hope it is so good the Knicks want to sign him again. Ever since I heard the story that he was told on the night that he commited to GT that he would never make it, I have pulled for him. But I do at the same time understand peoples frustration with him. Hell he even said he understands the fans frustration with him, and that is why he is working so hard.

pretty much

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
When I first saw the thread title I though to my self WTF! But I've got no negative words about Marbury. It is what it is. He's got talent no question, but Marbury isn't a team player and probably never really was. Regardless, at this point, I'd rather keep him so his 21 million can roll off of the salary cap.

In fairness Marbury can be a good asset to the Knicks under D'Antoni's system. I only fear how he will perform under pressure when we start loosing. Will he endure or abandon the team again? Time will tell. But yo, all due respect, your priorities are f'ked up if you create a shrine to a player with an attitude like Marbury.

Pricey

Rotation player
i dont understand it. How can a majority of people hate a player on their own team, the mind boggles. Fk im not a massive fan of Crawfords but when he is on the court im supporting him 100%. Until Marbury is no longer a Knick i will be a fan, if he ended up at a rival then i would want his head on a platter.
I have heard New Yorkers eat their own but man this is crazy.

If Starbury plays the way he we know he capable of playing like how he did in Minnesota, the nets, phoenix then yes this should help the team a great deal. It seems the last years his talent hasn't really diminished but rather his aggression was taken from him do to clueless coaches. Now that we have a coach that gives palyers more freedom to paly their game Starbury should be backto his old form.