THis is what we should do

stevie

Benchwarmer
TRADE DOWN. Lets get two draft pics in this draft and take a chance on some Euros that need development. Take a look at Serge Ibaka. He's a power foward who can jump through the Roof!! Spend some time looking at Nicolas Bartun he is a 6'9" SG who can shoot the lights out the ball. Both are really fast. My only knock on the Italian guy is that I hear he is slow and in Coach Mike D's offense we need some speedster to keep up.
I also want to know more about Javal Mcgee. I think we def need a project our big superstar draft will be next year. A great top three instead of a top two.

TunerAddict

Starter
If we trade down, we need to get Joe Alexander. Hes another SF, but hes good defensively, is an athletic freak, and has massive potential. Hes only been playing ball for 5 years. He can headbutt the rim and shoot quite effectively.

wymm

Rookie
We should trade away Zach Randolph and Jared Jeffries to Golden State for Baron Davis and Marco Belinelli. After that, we should talk with Denver about getting Allen Iverson and Marcus Camby for Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, Jamal Crawford, and Malik Rose. If we can get both Baron Davis and Allen Iverson without signing them to extensions and let their contracts expire next year, along with Stephon Marbury's contract, we should be closer to moving under the salary by the end of next year.

nyk24

Rookie
We should trade away Zach Randolph and Jared Jeffries to Golden State for Baron Davis and Marco Belinelli. After that, we should talk with Denver about getting Allen Iverson and Marcus Camby for Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, Jamal Crawford, and Malik Rose. If we can get both Baron Davis and Allen Iverson without signing them to extensions and let their contracts expire next year, along with Stephon Marbury's contract, we should be closer to moving under the salary by the end of next year.

Thats a really good idea. We'd be shaving 56 million bucks off the cap. The only issue would be having three high profile guards on the same team like that, but honestly, I could care less. Step One is getting under the cap... then we start focusing on winning games.

stevie

Benchwarmer
If we trade down, we need to get Joe Alexander. Hes another SF, but hes good defensively, is an athletic freak, and has massive potential. Hes only been playing ball for 5 years. He can headbutt the rim and shoot quite effectively.

The more I watch this kid the more i like him. I think if we keep the 6th pick we should draft Vanilla Sky...

Kiyaman

Legend
Everyone could talk about getting this player and that player for the knick roster but there is one thing they keep blocking out.
The Knicks roster is full to copacity with a majority of untradeable players.

Donnie Walsh already stated that it will be a miracle to get these players off the Knick Roster by 2010, but he will put all his effort into it. To give the Knick-fans some hope to be optimistic.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks biggest problem throughout Isiah Thomas tour has been the Head Coach and the coaching-staff which was never on the "Same-Page" together.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Under Layden's tour the Knicks had a decent head coach and coaching-staff. But they did not have the Players, they relied on Ward, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Houston</st1:City>, <st1:place w:st="on">Spree</st1:place>, and Kurt Thomas to hold the team together.
<o:p></o:p>
Once the Knicks get a decent Head Coach and a coaching-staff that is on the "Same-Page" with him then they could start "Deleting" the cancer-players in the lockerroom. Most Knick-Fans already have a long list of these cancer players which are bad to have around teammates who's performance show a winning attitude.
Cancer-Players List
Marbury: logic says keep him throughout his ending contract season, unless the team is doing well in the chemistry department by the trading deadline and the next team has a player that would benefit the Knicks team chemistry than you trade Marbury for that player. <o:p></o:p>

Crawford: keeping Marbury automatically means trading Crawford. He had 4 years on this Knick Team averaging over 32 mpg and his flaws out weighs and are more consistent than any decent performance he gave within his 4 year period. <o:p></o:p>

Q.Richardson: he talks as a leader but has no team concept in his performance, his FG percentage and assist within the last 3 season says trade him ASAP. <o:p></o:p>

Jefferies: has talent some where in his performance its just that is does not show with any of his Knick teammates in the last 2 seasons. He is not a scorer at any of the positions he is played at, and his defensive performance at any position has been questionable repeatedly. He is not a keeper! <o:p></o:p>

Zach Randolph: to selfish in his overall performance to stay another season on this Knick team. <o:p></o:p>

Curry: is still a one dimensional player that is a "Work in Progress" for the next three seasons. <o:p></o:p>

Jerome James: WHO???

dre48ny

Rotation player
I followed Joe Alexander's game throughout college. He is definitely a baller. He was real good in the Big East tourney and the NCAA tourney. He is way more athletic than Dirk and with a jump shot. Definitely like him.

Baron Davis would have to come in a sign and trade so that means that we do not clear cap space, but if Randolph is included it would be like a swap of contracts.

I would love to have Monta Ellis, though.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Walsh has said that a primary goal is to get cap space by 2010. The lack of cap space has been a serious problem. There is no reason to believe that Walsh does not mean what he says. So lets forget about deals that do not produce the goal.

Marbury has a $20M plus expiring contract. It has no value to another team unless that team can rid itself of its unwanted contracts in a roughly equivalent amount. Taking on two years of contracts -- 2008 and 2009 -- will not alter an ability to have cap space in 2010. Dolan, for all his faults, has never been shy about spending money. Although I think Marbury is a boorish prima donna, he still has the most talent on the Knicks and is likely to have a good "contract" season no matter where he may be. Perhaps by the trading deadline the Knicks could trade his contract for a couple of bad contracts extending through 2009 and a draft pick and/or some young player with potential. it would be expensive but the draft pick or young player could help in the future and the new bad contracts would not have an effect on 2010 cap space. There could be some similar play with Malik's expiring $7M plus contract.

The biggest problem is Z. Randolph's contract. He has $17M plus due in 2010. Suppose Chicago takes Rose instead of Beasley, which is not impossible. if it does, it becomes flush with guards and remains weak in front court power. Would Chicago consider Z. Randolph and Lee for Hughes and Tyrus Thomas?

Hughes has two years running on his contract at about $13M a year, but he will be off the books in 2010. Thomas has a $4M plus contract in 2010, but that is a lot less than Randolph's $17M plus contract. Thomas has been a disappointment in Chicago, but he is an athlete.

It is not that I do not like Lee. It is just that he has the most trade value.

There has been speculation that Miami might trade the 2 pick if it is not Rose. I find that unlikely. But would Miami take Lee and perhaps Curry and the 6 pick for the 2 pick -- Beasley? Miami has only one bad contract that does not extend beyond 2010 -- Blount's -- but his contract has two years at $7M plus each year. Miami does not appear to have cap space, so I am not sure Curry and his $10M plus contract would fit the cap restrictions.

Chad Ford suggests that a top five pick team may have a promise with D. Jordan to take him with its pick. If so, this increases the chances of Mayo or Bayless dropping to the 6th spot. In any event, I would not be concerned if Walsh/D'Antoni take Gallinari at the 6th spot if Mayo and Bayless are not available. They know a lot more than I do, and I am not prepared to call anyone who manages to earn several million dollars a year an "idiot" at least until after he makes decisions that prove to be idiotic.