Trade Crawford and 6th pick for

Kiyaman

Legend
6.5 SG-O.J. Mayo

O.J. Mayo form looks like it would fit well with either Nate or Collins running the point.
And also with Balkman or Chandler at the SF position.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I would not trade Jamal Crawford and our #6 pick. Crawford averages 20 points and 5 assists. If anything, someone should give the Knicks a pick for Crawford. As Knicks fans, we know Crawford's flaws. However, do you think that there aren't GM's out there that'll just look at his stats and try to give their life for Crawford? We could potentially use Crawford to rape a GM in a trade, so why would we give him up for free? If we are going to trade the pick, we should try and include Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, Quentin Richardson, or Jerome James. Preferably Curry, but the other guys I mentioned have large contracts, too.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
after all these years of complaining about trading draft picks, it amazes me how people still wanna trade em.
I know. I think the Knicks should just keep their pick. Unfortunately, Mike D'Antoni is headsprung for the SF Danilo Gallinari. The Knicks need a point guard or a center that's a team player and that can defend, and D'Antoni is focussing on a small forward. This further makes me not trust D'Antoni or Walsh. I think the Knicks should give Wilson Chandler a chance to prove himself, before they try to find a small forward. After all, he did play good for the last two months of the season. But I guess that just makes too much sense.

Toons

is the Bo$$
the only thing we should do is trade for a higher draft pick, or trade por another draft pick

umynot

Benchwarmer
More then half the mock drafts have Mayo there @ 6. I agree if he is there draft him but to trade Crawford & our pick for him hell no!!!

Mayo might be another Crawford so why give 2 players for him? I would not mind sending anyone from our team for more picks in a talented draft!!

We must keep our pick & try hard to get more picks!!

Draft Gallinari if Mayo is gone or Gordon!! Men I also believe Tatum will be this year sleeper pick!!

Toons

is the Bo$$
i looked at gallinari's game...he can definitely ball at 19 yearrs old....i think we should get him or kev love

nyk24

Rookie
SUMMER OF 2010!
SUMMER OF 2010!
SUMMER OF 2010!

Crawford's contract ends before then, trading him now makes no sense. We might as well get as much as we can out of him. If we're gonna trade anyone, its gotta be the bad contracts. Curry, Randolph, Jeffries, Richardson.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I know. I think the Knicks should just keep their pick. Unfortunately, Mike D'Antoni is headsprung for the SF Danilo Gallinari. The Knicks need a point guard or a center that's a team player and that can defend, and D'Antoni is focussing on a small forward. This further makes me not trust D'Antoni or Walsh. I think the Knicks should give Wilson Chandler a chance to prove himself, before they try to find a small forward. After all, he did play good for the last two months of the season. But I guess that just makes too much sense.

I have always felt that draft picks are a gamble at best, unless you are getting a sure thing like Labron James at #1. If you look at the history of draft picks, there have been more value from picks that were lower than what was picked in the top 10. The Knicks have painted themselves into a corner with a combination of long term over priced contracts and many years of tanking. They really won't have sufficient cap room until a year AFTER Labron and Dwayne are free agents, despite all the talk of them going after Labron when he is a free agent. So, if I was the GM I would use the pick as bait to dump one of the big contracts; not sure if the 6th pick is good enough for that though. So, since I do not feel there is a team that would take one of the heft contracts along with the pick; I would try to make some moves (smart moves for a change). I would try to offer Marbury's expiring contract to Dallas for Josh Howard and Dampier. Now, before everyone starts blasting me on Dampier, I realize he has a large contract, but if the Knicks want to make any type of an impact over the next 3 years, then they will have to make some moves. Yes, when all is said and done, we will probably end up with some "undesirable" contracts. Unlike Isiah's moves of stacking this team with over priced 1 dimensional players, that are also head cases; Josh Howard will address a few needs. He can defend his position and he has decent court vision. Dampier does play D (unlike Curry, JJ and Randolph). I would also see if I could use the 6th pick to entice a team to deal. I would contact Charlotte about Emeka Okafor and see if they would be interested in a sign and trade. Since Brown is the coach, he would be reluctant to take anyone from the current roster but I would see if they would take Curry and the 6th pick for that deal. Since Charlotte has the 9th pick, this deal would give them 2 top 10 picks along with a dominate offensive center. This to me is a win - win for both teams. You would have that Defensive force we need to compliment Zach. Emeka is young and can run, so if the Knicks needed to open up the floor, they could start Lee with Emeka and have 2 front men that are versatile and mobile; not flat footed like Zach. If they play a team like the Spurs or Pistons that slow down the game then you have Randolph who can start along side Emeka and play the more half court game. I would make 1 last move; If Phoenix is looking to dump Boris's contract, I would offer them Malik's expiring contract along with either Balkman, Chandler or Robinson. I would preferably want to use Nate in that deal and use a combination of Collins and Crawford at the point. I would NOT go after Baron Davis!!!!! I would then move Boris to the 2 guard and let him take some of the ball handling and distribution duties since he is a decent ball handler with good court vision.

If we get OJ with the 6th pick we should package Crawford with Rose and Balkman and ship them out to Carolina for a sign and trade for Oakafor. Jordan loves Crawford, Malic has only 1 year left and Balkman has some up-side.

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
why not trade Crawford, a 2nd round draft pick & and future 2nd round draft pick to somebody that needs a guard for a top 15 draft pick in this years draft?

New New York

Quiet Storm
If we get OJ with the 6th pick we should package Crawford with Rose and Balkman and ship them out to Carolina for a sign and trade for Oakafor. Jordan loves Crawford, Malic has only 1 year left and Balkman has some up-side.

That would give us Lee Curry Randolph and Okafor on the front court. If we get Mayo package him and Randolph to Cleavlend! Now Lebron can have his side kick and a low post scorer. We went into this Draft with our eyes set on the #1 pick, we didnt get it. So we must now try to get under the cap.

Kiyaman

Legend
Homtheaterguy, your response was getting good untill you mention trading for the NBA League Player Snitch (Josh Howard). There isn't a player in the league right now that wants Howard as a teammate.

Great Idea

That would give us Lee Curry Randolph and Okafor on the front court. If we get Mayo package him and Randolph to Cleavlend! Now Lebron can have his side kick and a low post scorer. We went into this Draft with our eyes set on the #1 pick, we didnt get it. So we must now try to get under the cap.

:agreed:
Nice Trade! I was only thinking of getting some low post defence and getting Oakafor would give us the freedom to trade or buy-out one or both of our useless big's.

Kiyaman

Legend
Isiah Thomas Showcased Zach Randolph & Crawford throughout the 2007-8 season with the majority of playing time and shots taken. The money I paid to go see the Knicks, showcase these two players better be to put the two in some trade package along with the 6th Pick this off season so that in the end we come out with
O.J. Mayo and Anthony Randolph.

If the Knicks could pull PF-Anthony Randolph and O.J. Mayo out of this draft and keep all their young players the Knicks Future would become a success with the right coaching staff.

Anthony Randolph do need two seasons of weight training to build muscle in the NBA, but his quickness and skill level reminds me of Bosh and West (he may not bring the samething as Bosh & West but his performance will be simular under a decent coaching staff).

O.J. Mayo performance only need D'Antoni coaching staff in Phoenix for two seasons to become that super SG that could switch position in a rotation like Joe Johnson and Ginobli (Mayo does not have the team concept performance like Joe & Ginobli, but under coach D'Antoni his rookie season will be a start).
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
why not trade Crawford, a 2nd round draft pick & and future 2nd round draft pick to somebody that needs a guard for a top 15 draft pick in this years draft?
The Knicks have no 2008 or 2009 second round pick, due to the Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph trades. You can thank Isiah for that. The Knicks also traded away their 2010 first round, thanks to Thomas' genius. I wouldn't give a team any pick for Crawford, if you ask me. Crawford's 20 points and 5 assists @ 8 million per year makes him highly marketable. People should be giving the Knicks draft picks for Jamal Crawford. Not the other way around.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
The Knicks have no 2008 or 2009 second round pick, due to the Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph trades. You can thank Isiah for that. The Knicks also traded away their 2010 first round, thanks to Thomas' genius. I wouldn't give a team any pick for Crawford, if you ask me. Crawford's 20 points and 5 assists @ 8 million per year makes him highly marketable. People should be giving the Knicks draft picks for Jamal Crawford. Not the other way around.

once again, this year second round pick had nothing to do wit the zach randolph trade, it was straight for D.Nichols

Paul1355

All Star
Hold On A Minute

OK I like Nate the Great but Collins? all collins does is pass to the wrong team and Renaldo Balkman? does anyone hear watch knick games? He missed a 2 foot shot every game and can't dunk if his life depended on it...I would laugh watching balkman drive to the basket because i know something bad and embarissing would happen at least, i got a laugh out of a knick game everyday. NO BALKMAN...i like chandler i see this guy becoming a very good player he can rebound shoot decent and play defence which is proven. I'd go with Nate at Point maybe Crawford at point...Mayo would be gret for NY even though it's more pressure than he needs he'll shine in the Big Apple. SF would be Chandler or D LEE depending on Zach's status and Curry has to lose some weight and get back into shape because he can be the best center in basketball but if he doesn't straighten up id trade his ass for any decent shot blocking center that the knicks need. Knicks need someone to denfend that post.