Walsh may trade #6

metrocard

Legend
May 30, 2008 -- ORLANDO, Fla. - Donnie Walsh finally arrived at the pre-draft camp here yesterday and officially began the task of gauging the trade value of the Knicks' sixth pick in the June 26 draft.

The more the Knicks president talked, the more he sounded as if he would rather wheel and deal.

"We're going to look at every option," Walsh said in a state-of-the-Knicks Address at Disney's Wide World of Sports. "Trade it outright for a very good NBA player. Trade back for multiple picks. Trade up. There's a lot of different things you do. You explore everything."

At six, Walsh could have a shot at point guard Jerryd Bayless, shooting guard Eric Gordon or 6-foot-10 small forwards Anthony Randolph and the Italian Stallion Danilo Gallinari. Even O.J. Mayo, who said yesterday he wants to play point guard in the NBA, could slip to six, though it seems unlikely. If he trades back, Walsh could land the purest point guard left after Derrick Rose - D.J. Augustin.

Asked if the pick has trade value in a draft in which players 3 through 12 are considered comparable, Walsh pointed to the Milk House where dozens of team executives and coaches had gathered and said, "I'll find out. We'll explore all of it."

Walsh's willingness to deal the pick underscores his belief the draft is not deep after the top two picks of Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley and may not contain a bonafide point-guard-of-the-future.

"I'm not sure (it's deep)," Walsh said. "We're dealing with a lot of young players, which makes it difficult. There are guys who are going to be great players and not projected to be great players right now. Our job is to pick that guy."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05302008/sp...113124.htm

Trade down with New Jersey

Randolph
Robinson
Chandler

for

Swift(expiring
Hassel(2 yr)
Van Horn(2 yr)

There we could draft

D.J. Augustin at 10

at 21, we could have someone like JaVale McGee, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Courtney Lee, Nicolas Batum, Serge Ibaka, Alexis Ajinca, or Donte Greene

at 40 we could get a steal in guys who are projected to be around there like: Bill Walker, JR Giddens, Mario Chambers, Richard Roby, Joey Dorsey, Wayne Ellington, Nathan Jawai

Our roster could be

Marbury/Augustin(future PG)
Crawford/Ellington(future SG)/Collins
Richardson/Balkman(future SF)/Jefferies
Lee(future PF)/Rose
Curry/Ajinca(future C)

If we could trade Curry for someone like Dalembert that'll be great.

Last edited:

GetRealistic

Starter
I like your enthusiasm and creativity. But you gotta be alittle more realistic here. How often do second round players become NBA starters, let alone two second round picks in the same draft to the same team.

Good!

This is the best "Knick" news I've herd in a while.... I hope it turns out better than the Mark Jackson/Patrick Ewing coaching thing did! I love the DJ and JaVeal combo as well! DJ is the best PG after Rose and I think this JaVeal kid is a better project than DeAndre.

metrocard

Legend
Walsh said the Knicks could use in this draft a playmaker that makes others better and a shot blocker.

Damn...I guess Augustin is a possibility then.

We may get Joey Dorsey if we obtain a 2nd rounder.

moneyg

Starter
Walsh said the Knicks could use in this draft a playmaker that makes others better and a shot blocker.

Damn...I guess Augustin is a possibility then.

We may get Joey Dorsey if we obtain a 2nd rounder.

yeah.. id trade down for sure... dj looks good. id take him... the only knock on him is his size just like they said about c paul. i like dorey alot the guy want to battle the best and prove he can stay and hes mature. but dj is the guy i want.... trade down walsh:agreed:

NYKnicks15

Starter
yes but you also are planning on the future on whose eyes? not d'antoni he doesnt like the game of lee or balkman. he likes players that can score from anywhere. so robinson, craw, qrich are not necessarily on the trading block. i see OJ getting picked with the 6th pick and us trading marbury for a contract

metrocard

Legend
Stephon Marbury is staying in New York. Trading him would be pointless.

Did D'Antoni tell you he didn't like Lee or Balkman? Go to bed man, Lee and Balkman are going to charm D'Antoni and win a spot on the roster that guarantees 28+ minutes.

i say we try to keep the pick and trade with a team for a later pick... randolph still has trade value as a scoring bigman... package him with possibly a balkman or something for a mid first round pick

you can definately get a good player with the first pick

lopez may fall to 6 or mayo or bayless
and with the later pick you can take a gamble... you can get two underated sf in alexander or green or an athletic bigman in deandre jordan or your point guard in augustine

imagine one of these lineups

mayo or bayless
crawford
q rich/ chandler
lee
jordan/curry

marbury/nate
crawford
alexander or green
lee
lopez/curry

New New York

Quiet Storm
I kinda like Metro's trade I think it is realistic, but I would much rather not giving up Chandler I would try to push Balkman instead and would want a 2010 pick instead of the later picks in this years draft, but I wouldnt mind trading down to a lower lottery pick if it means dumping Zach's contract. For NJ Brook Lopez could still be on the board at number six and that would stack the NJ's lineup

Harris/Williams
Carter
Jefferson
Zach
Brooke Lopez
Only problem is that there may not be enough shots to go around on this team.

Did yall also hear that Bayless wants to be on the Knicks. Remember the last a Arizona Wildcat was claiming how bad he wanted to be a Knick?

Anyways I like Augistine the most out of anyone left after Beasly Rose and Mayo. He just seems like he going to be a sound NBA player, maybe not a franchise player but TJ Ford Andre Miller type.

I must propose this package again
Zach Jamal Chandler for Wally Z, Pavlovic, Damon Jones. We draft Bayless who is almost an exact replica of Crawford, but with a better Shot.

Marbs/Nate
Mayo,Bayless,or Gordon/Wally Z
Q/ Balkman
Lee/Balkman
Curry/Lee

Competetive team that is fun to watch with major cap room after next season.

Paul1355

All Star
why dont u include wilson chandler, he's a lot better than balkman

Mikelee has a point Chandler was the one that showed potential at the end of the season if anyone has read my posts they know i dont like balkman the only thing id change with that trade is keep Chandler and trade Balkman... but realistically the Nets might want these picks evengthough they need a PF (Randolph) but good idea with the trade just one adjustment