Everyone wants to play for the Knicks

metrocard

Legend
The team struggling the most to get players into workouts is the Memphis Grizzlies. Two league sources said that the team is having a hard time getting the top prospects in the draft to agree to individual workouts.

The Grizzlies look like a young team on the rise ? so what's the issue?

"Some of it is geography," according to one source. "A lot of players would prefer to go to New York or LA at six or seven than to a city like Memphis, Minneapolis or Oklahoma City. That's part of it. And part of it is just prestige of certain teams. Everyone wants to play for the Knicks. Very few kids grow up dreaming of playing for the Grizzlies."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft...umnist=ford_chad&page=Orlandodraftnotes080530

NYKnicks15

Starter
which means crap haha. now if they were speaking of say shawn marion or dwayne wade or lebron thatd mean something but sadly all this means is.. well nothing. we will probably trade the 6th pick once we realize the first two picks are all that matters. also once minnesota takes OJ at 3. i only really see us keeping the pick unless we somehow get beasley or rose (not gonna happen) or OJ Mayo.

Akamu

The King
It's all about the fan base, we got a lot of support for the Knicks...even when they suck people will still watch them. Going to a place like Memphis will land you a small fan base, who wants to play in the NBA and be known by 10 people? They would sell your jersey on clearance-

metrocard

Legend
It's all about the fan base, we got a lot of support for the Knicks...even when they suck people will still watch them. Going to a place like Memphis will land you a small fan base, who wants to play in the NBA and be known by 10 people? They would sell your jersey on clearance-

Welcome to the forum fellow Dominirican brother.

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
Thats why I laugh when people come on and rip Walsh and Dantoni,A couple of months ago players would rather play in Alaska than play for the Knicks and Isiah,It all starts with RESPECT and at least now we have a little.We need to start slow but at least were starting somewhere and not moving backwards.And on a diffrent and very sad note my prayers go out to my two union Brothers from local 14 and 731 may God bless them and there families.

Akamu

The King
Dominirican in this b!tch, nice to be welcomed! I been reading this forum for a bit now, been too lazy to sign up. I give you rep for the fight against Isiah Tomas and the Isiahsexuals! LOL !

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
Dominirican in this b!tch, nice to be welcomed! I been reading this forum for a bit now, been too lazy to sign up. I give you rep for the fight against Isiah Tomas and the Isiahsexuals! LOL !
hell yeah dominicans baby k viva republica dominicana

Paul1355

All Star
i agree a guy that has all star ability will want to go to the spotlight and to get it is an LA or NY. we all saw Pau Gasol waste his career in Memphis then he comes to the Lakers and he's known throughout the country...I know it's a dif situation with Kobe and Odom being on the team but teams with high prestige attract better players just like in college basketball. ALso look at Kevin Garnett completely wasted his career with the T'Wolves who went no where with him and he goes to Boston with Pierce an Allen and a presitge team he happier than ever and in a championship and on every commericial since the beginning of the season. Locations and teams makes a big difference especialy on a player who desires the spotlight and is a leader like a Lebron James and this is why I think Lebron might pack his bags after his contract because he seems to me like a player that would want to play for a higher prestigous team like a NY possibly but thats just my opinion.

jzero29

Rotation player
The NY appeal

A lot of agents want there players to go to a place like NY, becoming a star in NY is amazing experience. Look at david lee, he's a good young player, that is treated like a superstar anywhere he goes, because he plays in NY. Happens to be one of the few bright spots on a terrible team. It has a little to do with the fans, you can go aywhere and there will be someone who used to live in NY around. And if they were a basketball fan they'd be a knick fan. The other thing is, if you are a stud, your marketablility is big in NY. It's just that right now the knicks have the stigma of being a sinking franchise around the NBA that keeps established stars, besides artest and Marbury(both a little nuts), from wanting to play here.