O/T: Wu Chess

Starks

Starter
So Rza's latest Wu Tang project launched today. I was excited about this, but I didn't know it cost $50 to join...

Any of you going to join? I know theres alot of Wu heads on this board.

Let me know

pat

Starter
nah. I don't think I will join. I tried the whole chess thing once because of the Wu and Fresh, of course, but I can't say that I got into it.

Also there are plenty of free online chess communities on the web.

Starks

Starter
I'm such a fan of Rza I'm willing to follow him through a lot.

I started get back into chess to help me handle my job. It really does work wonders for the mind.

pat

Starter
I'm such a fan of Rza I'm willing to follow him through a lot.

Me too. I loved sunshower and everything. But lately I didn't have the impression that the Wu were on the rise.

I had a quick look into the book RZA wrote and -- what can I say -- to me it looked like a desperate attempt to get some more money out of past Wu-Tang fame.

I started get back into chess to help me handle my job. It really does work wonders for the mind.

Generally, I really don't have problems with analytical thinking. It is just too much cognitive effort for a board game. It is not only chess but also checkers, nine men's morris, backgammon. It simply isn't my cup of tea.
However, if it gets a few internet-kids to use their minds a little it is a good thing, I guess.

Where did you find that it costs fifty bucks? I checked the terms and conditions and couldn't find anything.