Houston

jpz17

Starter
There is a slight chance Allan Houston could come back.. He tried last year, but he didn't like Isiah ........D'Antoni is the coach now.. Maybe he could come back? Also Jeff Van Gundy said on a interview with SNY that Houston would prob. later become a coach.. He also said he could be a great ast. Any thoughts or news?

Last edited:

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
I was at the Knicks' first preseason game at Boston (and boy was that a signal of things to come) and Houston played about 8-10 minutes...
He may still be a good shooter (yes, he used to be a great shooter)....but on that night in Boston he couldn't have guarded me (and I was sitting with my three year old in my lap and a beer in my hand).

Let's hope that if he wants to coach he gets the opportuity and I am sure he would be great...but we won't see him back on the court.

Paul1355

All Star
There is a slight chance Allan Houston could come back.. He tried last year, but he didn't like Isiah ........D'Antoni is the coach now.. Maybe he could come back? Also Jeff Van Gundy said on a interview with SNY that Houston would prob. later become a coach.. He also said he could be a great ast. Any thoughts or news?

when houston was healthy he was an allstar SG but that was years ago and he had to retire because of a knee that always got messed up and knees can always get messed up again...Houston is fragile prob one of the most fragile players if he came back...i like his shot he always had one but there's a better chance that he'd be too rusty and too injury prone than to come back and pull an Antonio Mcdyss move were u always get hurt then become decent again and become a starter. I don't know how old he is but do you think the knicks need another possible jerome james on this team? keep fred jones as a backup were in rebuilding mode not "raising the dead" mode

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
Houston was great back in the day,And he had more class than anyone on this team.And honestly his shot against Miami was in my top five moments as a Knick fan.But lets keep to a plan and rebuild I want to just go forward and not look back,The past 8 years have been hard enough.