KNicks in the mix for artest and can the knicks catch Beasley?

metrocard

Legend
Great news...make it happened Walsh. Artest belongs in NY. He doesn't have to be an angel to be loved by the fans, we appreciate effort, passion and great defense. Come home Ron.

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
i wanna see what the other guys have to say if we can get rid of curry in a package deal involving nate and lee or balkman and an expiring contract like rose we might sway riley to give us that pick and we'd be set for atleast 7-10 years because mayo looks like he already wooed wade and possibly riley , hopefully there wasn't any bad blood with rileys departure from new york when he was coaching... i'm loving the artest article because we can buyout that shit Q-rich contract all he's done since hes been here was start fights and makes excuses. jeffries or blakman can be a solid back up

Id bust a nut if Artest became a Knick. He would bring alot of intangibles this team badly needs like defense, toughness, not one dimensional, etc. But we've been going after him every year since isiah was here and havent been able to cop him. But now with Donnie Walsh running things Im not so sure he'll be a Knick anymore. After all Donnie is the one who let Artest be traded from the pacers to the Kings. Hopefully Walsh realizes this would be a good fit and acquires him.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Id bust a nut if Artest became a Knick. He would bring alot of intangibles this team badly needs like defense, toughness, not one dimensional, etc. But we've been going after him every year since isiah was here and havent been able to cop him. But now with Donnie Walsh running things Im not so sure he'll be a Knick anymore. After all Donnie is the one who let Artest be traded from the pacers to the Kings. Hopefully Walsh realizes this would be a good fit and acquires him.

this is new york and not indiana there was too much shit happening there he probably wanted a new light you ... whatever the case is he wants to be in a knick uniform .. im sure he had one growing up ... lol but that back then was a different issue my friend totally different issue soo we have to hope ,
by any chance does anyone know when draft night is?

Ron Artest would be a valued addition to the New York Knicks. He would be of great value to this team when playing against other small forwards. There are many talented small forwards in the eastern conference. Caron Butler, Paul Pierce, Lebron James, Danny Granger, Andre Igoudala, Richard Jefferson, Luol Deng, Shawn Marion, and Luol Deng are all difficult players to stop. It is good to have a capable defender at the small forward position. We can not forget that Ron Artest is good on offense. If necessary he can average 20 points a game and contribute rebounding.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
This is old news. Artest has made no indication that he was willing to opt-out of his contract and take less money to come to NY. It's not like he'll have a shot at a championship. Don't get your hopes up too high. Artest is much more likely to go to Denver.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Perhaps in a sign and trade. I think the Kings would want Nate in the deal and perhaps package Kenny Thomas.

A deal like Randolph and Nate for Artest and Thomas. Salaries are very close and they will have the money to resign Nate.

Would this trade work??

moneyg

Starter
This is old news. Artest has made no indication that he was willing to opt-out of his contract and take less money to come to NY. It's not like he'll have a shot at a championship. Don't get your hopes up too high. Artest is much more likely to go to Denver.

he just recently has said that he plays for the luv of the game not money so i think if we can give him the mid level starting at 5.5 million for 5 years with the last year reaching about 7 mil.. he'd take it. its guaranteed money. if he has another falling out or is injured that 7.4 million would be his last check..

bring artest home
:smokin:

Akamu

The King
NY Edge: He was born here, wants to represent, big market team, and like someone else mentioned I'm sure he dreamed about playing here. If we get Artest I will watch almost every game just to see what he does Lol, Artest is the NBA gangsta, but at the same time is a good player at both ends of the court, no doubt in his ability to create a huge impact on our team for the better.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Donnie Walsh & D'Antoni are in desperate need of a player like Ron Artest to bring Leadership to this Knick Team to start Walsh & D'Antoni's first Knick full-season off successfully.

Too bad! that Ron Artest dont want to have anything to do with Donnie Walsh again, unless their is a $60 million 5 year contract included.
Walsh knows it will cost him bigtime $$$ to get Ron Artest to play for him again.

Hint:
Ron Artest, his agent, and Fans seen that Artest performance before making the All-Star Team was worth over $10 million per, he have no offcourt problems however, on the court for the sake of a WIN Artest can become "crazy & derange" towards opositions (Rodman & Sprewell), plus act the fool in the lockerroom & practice towards lazy teammates that keep messing up their assignment play.

Artest leadership is priceless on the court when helping teammates against oponents.

The Pacers Walsh, Bird, and Carlisle had no intentions of ever extending Ron Artest contract after he got the team playing on the next level by showing his true emotion over a loss to the Sprewell & Houston Knicks by kicking a monitor over after the game (Kurt Thomas shut J.O'Neal down and Pacer coach Isiah Thomas accepted it, but Artest did'nt. From that momment on Artest gave a huge helping hand at guarding opositions PF- Kurt, K-Mart, Ben, Duncan, Webber, KG, ect.).

President Walsh & Bird let the media and Stern make a mockery of tearing up Ron Artest character in the Detroit Brawl as if Artest actions were not normal in that situation.

Artest did the right thing by cleaning up his act by playing in the Summer League Games guiding the rookies and starting the Pacers regular season off with a 60% Winning record.
Than demanded a trade to get away from snakes that dont have your back...

GetRealistic

Starter
Donnie Walsh & D'Antoni are in desperate need of a player like Ron Artest to bring Leadership to this Knick Team to start Walsh & D'Antoni's first Knick full-season off successfully.

Too bad! that Ron Artest dont want to have anything to do with Donnie Walsh again, unless their is a $60 million 5 year contract included.
Walsh knows it will cost him bigtime $$$ to get Ron Artest to play for him again.

Hint:
Ron Artest, his agent, and Fans seen that Artest performance before making the All-Star Team was worth over $10 million per, he have no offcourt problems however, on the court for the sake of a WIN Artest can become "crazy & derange" towards opositions (Rodman & Sprewell), plus act the fool in the lockerroom & practice towards lazy teammates that keep messing up their assignment play.

Artest leadership is priceless on the court when helping teammates against oponents.

The Pacers Walsh, Bird, and Carlisle had no intentions of ever extending Ron Artest contract after he got the team playing on the next level by showing his true emotion over a loss to the Sprewell & Houston Knicks by kicking a monitor over after the game (Kurt Thomas shut J.O'Neal down and Pacer coach Isiah Thomas accepted it, but Artest did'nt. From that momment on Artest gave a huge helping hand at guarding opositions PF- Kurt, K-Mart, Ben, Duncan, Webber, KG, ect.).

President Walsh & Bird let the media and Stern make a mockery of tearing up Ron Artest character in the Detroit Brawl as if Artest actions were not normal in that situation.

Artest did the right thing by cleaning up his act by playing in the Summer League Games guiding the rookies and starting the Pacers regular season off with a 60% Winning record.
Than demanded a trade to get away from snakes that dont have your back...

So its Donnie Walshes fault for trading a guy who started one of the biggest fights in the history of professional basketball, which cost the Pacers (had one of the best records in the NBA at the time) a whole season, not to mention Artest went on Hiatous from the team to promote the CD he was producing. Also the biggest and most important point Artest asked for the trade.

I have absolutely no problem with Artest coming to the Knicks, and i don't think Donnie Walsh would object to it. The sad fact is we have nothing of value that the Kings would want. Possibly a package of Lee and Nate would work but i doubt it. Also despite what Artest says he won't sign for the mid level exception. The guys is getting older and this is his last chance to sign a big contract, and i can't blame the guy for wanting to get his payday.

I'm for Artest coming but i just don't see it happening.

And Kiya i didn't know you were a assistant coach on the Pacers? Saying all this inside information that the Pacers wouldn't extend Artest because of kicking a monitor at MSG? Im pretty sure the fight at the Palace was the final straw not the kicking of a monitor.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I thought Donnie Walsh laughed off the notion of Ron coming to NY in an interveiw with Stephen A Smith?

I would love to see Ron in NY. We could send Malik's contract with Balkman's and Mardy's in a sign and trade. That would mean Ron could make about 11 million per season. The issue is that Sac would probably want to swap picks with us, and this trade can not officially go down until July 1st. So we would have a player on our roster meant for Sac up until then. So let's say we draft Kevin Love for them and the trade fell apart for some reason or another we would be stuck with a third starter worthy PF. But on the positive side they would be in position to draft Augustine or Westbrook for us meaning we get Ron along with one of those players in the trade. I would even consider packaging Nate if they were willing to part with Garcia.

Still the problems lies in trying to move Zach!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I thought Donnie Walsh laughed off the notion of Ron coming to NY in an interveiw with Stephen A Smith?

I would love to see Ron in NY. We could send Malik's contract with Balkman's and Mardy's in a sign and trade. That would mean Ron could make about 11 million per season. The issue is that Sac would probably want to swap picks with us, and this trade can not officially go down until July 1st. So we would have a player on our roster meant for Sac up until then. So let's say we draft Kevin Love for them and the trade fell apart for some reason or another we would be stuck with a third starter worthy PF. But on the positive side they would be in position to draft Augustine or Westbrook for us meaning we get Ron along with one of those players in the trade. I would even consider packaging Nate if they were willing to part with Garcia.

Still the problems lies in trying to move Zach!
Change Malik Rose to Eddy Curry or Jerome James. Why would we want to give the Kings an expiring contract? We should try to hold on to our exipiring contracts. Also, Ron Artest is a small forward. He plays powerforward, on occasion, but his main position is small forward. And why would the Kings want to trade Francisco Garcia for Nate Robinson? Garcia is taller and more versatile than Nate. Also, the Kings said last year that they want David Lee. If we were to get Ron Artest, we would most likely have to trade Eddy Curry and David Lee. I have no problem with trading David Lee, if it also means getting rid of Eddy Curry, but those are the circumstances.

Kiyaman

Legend
And Kiya i didn't know you were a assistant coach on the Pacers? Saying all this inside information that the Pacers wouldn't extend Artest because of kicking a monitor at MSG? Im pretty sure the fight at the Palace was the final straw not the kicking of a monitor.

The season before the brawl, Ron Artest made the All-Star Team and won the Defensive Player of the Year (defending J.O'Neal & Reggie Millers oponents). His agent worked all offseason long trying to get Walsh to extended Artest contract which Walsh refuse. Then a leak from the Pacers Brass office says "Artest asked for some time off in the regular season to promote his RAP Album.". A Leak! bullshit. Rap is accepted by young people but HATED by their parents and the government.
Ron Artest had a private meeting with Walsh & Bird when he asked for that time off (for years alot of Sports Players during their regular seasons promoted personal investments.).
Walsh & Bird made a Joke out of the situation for the media to lower Artest character.
And the Detroit Brawl was just another top 20 Brawls in sports that indicated Fans and sports players. It was maybe close to the top-10, but back in the daze the little smack on the butt that Artest gave to Ben Wallace for beating him in that game, plus beating him out of the defensive players of the year would've been accepted by Fans and players. Remember Detroit started off that season losing because of conflict between Coach Larry Brown vs Billups and Ben Wallace.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i would love for us to get artest lets face it he would be the perfect fit to what the team needs an all-star caliber player and a great player on both sides and someone who won't take to losing and is a good leader....plus that means we would have chandler coming off the bench and thats not a bad thing we'll get depth with this move as well....i say get him by any means

metrocard

Legend
So its Donnie Walshes fault for trading a guy who started one of the biggest fights in the history of professional basketball, which cost the Pacers (had one of the best records in the NBA at the time) a whole season, not to mention Artest went on Hiatous from the team to promote the CD he was producing. Also the biggest and most important point Artest asked for the trade.

I have absolutely no problem with Artest coming to the Knicks, and i don't think Donnie Walsh would object to it. The sad fact is we have nothing of value that the Kings would want. Possibly a package of Lee and Nate would work but i doubt it. Also despite what Artest says he won't sign for the mid level exception. The guys is getting older and this is his last chance to sign a big contract, and i can't blame the guy for wanting to get his payday.

I'm for Artest coming but i just don't see it happening.

Ben Wallace started the fight. Watch the video over again.

metrocard

Legend
It wasn't that serious.
Ben Wallace shouldn't have acted like a little dramatic bitch to get the start started.
Artest didn't provoke anything really. Wallace could of been a man and just let the foul go. If he did that, we woulldnt even be discussing this. Stern and his goonies just want to use Artest as the new Rodman or the NBA or the new bad guy. When in reality, Artest is one of the nicest and coolest guys you could get in the NBA. Anyone who thinks Artest is crazy got some fucked up lives to be hating on a man that much.