Redd?

New New York

Quiet Storm
This rumor may have no validity to it, but it appears that the Knicks are in pursuit of Micheal Redd. Now the rumor states that we would offer Zach Randolph as bait. However, Remember The Bucks GM blocked a trade for Zach with the Bucks giving up less before, no way they part ways with Redd for Zach. Now, I can see them taking Steph for cap purposes. But still we would probably have to give them Nate and for sure swap picks (if not lose the pick completly). The good news is that Augistine would still be on the board, but would The Bucks think moving up two spots would be so valuable? I mean in this draft after Rose,Beasley,and Mayo it really is just a matter of taste so a player projected to go 5 could very well be around for the 8th pick. Anyways the other issue is what do we do with Jamal? Do we package him with Zach in my infamous Cavs trade proposal (Zach Jamal for D.Jones,Wally Z., and Pavlovic)? If so here is our Starting Five if this did go down

Augistine/Mardy
Redd/Wally Z
Q/Wilson
Lee/Balkman
Curry/Lee

A lot more balanced lineup with Redd and Eddy projected to be your scorers. Augistine is your floor general, Q and Lee provide Def. and Rebs. and hit shots when called upon. Wilson comes off the bench this season, but will slide into the starting five next year (Q's last as a Knick likely). Balkman brings the energy and Wally is a nice backup SG for Redd. This lineup wins about 39 games and has a shot at the playoffs.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'm not interested in Michael Redd, anyways. He's definitely one of the top ten shooting guards in the NBA, but he has a long history of losing. It's not entirely his fault, but the Knicks already have a lot of players who played well for losing teams. If the Knicks are going to make a big move, they should go for someone that has a history of winning. Plus, Redd is a shooting guard. The Knicks already have Jamal Crawford, so it doesn't make sense to trade for a shooting guard, if you're the Knicks. Now, if the Bucks want Crawford for Redd, I would do it. But I doubt that they're interested in Crawford, when Redd is a more proven player than Crawford.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I'm not interested in Michael Redd, anyways. He's definitely one of the top ten shooting guards in the NBA, but he has a long history of losing. It's not entirely his fault, but the Knicks already have a lot of players who played well for losing teams. If the Knicks are going to make a big move, they should go for someone that has a history of winning. Plus, Redd is a shooting guard. The Knicks already have Jamal Crawford, so it doesn't make sense to trade for a shooting guard, if you're the Knicks. Now, if the Bucks want Crawford for Redd, I would do it. But I doubt that they're interested in Crawford, when Redd is a more proven player than Crawford.

not only that but redd also is injury prone it seems to me like every year he misses a big part of the season injured...bothered by his knee etc. so i don't think its a good idea to pursue him..instead we should draft mayo..D.J or Westbrook and trade randolph for a big or good role players/starters

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
not only that but redd also is injury prone it seems to me like every year he misses a big part of the season injured...bothered by his knee etc. so i don't think its a good idea to pursue him..instead we should draft mayo..D.J or Westbrook and trade randolph for a big or good role players/starters
Another person I think would make a good pick is Brook Lopez, but the Timberwolves are likely to take him.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^^ im not that high on him i'd much rather have D.J or Westbrook and assuming the timberwolves select Lopez then we most likely could land Mayo:crossfingers: or we could swap picks wit the Grizzlies just to be sure we land him.....and for the record im not high on Lopez at all he isn't as good as he's made out to be imo

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
^^ im not that high on him i'd much rather have D.J or Westbrook and assuming the timberwolves select Lopez then we most likely could land Mayo:crossfingers: or we could swap picks wit the Grizzlies just to be sure we land him.....and for the record im not high on Lopez at all he isn't as good as he's made out to be imo
Yeah, but the Knicks need center. Eddy Curry, Jerome James, and Randolph Morris all suck. Even if Brook Lopez doesn't meet expectations, if he can rebound and defend, that'll be enough for the Knicks. I agree that Mayo would be the better pick, though.

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer

You couldnt be more right about this,Start bringing in some players that have an idea of how to win

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
even if Mayo is off the board ill still rather have D.J or Westbrook we HAVE to draft one of those players they are playmakers and will impact a team right away....Westbrook will need more time than Mayo and D.J but he will be a very good player...and we won't be serious contenders next year so theres no rush

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont want michael redd on this team. Hes nice with it offensivly but hes one of the worst defenders in the league. Hes jamal crawford status when it comes to D'in up. Monta ellis is a better defender then both of them but we should also stay away from him. The problem with the current knicks team is theres not many players who can do more then one thing. You got the starting lineup with the players who are supposed to score and then you got the players who are supposed to defend coming off the bench like jeffries, malik rose, fred jones, and balkman. The knicks need more players who are 2 way like a bisexual no homo. What im sayin is we need players who can defend and score. Right now the only player on the team that has shown he can do both is Coney Islands very own Stephon Starbury Marbury and maybe wilson chandler. Players like Stephen jackson who have provin they can win and are willing to play some defense, thats what we need. The best example is Ron Artest, a player who can average about 20 points a game and shut down his opponent. Thats the direction I wanna see the knicks head in.

Kiyaman

Legend
Another person I think would make a good pick is Brook Lopez, but the Timberwolves are likely to take him.

I see Keven Mchale taking no chances in this draft but to select the best player with the 3rd pick which will be OJ Mayo.
Now if Walsh could talk that talk and releave the Knicks of Bum Crawful and the 6th pick to the Wolves for OJ Mayo, than the Knicks would be heading in the right direction, and Keven Mchale could get NBA ready Joe Alexander who has showed he has all the tools for competition with SG-Crawford, SF-Alexader, and PF-Jefferson.

Kiyaman

Legend
I dont understand the Bucks.
PG-TJ Ford worked so well with SG-Redd in the backcourt and rookie C-Bogut to make the Bucks into a .500 season team.

The Bucks should be doing everything in their power to get PG-TJ Ford back on their roster to establish the role lineup of SG-Redd, SF-Yi, SF/PF-Villl, PF-Ruffin, and C-Bogut. They have Mason, Simmons, and Mo comming off the bench for needed help.

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
i will like him as a knicks and for sure ill do that trade for zach and imagine if we get oj mayo ill trade q rich or crawfor packing balkman and collins for villanueva that we be a deal look at this squad and look if it go downs with q rich that will be a dream come true

marbury/nate
oj mayo/crawford
redd/wilson chandler
villanueva/lee/rose
curry/morris our u know could swith up with lee and but rose

and trust me the will trade villanueva because the got the Yi Jianlian and they crazy about that guy

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i say we should stay away from Redd although he is a very good player but he has never been a proven winner and he is injury prone so forget him

Paul1355

All Star
This rumor may have no validity to it, but it appears that the Knicks are in pursuit of Micheal Redd. Now the rumor states that we would offer Zach Randolph as bait. However, Remember The Bucks GM blocked a trade for Zach with the Bucks giving up less before, no way they part ways with Redd for Zach. Now, I can see them taking Steph for cap purposes. But still we would probably have to give them Nate and for sure swap picks (if not lose the pick completly). The good news is that Augistine would still be on the board, but would The Bucks think moving up two spots would be so valuable? I mean in this draft after Rose,Beasley,and Mayo it really is just a matter of taste so a player projected to go 5 could very well be around for the 8th pick. Anyways the other issue is what do we do with Jamal? Do we package him with Zach in my infamous Cavs trade proposal (Zach Jamal for D.Jones,Wally Z., and Pavlovic)? If so here is our Starting Five if this did go down

Augistine/Mardy
Redd/Wally Z
Q/Wilson
Lee/Balkman
Curry/Lee

A lot more balanced lineup with Redd and Eddy projected to be your scorers. Augistine is your floor general, Q and Lee provide Def. and Rebs. and hit shots when called upon. Wilson comes off the bench this season, but will slide into the starting five next year (Q's last as a Knick likely). Balkman brings the energy and Wally is a nice backup SG for Redd. This lineup wins about 39 games and has a shot at the playoffs.

I like this guy redd he cant miss a shot but he's not known for defense and his contract is ENORMOUS if we want to free up that cap space by 20210 then redd isnt the answer, he cost too much. And we have to trade Zach if the bucks dont want him then, theres no point in this discussion.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Redd just doesn't fit what we need in a player i think he'll better fit for Cleveland cause he won't have much of the scoring on his shoulders so lets just forget Redd and go another direction we just gotta be patient and see how the draft plays out then we'll know who we should go after.....Randolph could be traded on draft day who knows? patients is key with us right now

A lot of the bloom has come off of the Michael Redd rose this past season. He not only killed his coach but also played extremely selfish. Throw in the contract as well as the age and there is no way I want that guy on the team.