PDA

View Full Version : Mayo trade for Love

dre48ny
Jun 27, 2008, 00:42
Report: Wolves, Grizz agree on Mayo-Love deal

<!-- // Writer Attribution// --><!-- Meta Tag For Search --><!-- meta name="author" content=""--><!-- meta name="source" content="Associated Press"--><!-- meta name="eventId" content=""--><!-- meta name="contentTypeCode" content="1"--><!-- meta name="editorContentCode" content="1"--><!-- meta name="blurb" content=""--><!-- meta name="modDate" content="June 27, 2008 05:21:30 GMT"-->

<!-- // Story Tools // --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>addthis_pub = 'foxSports';</SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/152/addthis_widget.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>Updated: June 27, 2008, 12:21 AM EST
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> //document.getElementById('number_of_comments').inne rHTML = commentCount+" Comments"; </SCRIPT><!-- // Story Content // --><SCRIPT> if(fanid.length > 0 && typeof(nflDefaultLeague)!= "undefined") { leagueId = nflDefaultLeague; //find teamId of default league (if exists) for(var i=0; i < teamsInfo.length; i++){ if(teamsInfo[i][4] == leagueId){ defaultTeamId = teamsInfo[i][0]; } } var fantasyLeaguePlayerJsPath = 'http://msn.foxsports.com' + '/nugget/200002_' + leagueId + '|||' + fanid; } </SCRIPT>MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - The Minnesota Timberwolves have traded No. 3 pick O.J. Mayo to the Memphis Grizzlies for Kevin Love in an eight-player, late-night blockbuster after the NBA draft concluded.

A person with knowledge of the deal confirmed it to The Associated Press, speaking on the condition on anonymity because the trade had yet to be officially announced. The Timberwolves also received shooter Mike Miller and retreads Brian Cardinal and Jason Collins from Memphis in exchange the draft rights to Mayo, forward Antoine Walker and guards Marko Jaric and Greg Buckner.

dre48ny
Jun 27, 2008, 00:43
Damn that is a shocker!! The Knicks had no one the wolves were interested in I guess!!!

metrocard
Jun 27, 2008, 00:44
This breaks my heart.

dre48ny
Jun 27, 2008, 00:45
I feel your pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUNIOR MINT
Jun 27, 2008, 01:55
****in breaks my heart also man, we should have tried and proposed a trade to them, maybe trading away, Lee, Curry and maybe somebody else for Mayo & Mark Madsen...smh, gets me mad knowing that was a possibility of having Mayo

Paul1355
Jun 27, 2008, 02:22
Someone tell me why the T'Wolves feel they need a PF when they have Al Jefferson...Jefferson would play best at PF not a C. Having Mayo gurantees more fluid play with a talented big and little man. I think Memphis really played their cards good even though Love was a need and Memphis does need a PF. I think both teams should have just kept each guy it would have made the most sense. Maybe Mayo and Gay would be better than Gay and Love...i know whats with last names lately? hah but honestly kevin mchale has to make a move for a smaller guy and trading mayo was just flat out dumb if they're not pursuing a guard.

KologeroBx
Jun 27, 2008, 02:24
Terrible Trade For Minny In My Opinion

I Wish We Would Have Made Some Offers.

dre48ny
Jun 27, 2008, 08:06
Someone tell me why the T'Wolves feel they need a PF when they have Al Jefferson...Jefferson would play best at PF not a C. Having Mayo gurantees more fluid play with a talented big and little man. I think Memphis really played their cards good even though Love was a need and Memphis does need a PF. I think both teams should have just kept each guy it would have made the most sense. Maybe Mayo and Gay would be better than Gay and Love...i know whats with last names lately? hah but honestly kevin mchale has to make a move for a smaller guy and trading mayo was just flat out dumb if they're not pursuing a guard.

I guess memphis didn't want Gay Love

GoKnIcKsDLEE42
Jun 27, 2008, 08:24
ahahah i thought of that when love was drafted.

Trin_Starr
Jun 27, 2008, 08:47
David Lee cost us mayo.
Had he not told memphis he would leave as soon as he became a FA - we would have gotten the #5 pick, drafted love and then we could of traded him to Minny for Mayo.
The reason why Minny took Mayo and not Love at 3 was so that they could get back more in return thru a trade.

I love ur hustle D.Lee - but f#ck you on this one.

jpz17
Jun 27, 2008, 08:56
this belongs in the nba section not the knicks

metrocard
Jun 27, 2008, 09:02
David Lee cost us mayo.
Had he not told memphis he would leave as soon as he became a FA - we would have gotten the #5 pick, drafted love and then we could of traded him to Minny for Mayo.
The reason why Minny took Mayo and not Love at 3 was so that they could get back more in return thru a trade.

I feel you on this.

We could of had two basketball players with high basketball IQ and and a lot of all star potential.

Mayo/Gallinari would be a lot similar to Allen/Pierce.

jpz17
Jun 27, 2008, 09:08
I feel you on this.

We could of had two basketball players with high basketball IQ and and a lot of all star potential.

Mayo/Gallinari would be a lot similar to Allen/Pierce.

No way, they are both allstars (possibly hof, well for allen), Gallinari and Mayo are rookie

metrocard
Jun 27, 2008, 09:11
No way, they are both allstars (possibly hof, well for allen), Gallinari and Mayo are rookie

Guy, I said styles(shooter with the slasher), I'm not saying Gallinari and Mayo will be all stars right away.

jpz17
Jun 27, 2008, 09:14
well than explain more, don't just make a crazy comparission

metrocard
Jun 27, 2008, 09:16
well than explain more, don't just make a crazy comparission

....is this kid serious?

lanceroy
Jun 27, 2008, 10:01
The draft (as expected) was already so disappointing when we picked Gallinari. I was still hopeful for a trade later on (not exactly on draft day) where we would acquire Mayo or another bigtime young player (not necessarily a rookie), and then here came the trade! What the hell?!!! I had such a bad day already and this draft day made it even worse. I even pity Mayo for ending up in Memphis. Wow! Memphis??? He's definitely gonna have an exciting career for that team! Great market! Great city! LOL! I just can't believe Memphis outperformed us in this trade.

I hope this Gallinari guy proves me wrong and becomes a perfect fit fo D'Antoni's system. I'm still hoping for a trade to happen in the next few months.

MSGKnickz33
Jun 27, 2008, 10:08
lmao @ kevin McFail failing once again. The piece of sh!t x-celtic ****ed up once again :lol:

Hes givin isiah a run for his money :lol:

**** David Lee lets trade his b!tch ass

lanceroy
Jun 27, 2008, 10:09
David Lee cost us mayo.

Really? I didn't know that. Damn! What the hell! David Lee thinks he's so desirable and wanted. He probably thinks he'll command a high salary by the time he goes FA. Jeez! If he averages less than a double double (10 and 12) this season, he officially sucks!

....is this kid serious?

LOL! Take it easy on the kid metro.

umynot
Jun 27, 2008, 10:53
All people close to Walsh say he offered Minny anything they wanted for Mayo but ass licking Mchale wanted nothing to do with it!

Cant see Mayo wanting to play in Memphis maybe we can offer them something they might like!!

Hayato
Jun 27, 2008, 11:05
As much as i would have liked to snag mayo, we just gotta deal with what we have :gony:

Hayato
Jun 27, 2008, 11:07
im just hopin we can lose curry and/or randolph. a trade to sacremento for patrick ewing jr doesnt look too bad!!

TunerAddict
Jun 27, 2008, 15:30
I think this is a great trade for both teams.

Minny gets KEvin Love, who McFail has been beating it to for a while, plus they get the underrated Mike Miller. Its a good deal for mike miller alone, getting proven talent over expected talent.

Its great for Memphis because they get Mayo, dump Cardinal, and now Rudy Gay has his sidekick in Mayo. Its pretty much Jordan/Pippen v.2 except I can't figure out which on is the alpha male that ****s the other guy in the ass. I guess the tabloids will point it out to us.

metrocard
Jun 28, 2008, 09:56
Conley(top 5 pick)
Mayo(top 3 3pick)
Gay(top 5 pick)
Arthur(projected top 10)
Milicic(top 2 pick)

Memphis has a lot of young talent now, thats how you build a team.

Minnesota lost.

Paul1355
Jun 28, 2008, 23:31

hah good point

Paul1355
Jun 28, 2008, 23:35
I think this is a great trade for both teams.

Minny gets KEvin Love, who McFail has been beating it to for a while, plus they get the underrated Mike Miller. Its a good deal for mike miller alone, getting proven talent over expected talent.

Its great for Memphis because they get Mayo, dump Cardinal, and now Rudy Gay has his sidekick in Mayo. Its pretty much Jordan/Pippen v.2 except I can't figure out which on is the alpha male that ****s the other guy in the ass. I guess the tabloids will point it out to us.

love is good, but for a team that doesn't have a good PF and Al Jefferson is a guy you can build a team around and getting a guy to make jefferson go to the 5 spot will mess up his game a little and mightmake it harder offensively for him to produce.Having a threat from the guard and forward spot is huge when comparing two forward spots with a 5 thatwill be better at a 4. I feel that getting Miller was good but giving up Mayo was foolish.