Very Interesting Knicks Fan Must Read

stevie

Benchwarmer
Just read this on theknicksblog.com my fingers are crossed...

ESPN?s Marc Stein had a note the today, that could have major ramifications on the Knicks regarding the situation in Chicago regarding Kirk Hinrich.
It is widely presumed that Chicago will soon trade guard Kirk Hinrich now that the Bulls have drafted Derrick Rose with the No. 1 overall pick, with Golden State likewise assumed to be atop the list of Hinrich suitors given the void created in the Warriors? backcourt by Davis? departure. But NBA front-office sources insist that there is some sentiment in the Bulls? organization to keep Hinrich ? a favorite of Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf ? and play him at shooting guard alongside Rose while trying to move restricted free agent Ben Gordon in a sign-and-trade to fill another Chicago need.
No, this isn?t about bringing Gordon to NY.
Should Chicago decide to keep Hinrich, it would signify their lack of interest in trading for Golden State?s Al Harrington who is looking to shop their forward for help at point guard. Now, with Golden State in the midst of trying to replenish their roster, they have their sites, as we know, on Elton Brand, whom we?d be shocked if he left LA. Plus, with the Monta Ellis situation unresolved, Chris Mullin owes it to his fan base, which has grown over the past few years, to put a solid product on the floor.
They?ve mentioned going after such FA?s as Josh Smith, Andre Iguadala, (whom Philly has no intention of letting go as they prepare to make a run at Smith as well ), and Luol Deng.
The gist being, there?s a chance here that the Warriors can whiff big time, and have to resort to plan C, which may involve a phone call from Mullin to buddy Donnie Walsh.
Harrington is the prize here, considering Monta Ellis will like get his paycheck from the Warriors or another team, meaning that his desire to play in NY won?t have an effect on his trade destination. Harrington is the perfect big man in D?Antoni?s system, and is eligible for free agency before 2010.
Should Ellis leave, Jamal Crawford may entice Don Nelson, in his wide open, guard-friendly offense, and the team would need to add a post player, with Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph and David Lee as options.
I would only trade Randolph for Harrington, since I don?t think Mullin in his right mind would want Curry, and if they did give up Lee, I?d ask for Brandan Wright in return.
Who knows what the next step is, but Knick fans should keep an eye on the Warriors situation as it may have instant impact on what Donnie Walsh?s next move will be.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
We should try and i mean REALLY try to get Monta Ellis this team and offense is the perfect fit for him and besides he's only 22 he;s the star player we need to build around he's already at an allstar level and he could be a superstar one day and put the right complimentary pieces around him and we got ourselves a contender with Gallo and Chandler( gonna be a beast )