Shopping Crawford. The Don's plan to fix the Knicks take 1.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
According to the NY Post, if you can believe them, The Knicks are shopping Crawford. http://www.nypost.com/seven/07082008/sports/knicks/steph_making_his_point_118998.htm

The Objective: As we all know it is to get well under the cap by the 2010/11 season. Trading Randolph and Crawford for expiring contracts and picks will potentially get us under the cap one year early. Here's the plan.

Marbury can't lead us to the promise land as a point guard, but he can still score his ass off. Why not take off the leash? Move Marbury to the two, that will please the ballcleaners of this site, trade Crawford for E.Snow, who's contract expires this season. Walsh should then badger Chicago for Gordon and Gooden. Maybe throw in Balkman to sweeten the pot. That gives us a nice squad plus Gordon will serve us as an insurance policy for Marbury if he acts up.

Duhon
Marbury/Gordon
Gallinari
Gooden
Curry

Another option would be to shop Randolph to Golden state but we'd have to take back more salary then the above trade. Randolph for Foyle and Andris Biedrins and a pick.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'm from New York, and the New York Post is one of the most full of s#!t newspapers I've ever read. Until the Daily News and the New York Times post it, I don't believe it.

If the Knicks really are trying to trade Crawford, they need to get some expiring contracts and some draft picks. Crawford's 20 and 5 makes him a valuable trading piece, so the Knicks can't settle for less.

portega1968

El Cacique
Biedrins would be very nice in the middle, but no way in hell we're getting him for Randolph.

I was hoping Randolph could be sent to Phila for Reggie Evans, as well as Curry and Marbury to Miami for Matrix and other expiring junk.

metrocard

Legend
Marbury can't play SG.

But this is a deal in the positive direction, I like how your thinking(finally after years of Isiahsexuality).

mrkyll

Rookie
Between the three "losers" (Crawford, Zach, Curry), Zach draws the most interest. It's hard for me to believe that anyone really wants Crawford or Curry. They're both one-dimensional, undisciplined, inconsistant, players who don't have a clue about playing winning basketball. Zach's not much better in terms of being a winner, but his rebounding and low-post scoring makes him a little more attractive than the other two.

metrocard

Legend
Between the three "losers" (Crawford, Zach, Curry), Zach draws the most interest. It's hard for me to believe that anyone really wants Crawford or Curry. They're both one-dimensional, undisciplined, inconsistant, players who don't have a clue about playing winning basketball. Zach's not much better in terms of being a winner, but his rebounding and low-post scoring makes him a little more attractive than the other two.

Welcome to the forum.
This is really a great debut post.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Gooden is horrible. Why would we help Cleveland by giving them Zach? I think if Zach had come here and we had a legitimate alpha male ala Kobe or Lebron D Wade, he would've happily accepted a support role. However, when the so called best player Marbury abandons ship in LA, then thinks it's cool to come back when he wants, it understandable why Zach thought he could try to lead. Cause it's obvious Marbury can't.

Paul1355

All Star
If we get rid of Crawford we got a problem...first off the SG spot is not guranteed wit Steph and no back up...we lose a scorer that is said to possibly thrive in D'Antoni's system...(shoot under 7 seconds rule) Crawford would love that. We still didn't fill our need of a Center which is more important then anything now...WE DONT need another PG or SF if we trade Zach then Lee can start and we can shop for another PF.

Toons

is the Bo$$
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YQGgJzzUdQA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YQGgJzzUdQA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QevmYEv-PVQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QevmYEv-PVQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kBDAKWM26dw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kBDAKWM26dw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QSgjgyCKduE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QSgjgyCKduE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

just for entertainment....vids not meant to spark arguements n shit....vids of my fav knick....plays with heart every night...JC

Toons

is the Bo$$
did u watch any of the videos? look at the shot clock, he recieves the ball late in the shot clock....also look at his passes....crawford is one of few players on the kniocks that can create his own shot....besides marbury, name 1 player on our roster that can....

clumsy

Rotation player
No but i've been watching him for 3 years. Too many times he tries to beat his man one on one. He's too streaky for my liking. Too soft on D for his size (he's good sized SG) and athleticism.

You are right that only him and marbury can create their own shot tho

Kiyaman

Legend
The videos is nice to use to trading these players off the Knicks.
Crawford slash to the basket once every 5 games.
I dont know how long Crawford & Curry been playing on the same team together in the NBA, but Crawford was the man incharge of the Knicks offense in the 2007-8 season recieving 40 mpg (in 80 games) and his performance did not help C-Eddy Curry performance at all in that season.

The impact move and trade was supposed to be on Draft night.
The Knicks not putting their selfish players like bum-Crawford, Stat-Zach, and Lazy-Curry names up for grabs to be traded on draft night will be the reason for a poor offseason plan.

Within the next three weeks in July we will watch some powerful changes of trades being made by NBA teams while the Knicks just "Stand Still" making no trade moves at all.

If we get rid of Crawford we got a problem...first off the SG spot is not guranteed wit Steph and no back up...we lose a scorer that is said to possibly thrive in D'Antoni's system...(shoot under 7 seconds rule) Crawford would love that. We still didn't fill our need of a Center which is more important then anything now...WE DONT need another PG or SF if we trade Zach then Lee can start and we can shop for another PF.

The illusion of Crawford fitting into coach D'Antoni's Phoenix seven second uptempo style could be stopped now. Crawford dribbles the ball for 6 to 8 seconds in his NBA career, and when defenders adds pressure to Crawford his decision making is to cross-over and take a jumpshot.

The Knicks need of a Center to replace Curry is the same as their need for a PF to replace Zach Randolph. Both players are Bums on defense and are worthless when they get a defensive rebound having no passing skillz or court awareness of teammates. Both should've been traded after their first season with the Knicks, they are useless Projects that need to much individual training to become team-players.

clumsy

Rotation player
Kiya,

I didn't meant he slashsed, i mean, he brings the ball up. Tries to cross his man and pulls up and chuck a jumpshot. It happens too often.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I think some of you are missing the point. When you're in a rebuilding situation and trying to cut salary you don't expect much in return for your trades. No one is trying to make a playoff run here. Randolph for Szczerbiak and a pick would be a great deal for the Knicks. Why? Because Wally's still got it? No! Because we are trying to cut salary and Wally has an expiring contract this coming season.

The same would apply to Crawford depending on how frugal you want to be. On one had, in Marbury's absence Crawford would be a valued scorer. On the other hand if we really are rebuilding do we want to center the team around Crawford? In any case, frugal or not, Crawford and Marbuy should not be on the same team. One should stay, one should go.

moneyg

Starter
i would not trade crawford for crap. i dont like the crossover jumpshot from him. he is a much better spotting up or taking it all the way to the hole. the one on one stuff really hurts his game. not sure why his coaches let him do it for so long. but he can be real good for us. 2010 is still two years away so we should rush to trade.
crawford can opt out of his contract at the end of the year. he only making about 8.6 mil and could look for a better long term deal ...( see magette and bdavis) and some team will sign him for at least 8 mil a year for 5 years. so i would hold off. the same with curry.. he can opt out too. the siutuation may solve itself. i rather nothing back in return than crapp:smokin:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
What about this trade idea?

Jamal Crawford to Orlando for JJ Redick and Tony Battie.

Crawford would work well with Howard, Lewis and Turkoglu. Redick's and Battie's salary would come off the books at the end of next year. Battie is a good hustle player/shot blocker and I believe Redick can still shoot.

PG-Duhon
SG-Redick
SF-Gallineri
PF-Lee
C-Battie

Man...that's a lot of white guys.

No but i've been watching him for 3 years. Too many times he tries to beat his man one on one. He's too streaky for my liking. Too soft on D for his size (he's good sized SG) and athleticism.

You are right that only him and marbury can create their own shot tho

too many time he tries to beat his man one on one. hold up let me go back

"he gets the ball late in the shot clock"

of course, he has been coached by tool bags, the only time he played systematic basketball was when larry brown used him similarly to Rip hamilton, and he had his best season as far as getting to the basketball, and taking high percentage jump shots. Zeke tried turning him into a d wade, or kobe, or iverson type to save face, and crawford is not that. He is as talented offensively as most gaurds in this league, definitely top 10, but zekes sytem was terrible. It was the biggest paradox in all of basketball. lets take it to the chalk board

zekes game plan

1) push the ball up the court
2) slow the ball down for eddy curry
3) set back screens and cuts for the PF and small foward to get easy baskets
4) stand around and watch once randolph gets the ball during those back screens
5) at this point when there is 10 seconds left on the shot clock, pass the ball to crawford for a heave.
6) stare at eachother after the other team grabs the defensive rebound, and scores on eddy curry who has his hands on his knees. All the while crawford who usually is the only one back on defense at this point is trying to cover a 2 on 1 and gets made to look stupid for being scored on with no shot blocking presence like every other all nba defensive team guard in this league.
7) pretend in post-game interview that after 3 years this team is still learning to play together.

that is why jamal crawford is an untapped all star.