Trade Eddy Curry for a bag of Cheese Doodles

Should Eddy Curry get traded?

• Yes, he's not the centerpiece Isiah thought he would be.

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No, Eddy Curry is still young. He has potential.

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
According to Stephen A Smith, Eddy Curry should get traded for a bag of cheese doodles. Now I know this conversation was aired awhile ago, but considering how terrible Eddy Curry played in the 07-08 season, I agree.

eddy_curry.jpg
wise-cheese-doodles.jpg

Let's take a look at how Eddy Curry played, since joining the Knicks in 2005:

2005-2006 stats: 13.6 ppg, 6 rebounds, .8 blocks, 2.8 tos, 63% FT
2006-2007 stats: 19.5 ppg, 7 rebounds, .5 blocks*, 3.6 tos*, 61% FT*
2007-2008 stats: 13.2 ppg*, 4.7 rebounds*, .5 blocks*, 2.14 tos, 62% FT

*Worst total, in 3 year career as a Knick

Combined stats with Knicks: 15.4 ppg, 5.9 rebounds, .6 blocks, 62% FT

In his 3rd year, he's averaged Knick career lows in points and rebounds, as well as blocks. His rebounding, free throw shooting, and turnovers have been a problem for most of the time that he's been here.

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zT8QkAdclmQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Last edited:

Toons

is the Bo$$
lmao @ youtube vid....maybe not wise cheese doodles, i wid trade him for the imitation cheese puffs

jpz17

Starter
According to Stephen A Smith, Eddy Curry should get traded for a bag of cheese doodles. Now I know this conversation was aired awhile ago, but considering how terrible Eddy Curry played in the 07-08 season, I agree.

eddy_curry.jpg
wise-cheese-doodles.jpg

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zT8QkAdclmQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Curry and cheez doodles are the same thing, can't trade them

George M.

Benchwarmer

eddy_curry.jpg
wise-cheese-doodles.jpg

Let's take a look at how Eddy Curry played, since joining the Knicks in 2005:

2005-2006 stats: 13.6 ppg, 6 rebounds, .8 blocks, 2.8 tos, 63% FT
2006-2007 stats: 19.5 ppg, 7 rebounds, .5 blocks*, 3.6 tos*, 61% FT*
2007-2008 stats: 13.2 ppg*, 4.7 rebounds*, .5 blocks*, 2.14 tos, 62% FT

*Worst total, in 3 year career as a Knick

Combined stats with Knicks: 15.4 ppg, 5.9 rebounds, .6 blocks, 62% FT

In his 3rd year, he's averaged Knick career lows in points and rebounds, as well as blocks. His rebounding, free throw shooting, and turnovers have been a problem for most of the time that he's been here.

I'll trade him for a pack of Newports,thank you.What does coach D'Antoni see in this loser???????????

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'll trade him for a pack of Newports,thank you.What does coach D'Antoni see in this loser???????????
I have no idea. I think D'Antoni is in denial. The Knicks gave up an opportunity to draft a center, or sign a center with their MLE, so he probably thinks that he can make Eddy Curry a complete player. Curry's been trying to become a complete player for 7 years, and he still has not been able to do it. I doubt that D'Antoni can turn Curry into an elite center, or even a good center.

Paul1355

All Star
Curry is staying

haha Akamu i had to laugh reading your title. But on the real it looks like Eddy is in the Knicks future plans...if Coach D can get him back to his great season were he scored 19 ppg then watch out you'll be shutting up soon about trading Curry. I still feel he can do good and just think that last year was a disaster for everybody on this knicks team except for Zach and Crawford. If Curry can start scoring 20 a game...are going to care about his blocking, and turnovers? i wont...ofcourse he has to improve these things and he has to be polished in fundamentals and i think he will improve those little things over time. I won't worry about Curry unless he comes in this year 50 pounds heavier....but good laugh on the title with cheese doodles.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
haha Akamu i had to laugh reading your title. But on the real it looks like Eddy is in the Knicks future plans...if Coach D can get him back to his great season were he scored 19 ppg then watch out you'll be shutting up soon about trading Curry. I still feel he can do good and just think that last year was a disaster for everybody on this knicks team except for Zach and Crawford. If Curry can start scoring 20 a game...are going to care about his blocking, and turnovers? i wont...ofcourse he has to improve these things and he has to be polished in fundamentals and i think he will improve those little things over time. I won't worry about Curry unless he comes in this year 50 pounds heavier....but good laugh on the title with cheese doodles.
If Eddy Curry was to average 20 points per game next year, but his defense and rebounding was non existent, I would still want him out of the Knicks. 90% of teams that go to the playoffs have centers who play defense in their starting lineup. If Curry is unwilling to to play defense and rebound then he has to go.
I would much rather Curry average 13 points, 8 rebounds, and 1.5 blocks than to average 20 points, but only average 5 or 6 rebounds, and .5 blocks.
The center position is the main position where you need defense from, because they're the ones defending the paint.