MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Stephon Marbury "Starbury" Tatoo Appreciaton Thread....No Haterburys Allowed

n51yiu.png

Marbury Interview during Game

Last edited:

jpz17

Starter
I think he will be bought out, it sucks, I hope he isn't but I have a gut feeling. I'm a fan of him though

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I got to give Marbury his props. From that video it sounds like he really wants to play and be a contributor. I've been labeled as a "hater", and I admit I don't like the guy, but as long as he's a Knick I will root for him. I've never questioned the man's talent; I've only questioned his negative influences with team chemistry and camaraderie. I really hope he can turn things around. But if I see him on the bench scowling with a towel over his head at all this year, or hear about him being selfish and f*cking up morale in the locker room, then forget it. He will forever be one of my most hated players in the NBA. There, I’ve said my peace. No more comments from me needed about Marbury until something significant happens. Now, can we get back to discussing the most important thing to all of us…the Knicks, not one player on the Knicks.

New New York

Quiet Storm
What scares me it sounds as if he knows for sure he will be bought out. Again I think Steph should be our starting PG and it makes my skin crawl to think he may be a Celtic! But that's what buying him out could result in

SORRY A LITTLE OFF TOPIC

Um the tat is ill, but I hate tats on peoples face and head, something seems wrong about it, but I've always liked his logo

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think the tattoo looks like a vein popping out of his big ass dome.
lol I don't like the tattoo either. I voted I'm not sure, for the poll, but it makes him look like Mike Tyson. I still support Starbury, though. One tattoo isn't going to make me think that he won't play good this year. Yo, akamu. You're gonna have to fix my signature. You forgot to put the new tattoo. lol jk

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I got to give Marbury his props. From that video it sounds like he really wants to play and be a contributor. I've been labeled as a "hater", and I admit I don't like the guy, but as long as he's a Knick I will root for him. I've never questioned the man's talent; I've only questioned his negative influences with team chemistry and camaraderie. I really hope he can turn things around. But if I see him on the bench scowling with a towel over his head at all this year, or hear about him being selfish and f*cking up morale in the locker room, then forget it. He will forever be one of my most hated players in the NBA. There, I?ve said my peace. No more comments from me needed about Marbury until something significant happens. Now, can we get back to discussing the most important thing to all of us?the Knicks, not one player on the Knicks.

I gave you a rep point. When im tellin haterburys to get the f outta here or whatever thats aimed at about 3 or 4 of them...not including you. I realize your not marburys #1 fan but at the same time your opinions are fair and you give props where its due. Theres one poster on here in particular who wont root for marbury even if hes on the knicks.

GetRealistic

Starter
I gave you a rep point. When im tellin haterburys to get the f outta here or whatever thats aimed at about 3 or 4 of them...not including you. I realize your not marburys #1 fan but at the same time your opinions are fair and you give props where its due. Theres one poster on here in particular who wont root for marbury even if hes on the knicks.

Curiousity. Do you root for Jamal Crawford or Eddy Curry?

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
What scares me it sounds as if he knows for sure he will be bought out. Again I think Steph should be our starting PG and it makes my skin crawl to think he may be a Celtic! But that's what buying him out could result in

SORRY A LITTLE OFF TOPIC

Um the tat is ill, but I hate tats on peoples face and head, something seems wrong about it, but I've always liked his logo

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing as I was watching the interview...Sounds like a guy who has already made peace with the fact that he's not going to be around and that really SUCKS...

When I first heard about the tat, I thought Mike Tyson...But I like it, it's just the right size, and it's inside his hair-line, so he can always grow hair over it if he get tired of looking at it...:thumbsup:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing as I was watching the interview...Sounds like a guy who has already made peace with the fact that he's not going to be around and that really SUCKS...

When I first heard about the tat, I thought Mike Tyson...But I like it, it's just the right size, and it's inside his hair-line, so he can always grow hair over it if he get tired of looking at it...:thumbsup:
If Marbury gets waived or bought out, I'll get over it. I just know what to expect. The Knicks are going to get a franchise low # of wins. That's part of why I want Marbury on the team this year. He could help make the Knicks be competitive. But with Curry, Randolph, and Crawford as our go to guys, we're doomed from the start. I predict 22 wins, if we get rid of Marbury. I hope that Walsh makes a big trade, because the Knicks just can't win with those guys as our #1 options on offense. Randolph and Crawford could make good 2nd or 3rd options, but not first options. Curry shouldn't even be an option; he just flat out sucks. He belongs on the bench, in my opinion. If it was up to me, Jerome James or Randolph Morris would be in the starting lineup, instead of Curry.

Last edited:

umynot

Benchwarmer
Listening to Marbs talk during the game he sounded like he was already gone!! SAD!!!

Saying I just wanna play & there is 29 other teams to play for!

Sad thing is Lee and Q sounded the same way. So far only Crawford sounded like he was promised a big role on this squad! HHHHOOOOWWW?

Why Crawford over Marbury is mind boggling to me!! I understand the cancer tag Marbs has been labeled with but he is hands down better the Crawford without a doubt!

Hope in the end of preseason Marbs has changed everyones mind and we keep him here! I see a big year for Starbury just hope its for the Knicks!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Curiousity. Do you root for Jamal Crawford or Eddy Curry?

I do. You can go back and look at the game threads from early january when crawford was playin real good (offensively). I constantly gave him props, i try my best to give credit where its due. If hes on the knicks next year i hope to see him improve his shot selection and put more effort in on defense (doubt we'll see that). If currys on the team next year i hope to see him play with more passion and desire on both ends of the court. I have said before that he has the build to be a top 5 center...his problem is he doesnt love the sport of basketball. I know currys out of shape but even out of shape he can jump when he wants too. Isiah once called him the most athletic player on the team (Id have to disagree and easily go with nate robinson).

The purpose of the Crawford sucks thread was to raise awareness about crawford not being a great player or even a good player. I think hes got potential if he played smarter on offense. What kills me about crawford is hes got great ball handling skills...why cant go to the rim and draw the foul instead of jackin up shots? Hes a great free throw shooter. He could be alot better then he is...same with curry and thats why im critical of both of them. The last time i saw marbury play consistent minutes he stepped up big for us playing to his potential and showed good character (from jan. to april of the 2006-07 season). He played with alotta heart....i agree about him having a bad attitude earlier in his career. Yes his teams did get better after he left but there were other reasons aside from his departure. Hes not the same person he was earlier in his career and i expect to see him demonstrate this on the court this upcoming season whether its with the knicks or another team.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
The purpose of the Crawford sucks thread was to raise awareness about crawford not being a great player or even a good player. I think hes got potential if he played smarter on offense. What kills me about crawford is hes got great ball handling skills...why cant go to the rim and draw the foul instead of jackin up shots? Hes a great free throw shooter.

crawford is weak, he's not a good finisher anyway, crawford's shot selection has improved big time,sure his shot selection can improve, b4 to me he took the dumbest shots in da league, he is way more level headed

Last edited:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
The purpose of the Crawford sucks thread was to raise awareness about crawford not being a great player or even a good player. I think hes got potential if he played smarter on offense. What kills me about crawford is hes got great ball handling skills...why cant go to the rim and draw the foul instead of jackin up shots? Hes a great free throw shooter.

crawford is weak, he's not a good finisher anyway, crawford's shot selection has improved big time,sure his shot selection can improve, b4 to me he took the dumbest shots in da league, he is way more level headed

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

when i think about it there was a time where crawford shot selection was even worse then it was last year...although it was real bad at times as its been throughout his career ill partially agree with that. I wouldnt say its improved big time but i do agree that crawfords not a finisher. He only dunks on someone a couple times a year but even if he could get to the free throw line more often...he still takes more 3 pointers then free throws. Hes a much better free throw shooter then he is a 3 point shooter....but for some reason he doesnt recognize this.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
If Marbury gets waived or bought out, I'll get over it. I just know what to expect. The Knicks are going to get a franchise low # of wins. That's part of why I want Marbury on the team this year. He could help make the Knicks be competitive. But with Curry, Randolph, and Crawford as our go to guys, we're doomed from the start. I predict 22 wins, if we get rid of Marbury. I hope that Walsh makes a big trade, because the Knicks just can't win with those guys as our #1 options on offense. Randolph and Crawford could make good 2nd or 3rd options, but not first options. Curry shouldn't even be an option; he just flat out sucks. He belongs on the bench, in my opinion. If it was up to me, Jerome James or Randolph Morris would be in the starting lineup, instead of Curry.

Curious. How many wins do you predict if Marbury is on the team this year?