Gallinari Scores 14 Points (Youtube video)

What are your thoughts about Gallinaris 1st summer league game?

• Big Cock needs to grow and develop alot more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He did ok

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • He played good

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Big Cock = future MVP

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blas

Benchwarmer
I like his release, its a little quick. I'm excited watching this. Granted this is summer league but he looks dominate. I hope he doesn't get rattled when he has to play with the big boys.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I like his release, its a little quick. I'm excited watching this. Granted this is summer league but he looks dominate. I hope he doesn't get rattled when he has to play with the big boys.

I honestly dont think he will. He has a great attitude...hes dedicated to winning and he likes playing under pressure. He can be the go to guy down the stretch...he seems to have more swag then most international players.

New New York

Quiet Storm
It's tough for me to say because I only saw bits and peices of the game as well as MSG's you tube post (good idea!). But, I didnt like how he scored so much. Honestly he wont get some of those shots off in real game situations. He plays hard which is a plus, the fact that he went 0 for 4 and still came out with confidence also says something about his heart, but were going to have be patient with him.

Grade: C

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Gallinari played well. He looked nervous, in the first half, but he gained some confidence and knocked down some shots in the second half. He was very explosive in the third quarter especially. I also liked the fact that he knocked down all of his free throws. He needs to work on defense, though. His defense was almost as bad as Eddy Curry's and Zach Randolph's. I think Robert Traylor and some other guy each had a 3 point play on him. And I also noticed that he was leaving people open for jump shots. His driving also needs improvement, because he was having problems getting to the basket. I thought it was a good debut game, but he definitely has some room for improvement.

jpz17

Starter
he did good, I can't believe Antonio Graves didn't do anything though, they never played him! Hey MSG, you think I can make a game thread for a future game in the knicks season? (1 out of 82)

yea he did do good. i was impressed. he didnt do well in the first half but he redeemed himself and showed his versatility. he can shoot and can handle the ball pretty well. i think his rebounding can get better and defense. But what happened to nate????

I heard nate wasn't gonna paly with the team until Friday or Saturday.. Quite honestly nate doesn't even need to play. We already know he's above this type of talent level.

nyk24

Rookie
I'm as impressed as anyone would be after the first summer league game. I would've liked to see him drive a little more. He's got a nice shot. Does anyone know who he was matched up against defensively?

Kiyaman

Legend
All the attention the Knicks organization been giving to the Italian Stalion Gallo (not the media), I was waiting to bash this 19 year old at the start of the Summer League Games.
But I cant!
I like the way this 19 year old started the game "feeling-out" his teammates and oponents NBA performance. Gallo made mistake after mistake his first 23 minutes on the court going scoreless. However his last 7 minutes on the court was devastating hustle on both sides of the floor getting his teammates to have confidence in his performance scoring 14 points and sharing time in the paint to get rebounds when the team needed them the most. He is a Team-Player.
Danillo Gallinari is a Project. But a helluv a good project to have his first 3 years in the league.

Wilson Chandler took the scoring job from start to finish with an overwelming well perfomance. His overall game was great untill he went into the "One on One" mode that he picked up last season from his regular season Knick starters (cancer players) Zach, Q.Rich, Crawford, and Marbury. Chandler is the 6th, 7th, or 8th man off the bench.

Mardy Collins is finding his form as a 6.6 PG that could take it to the paint which made "Chandler & Gallo" hard for the oposition (Cavs) to defend when the Cavs had to double PG-Collins from going straight to the hoop.
Collins have to get back his passing skillz he had at Temple University (passing to moving players).
He been around to many non-moving performers that he have to pass the ball to (Marbury, Crawford, Q.Rich, Zach, and Curry).

The Knicks Roster had no one that could stop the Cavs JJ Hickson from doing his thang, or Tucker from putting on a Peremeter shooting show in the 2nd half.

PG-Roberson did well in the first half, but his decision making in the 2nd half where it counts the most will delay his career in the NBA.
I expected more from SG-Wafer his defense was great but he was not allowed in the Knicks offense.

Kiyaman

Legend
Gallinari showed he is a Team-Player.
Will he still be a team player after playing a season with the losing Knicks who has yet to get rid of any of their many selfish players on the roster?

If the average summer league player would have started out his first 20 minutes on the court like Gallinari did, would he have gotten any more playingtime his first game? NO!

You have to be the number 1 or 2 of the teams main project player to get more playingtime after (20 min poor performance) in the first game.
You cant be a 2nd round pick or a pickup player and expect more playingtime after a 20 minutes performance like that.

So expect Gallinari to do alot better vs the Spurs who summer team is never strong, and the Suns who summer team is never strong (One on One Add-One performances in both games).
But on Saturday, when the Knicks go against Ex-Coach Hannerty Bobcats with uptempo PG-DJ Augustine relentless transition with Weaver in the Backcourt and a rebounding shotblocker in Ajinca that will be waiting patiently on Chandler & Gallo inside game will be the Vegas Game to watch.

The Knicks vs Bobcat game should show us Knick-Fans how a 6.7 SF-Balkman defense and offensive picks for his teammates at the PF position is what Big-Zach Randolph refuse to do for his teammates to score in the regular season. Zach is not worth a second round pick.

airpol

Rookie
Just a word ... wait !
I'm an italian fan of Gallo but i can say he will not be the "go to guy" for this season, please let him works with coach Mike and will see what he can do.
Forget Bargnani the best attribute for Gallo is his temperament.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
I thought Gallo looked pretty good...You guys have to remember, not only is he 19 years old, but he's adjusting to a different style of game. In the Euro Leagues the lane is wider and the three point line is closer. Just think about how good he'll be if someone teaches him to use the pick & roll...In all honesty it will probably take the first few months of the season for him to adjust...

And Kiya, I'm not worried about Augustin...I think Nate is gonna abuse him on both ends of the court...