Our future PG

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I would bust a nut if we got Ricky Rubio next year. He is the chosen one.

Does anybody know if he is going to play for Spain in the Olympics this year? If so, how and when will I be able to watch him play?

metrocard

Legend
He will.

CBS should televise the olympic games.
I will find links to watch the games online.

USA vs Spain should be the best match up...I feel Greece and Argentina are overrated.

Only 17 and is already dominating men in Europe.

Been pro since he was 14.

Thats bigger than what Gallinari has done at 17.

If he works on his jumper, he really have the complete offensive game.

He's a good defender also, he's like Iverson wit the steals and has Dhalsim like arms, his wingspan is rediculous and is one of the best perimeter defenders in Europe(which is special since he's 17 once again)

Rubio
Chandler
Gallinari
Lee
???

Trin_Starr

Starter
And who says Donnie doesn't have a plan??
1. Acquire scrubs duhon and roberson
2. Jettison Marbury so he can't play like an allstar in his contract year
3. Keep Zach instead of trading him to the clips to worsen chemistry and stop ball movement.
4. Make JC the core of the offensive schemes with his 39% shooting.

And with that my friends - will guarantee the knicks finish with the worse record in the league, get the #1 pick and grab Ricky Rubio.

Guiness-Brilliant.jpg

Paul1355

All Star
Ricky Rubio?

Who is this Ricky Rubio guy everyone is raving about? Doesnt he play for a Long Island team? I really dont know just want to know his stats and why everyone loves this guy.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Who is this Ricky Rubio guy everyone is raving about? Doesnt he play for a Long Island team? I really dont know just want to know his stats and why everyone loves this guy.

if u watch those videos u would know he doesnt play for a long island team, lol

Paul1355

All Star
Ricky Rubio looks good

I didnt know about this Ricky Rubio guy untill people on this site brought him up and then i checked out some videos of him and the first thing that came to mind was Pete Marivich. Then i went on Wikipedia and it says about him that the most common comparison is Pete Marvich, lol so i guess i share a view of many. I know he's elligible for the 2009 NBA draft so does anybody think we can pick up this guy becuase he looks extremely talented with great passing and ball handling ability. And is 6'3 prob be 6'4 at PG a tall PG. Any possibilities as a Knick?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
There's no way of knowing if the Knicks will be able to draft Ricky Rubio, because the Marbury situation has yet to be resolved. If the Knicks waive, buyout, or trade Marbury, the Knicks are going to be horrible next year, and we'll get a chance to draft Rubio. If the Knicks keep Marbury and start him, the Knicks will most likely win a minimum of 30 games, and the Knicks will most likely not have a chance to draft him.

These are a list of players that I think the Knicks should try to draft next year:

Ricky Rubio PG
Hasheem Thabeet C
Blake Griffin SF/PF
Lester Hudson PG/SG

There's no way of knowing if the Knicks will be able to draft Ricky Rubio, because the Marbury situation has yet to be resolved. If the Knicks waive, buyout, or trade Marbury, the Knicks are going to be horrible next year, and we'll get a chance to draft Rubio. If the Knicks keep Marbury and start him, the Knicks will most likely win a minimum of 30 games, and the Knicks will most likely not have a chance to draft him.

I like your list of player's that we should be drafting next year abcd, but you have to be realistic about the whole Marbury situation. He's done here in NY and he'll probably try and catch on with a Championship contender (Celtic's)so he can get a ring or he'll sit the year and go play overseas next year. He won't be traded because all we could get for him would be a bunch of bad player's with worse contracts, if we were lucky we might be able to get a draft pick for him but like I said ...it will come with baggage. If he went to the Celtic's would you still be a fan of his?

Paul1355

All Star

These are a list of players that I think the Knicks should try to draft next year:

Ricky Rubio PG
Hasheem Thabeet C
Blake Griffin SF/PF
Lester Hudson PG/SG

The first two guys especially Thabeet i have like on this Knicks team for a while now...good list but Marbury is out unless he'd want to sign a small deal which i doubt he'd want to do.

Paul1355

All Star
Marbury just wants to play you conservative

WTF is ur problem? We havent gone anywere with Marbury and he has been a problem with team chemistry and with coaches....i like him and think he will do better this year. i think his life has changed with his father's death...but as this team goes...i doubt he'll stay...u gotta look at reality, Marbury does have an ego and after making 21 Mil you think he'll settle for a really small offer? As Borat says "NOT!" I dont think Donnie trust him after all that has gone down.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Marbury still has one more year left. The Knicks don't have to give him an offer, because he's already scheduled to make 21 million dollars for the 2008-2009 season. Marbury said that he wants to play in Italy after his contract is up, so he's not really looking for an extension. What Team Starbury wants is for Marbury to play for the Knicks next year. We know that he's our only All Star, and we know that he's the only current Knick that has gone to the playoffs with the Knicks.

We don't trust Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, Jamal Crawford, Chris Duhon, and Zach Randolph with this franchise, because they've never led this team to the playoffs. In fact, two of those players that are bolded have never been to the playoffs.

For those of you that think Marbury is gone, look what I found:

<TABLE class=" gSGTable" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 border=0><TBODY><TR class=gSGSectionColumnHeadings><TD class=gSGSectionColumnHeadings noWrap width=40>NUM</TD><TD class=gSGSectionColumnHeadings noWrap align=left width=160>PLAYER</TD><TD class=gSGSectionColumnHeadings noWrap align=left width=40>POS</TD><TD class=gSGSectionColumnHeadings noWrap align=left width=40>HT</TD><TD class=gSGSectionColumnHeadings noWrap align=left width=40>WT</TD><TD class=gSGSectionColumnHeadings noWrap align=left width=65>DOB</TD><TD class=gSGSectionColumnHeadings noWrap align=left width=185>FROM</TD><TD class=gSGSectionColumnHeadings noWrap align=left width=30>YRS</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gSGRowEven>32</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>Renaldo Balkman </TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>F </TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>6-8</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>208</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>07/14/1984</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>South Carolina</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven align=middle>2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gSGRowOdd>21</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>Wilson Chandler </TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>F </TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>6-8</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>220</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>05/10/1987</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>DePaul</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd align=middle>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gSGRowEven>25</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>Mardy Collins </TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>G </TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>6-6</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>220</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>08/04/1984</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>Temple</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven align=middle>2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gSGRowOdd>11</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>Jamal Crawford </TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>G </TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>6-5</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>200</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>03/20/1980</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>Michigan</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd align=middle>8</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gSGRowEven>34</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>Eddy Curry </TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>C </TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>6-11</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>285</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>12/05/1982</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>Thornwood HS (IL)</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven align=middle>7</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gSGRowOdd></TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>Chris Duhon </TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>G </TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>6-1</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>185</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>08/31/1982</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>Duke</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd align=middle>4</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gSGRowEven></TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>Danilo Gallinari </TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>F </TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>6-8</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>210</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>08/08/1988</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven></TD><TD class=gSGRowEven align=middle>R</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gSGRowOdd>13</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>Jerome James </TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>C </TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>7-1</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>285</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>11/17/1975</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>Florida A&M</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd align=middle>8</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gSGRowEven>20</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>Jared Jeffries </TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>F </TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>6-11</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>240</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>11/25/1981</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>Indiana</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven align=middle>6</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gSGRowOdd>2</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>Fred Jones (FA) </TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>G </TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>6-2</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>225</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>03/11/1979</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>Oregon</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd align=middle>6</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gSGRowEven>42</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>David Lee </TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>F </TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>6-9</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>240</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>04/29/1983</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>Florida</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven align=middle>3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gSGRowOdd>3</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>Stephon Marbury</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>G </TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>6-2</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>205</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>02/20/1977</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>Georgia Tech</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd align=middle>12</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gSGRowEven>5</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>Randolph Morris (FA) </TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>C </TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>6-11</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>260</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>01/02/1986</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>Kentucky</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven align=middle>2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gSGRowOdd>50</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>Zach Randolph </TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>F </TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>6-9</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>260</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>07/16/1981</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>Michigan State</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd align=middle>7</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gSGRowEven>23</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>Quentin Richardson </TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>F-G </TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>6-6</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>235</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>04/13/1980</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>DePaul</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven align=middle>8</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gSGRowOdd></TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>Anthony Roberson </TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>G </TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>6-2</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>180</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>02/14/1983</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>Florida</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd align=middle>2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gSGRowEven>4</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>Nate Robinson </TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>G </TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>5-9</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>180</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>05/31/1984</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>Washington</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven align=middle>3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gSGRowOdd>31</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>Malik Rose </TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>F </TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>6-7</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>255</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>11/23/1974</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>Drexel</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd align=middle>12</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

dre48ny

Rotation player
Rubio would be nice.

The lottery is so unpredicatable, chicago had a better record than most teams in the lottery and they got it. If the Knicks suck I hope they win the lottery.