Look at the Knicks Payroll compared to others lol

Paul1355

All Star
wow alot of surprises here did not know KG made the most at 24 mil? damn and marbs makes more than everybody else besides KG lol. Seein the Knicks payroll and other teams just makes me sick. Brings back isiah memories.

Toons

is the Bo$$
main reason i have a problem with steph....he dosent produce for the amount he makes. He and z-bo make more than mello n lebron combined...with a few million extra

nyk_nyk

All Star
main reason i have a problem with steph....he dosent produce for the amount he makes. He and z-bo make more than mello n lebron combined...with a few million extra
I hear what your saying Toons, but you can't really look at it like that. These guys recieved these deals based on their performance prior to the contracts. Honestly, teams have no idea if a player will maintain their production throughout the life of their contracts but they do it because players want multi-year deals for stability.

Case in point: Jared Jeffries and Jerome James

Toons

is the Bo$$
agreed, but im sayin, a player with that kind of contract should have a more gracious attitude.....if marbury wasnt a 20 n 8 guy, but he had the attitude of KG, i wouldnt be as upset.

NYK 33 TaVe

Benchwarmer
wow alot of surprises here did not know KG made the most at 24 mil? damn and marbs makes more than everybody else besides KG lol. Seein the Knicks payroll and other teams just makes me sick. Brings back isiah memories.

Yeah well KG won a championship lol, Marbury did not...

It makes me sick too..

Kiyaman

Legend
Point be made is Phoenix gave Steph that big contract and Portland gave Zach that big contract. And both players were bringing their team down with serious attitude problems and selfishness toward their teammates.
Both teams became successful winning teams once these players were gone.
Assistant Coach D'Antoni owes Marbury for getting his Head Coaching Job in Phoenix.

The Knicks did not have a psychiatrist class for these players to attend on a daily basis so why bring the next team big problem players to the Knicks.
Crawford was another head-case problem that no NBA team bothered to give an offersheet to while he was a free agent.
And these are the players that "Loony Tune" Isiah Thomas put as the first, second, and third option on offense.
And Fans did not understand why the Knicks kept having 33 and 23 win seasons back to back with Isiah Thomas.

Kiyaman

Legend
If the trade with the Clippers for Zach Randolph would have went down look at the position the Knicks would be in at the start of the 2009-10 season.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Point be made is Phoenix gave Steph that big contract and Portland gave Zach that big contract. And both players were bringing their team down with serious attitude problems and selfishness toward their teammates.
Both teams became successful winning teams once these players were gone.
Assistant Coach D'Antoni owes Marbury for getting his Head Coaching Job in Phoenix.

The Knicks did not have a psychiatrist class for these players to attend on a daily basis so why bring the next team big problem players to the Knicks.
Crawford was another head-case problem that no NBA team bothered to give an offersheet to while he was a free agent.
And these are the players that "Loony Tune" Isiah Thomas put as the first, second, and third option on offense.
And Fans did not understand why the Knicks kept having 33 and 23 win seasons back to back with Isiah Thomas.
Stephon Marbury made the playoffs with the Suns, in the 2002-2003 season. In the 2003-2004 season, Amare Stoudamire got injured, and the team had problems winning games because of it. It wasn't because Marbury was a "cancer." Steve Nash got to play on that team with the addition of Quentin Richardson, an increased minutes per game Joe Johnson, and a healthy Amare Stoudamire. That's why they were successful. They later got Raja Bell and Boris Diaw, too.

The Portland Trailblazers won 11 more games in the 2006-2007 season than they did in the 2005-2006 season. The Blazers were already headed in the right direction with Randolph. They mainly traded Randolph, because of his oversized contract and because he had a lot of off the court problems.

The Suns traded Marbury because he had an oversized contract and they felt that they could get a lot in return for Marbury, which they did.

It wasn't because they were cancers to their team. I know the media likes to say that, but that's just not true.
The Suns had a 44-38 record with Marbury, in the 2002-2003 season, and Zach Randolph was part of a 50-32 Trailblazers team in the 2002-2003 season. Zach Randolph also was part of a 41-41 team in the 2003-2004 season(a season where Randolph averaged 20 points and 10 rebounds). Starbury played on a 7th seed Knick team in the 2003-2004 season, too.

You can't just listen to what the media says; you have to look at the facts. The media loves to take any little flaw in a player and magnify it by 20. That trade with the Clippers would have been stupid, because the Clippers wanted a first round pick from us. Had they offered the Knicks two second round picks and DeAndre Jordan, it would've been a good move. But one second round pick for one player and a first round pick is a bad move. The Nuggets are kicking themselves for trading Marcus Camby the way that they did.

Paul1355

All Star
Stephon Marbury made the playoffs with the Suns, in the 2002-2003 season. In the 2003-2004 season, Amare Stoudamire got injured, and the team had problems winning games because of it. It wasn't because Marbury was a "cancer." Steve Nash got to play on that team with the addition of Quentin Richardson, an increased minutes per game Joe Johnson, and a healthy Amare Stoudamire. That's why they were successful. They later got Raja Bell and Boris Diaw, too.

The Portland Trailblazers won 11 more games in the 2006-2007 season than they did in the 2005-2006 season. The Blazers were already headed in the right direction with Randolph. They mainly traded Randolph, because of his oversized contract and because he had a lot of off the court problems.

The Suns traded Marbury because he had an oversized contract and they felt that they could get a lot in return for Marbury, which they did.

It wasn't because they were cancers to their team. I know the media likes to say that, but that's just not true.
The Suns had a 44-38 record with Marbury, in the 2002-2003 season, and Zach Randolph was part of a 50-32 Trailblazers team in the 2002-2003 season. Zach Randolph also was part of a 41-41 team in the 2003-2004 season(a season where Randolph averaged 20 points and 10 rebounds). Starbury played on a 7th seed Knick team in the 2003-2004 season, too.

You can't just listen to what the media says; you have to look at the facts. The media loves to take any little flaw in a player and magnify it by 20. That trade with the Clippers would have been stupid, because the Clippers wanted a first round pick from us. Had they offered the Knicks two second round picks and DeAndre Jordan, it would've been a good move. But one second round pick for one player and a first round pick is a bad move. The Nuggets are kicking themselves for trading Marcus Camby the way that they did.

:peace:word

NYK 33 TaVe

Benchwarmer

So your saying a 44-38 record is worth 20 + million for one player? :crossfingers:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
So your saying a 44-38 record is worth 20 + million for one player? :crossfingers:
Honestly, just shut the f*(k up. I actually said that he had an oversized contract, so I don't know what your point is. If your point is to be an illiterate jackass, you succeeded, though.

My point was that Marbury isn't a cancer and I proved it. Cancers don't play on winning teams. Cancers play on losing teams and are one dimensional. Marbury has never been one dimensional, and although he's been on losing teams, he's also been on winning teams before. You're clearly just a hater, and that's why you criticize teams for going 44-38.

Tracy McGrady, Grant Hill, Carmelo Anthony, Andre Miller, Mike Miller, and Yao Ming have made big contracts and have never made it passed the first round of the playoffs. Are they cancers? No, so shut up.

GetRealistic

Starter
My only arguement is that Marbury should have the highest contract in the NBA not the second highest. Just look at his resume over the last few seasons. On the court he's been an absolute beast. Leading the league in numerous categories, not to mention the leadership he's shown by grooming the younger guys.

Id gladly pay him 50 mill for that 2004 season when the only reason we got knocked out of the playoffs was because of the referee scandal. Starbury was poised to lead yet another long run through the playoffs like he has in all his other stops.

Also you gotta figure in all the good press he gives the organization with his off the court attitude and behavior. He is always 100 percent professional around team staff and the media. His personality really gives off great vibes and shows the world what the Knicks are about.

I don't know how you guys can call him a loser, I few calls here and a few calls there he'd probably have 3 championships and 4 MVPS since he joined the team. If Lenny Wilkens, Herb Williams, Larry Brown, and Isiah Thomas just listened to Marbury and let him coach the team we would have been fine.

Lets just stop fooling around and lock him up to an extension now, because if he hits the open market teams are going to be lining up to sign him. With Steph on your team your a lock to atleast make the second round of the playoffs if not the conference finals.

Team Starbury 4-life

Dirk

Benchwarmer
Is like pay lot of money at facny restrant for nice dinner, except food of you is cold and waiter say I dont care when you complane but stil he want you to come back in his restarnt

moneyg

Starter
so.. once they add in duhons contract they will be at 100 mil again

thank god we get marbury off and rose off the books next year to a tune of 30 mil

moneyg

Starter
to be totally honest. i really don care what the knicks payroll is right now. as long as we have the flexability to sign lebron in 2010.

it aint my money AND.. DONT EVEN BRING UP TICKET PRICES.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
jAMES Dolan shoud be drag from bed of him onto street in midle of nite with wife and kid of him looking and get hit with golfing clubb until he is baerly stil alife. This milion he spend on grabage for year after year, unother year of knick suck, oh yes jerom james he do nothing in nba he is like elefant try to play basketball "lets hand to him 20 millions" say Dolan, elefant mite have some more moves than him down low in post, what he thinks???