Marbury/Crawford incident DIDNT HAPPEN

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/crawford/

Getting the story straight

First things first . . . let's talk about the report that's making some national headlines.

The headlines read, "Crawford Doesn't Want Marbury Around." So if you read the story that came out in Marc Berman's blog, he goes on to say that while a writer was in front of Stephon's locker when Steph got out the shower, that there was some sort of argument and I'm in the background telling people to watch those guys argue.

Problem is the story WASN'T TRUE!!!

When Steph came out of the shower I was already gone out of the locker room! I did come back in the locker room to get my cell phone that I had forgot. I saw a lot of reporters around Steph's locker (they are always there) and I picked up my cell phone and left...So when I heard about this the next day, I went and told Steph abut what Berman had wrote and told him that it wasn't true. Steph wasn't worried about it, but I didn't want him to have to read something like that before I could talk to him. That's how teams fall apart.

So after practice on Wednesday I planned on asking Berman about this blog or whatever he wrote. In typical Berman fashion after he writes something like this, he doesn't come the next day...LOL. And Berman is actually a good guy, but I guess he needed something to write.

But, anyway, today Berman does come to practice and afterwards he's interviewing Coach Dantoni and I go up and tap him. He stayed with his interview, so our PR person goes and tells Berman that I want to talk to him. So when Berman's finished, he comes over and the first thing he does is apoligize.

I say, "Marc, you can say I'm terrible, I'm weak, I'm a bad player...anything.You have that right. But don't lie on me."

I explain the situation to him and the same story from the locker room that night that I just told you guys and he says, "I was told that's what happened." I said, "So you didn't actually see it? This is just what you've been told. You've been around me four years, have I EVER did anything like throw a teammate under the bus?" He says "No," so then I said, "So why would I do it now? Why, when were trying to build team chemistry, do something like that?"

He couldn't really answer me, so I said, "Well, now I'm going to have to write about you on my blog." So there it is! Haaa...

Other then that, let me answer some of your questions and the comments that I've seen:

I think I'm going to be a great fit for the system. It's a lot of catch and shoot and that's fine, but I'll be able to make plays for myself and other people at different parts of the game...You guys shouldn't get to uptight by what your seeing now. It's PRESEASON!!!!. If we went 7-0 right now, that doesn't mean we're gonna be in the playoffs and if we go 0-7 that doesn't mean we won't....We will be exciting and we will win our share of games, but right now coach is trying to build everyone's confidence. So you'll see everyone taking shots or doing things that you're not used to seeing. But.Oct 29th things are for real...Judge us from there.

Oh yea, Baby Creezy, thanks for the youtube mix you did. I had already checked it out and it was one of my favorites from before.

JC

smh @ some of the posters on here who believe the crap in the post and the daily news

lol @ this

I was really close with Isiah and didn't know who would be coming to coach us and was pretty nervous about that. When I found out it was Coach D'Antoni, I didn't know what to do. I was so excited because that's the style of ball I like to play. This is the best chance I may ever have at proving I belong as an elite player.

:td::td:

portega1968

El Cacique
Reporting you saw something that you really didn't is like a mortal sin in journalism. If he at least would've said that someone told him that, it would've covered his sorry butt. I can't imagine the NYPost keeping him on the Knicks beat after misleading readers like that. Knicks's management has the right to ask Berman for a retraction and even refuse to give him access to the players in light of this fact.

Knick fans should come together, whether for or against Marbury, and demand that the Post do something about this creep.

GetRealistic

Starter
Yea he won't get fired. He covered himself. If he wrote that stuff in his actual article it would be ground for being fired. But writing that in a blog he's fine. Because blogs are opinions by definition.

portega1968

El Cacique
Yea he won't get fired. He covered himself. If he wrote that stuff in his actual article it would be ground for being fired. But writing that in a blog he's fine. Because blogs are opinions by definition.

true dat... however, it does undermine his credibility and if I were his boss I would be concerned.

This clearly indicates he has some sort of hidden agenda to influence the makeup of this team with his comments. Thank God Craw had that blog to defend himself and set the record straight.

Toons

is the Bo$$
cosign

when i heard the story i didnt believe it. if its one thing jamal is, is a good teammate. from chi town to new york, he may not be like by fans, but he was a friend to his teammates. and like iv been trying to say to kiyaman for days, this is preseason....just like a more competitive summer league. thats all it is....experimenting time, so criticizing dantoni should not be our concearn until we are actually IN the nba season. When u play 2k8/9 in a season, do u play ur preseason games? or sim them? sim them....why? because PRESEASON DOSENT COUNT!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Damn I never believed the story thats why I didnt post it when I read it, but I atleast thought Berman just took something like Jamal saying whats up to Steph and turning it into him motioning to reporters that Steph was arguing with a reporter. But to flat out lie about the whole thing is wack. I guess we all have to pay the bills somehow!

The sad thing is a lot of sports reporters are unreliable, there just fans with voices in the media!

portega1968

El Cacique
azzhole trying to save face:

REBUTTAL: I wish Jamal Crawford attacked the man he was guarding with the same ferocity he attacked me in his "blog.'' If he played defense the same way he plays denials, maybe he wouldn't have the distinction of playing more NBA games than any player without making the playoffs (532 and counting). There has been no apology and will be no apology to Crawford for the line I wrote in a prior blog that he motioned toward Marbury's locker as Starbury and a writer had a brief exchange. The person who relayed the info is trustworthy and had no reason to make it up. I do think it's great that now Crawford says he wants Marbury on the club. The two times I've asked him about it on the record previously, he gave Marbury no support. "It's a tough situation,'' Crawford said before training camp. "We'll see how it plays out.'' I guess he was saving the good stuff for his blog.

SOMEONE'S FIGHTING FOR THEIR JOB!!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
azzhole trying to save face:

REBUTTAL: I wish Jamal Crawford attacked the man he was guarding with the same ferocity he attacked me in his "blog.'' If he played defense the same way he plays denials, maybe he wouldn't have the distinction of playing more NBA games than any player without making the playoffs (532 and counting). There has been no apology and will be no apology to Crawford for the line I wrote in a prior blog that he motioned toward Marbury's locker as Starbury and a writer had a brief exchange. The person who relayed the info is trustworthy and had no reason to make it up. I do think it's great that now Crawford says he wants Marbury on the club. The two times I've asked him about it on the record previously, he gave Marbury no support. "It's a tough situation,'' Crawford said before training camp. "We'll see how it plays out.'' I guess he was saving the good stuff for his blog.

SOMEONE'S FIGHTING FOR THEIR JOB!!!

Thats funny but its fukked up. lol @ berman catching feelings :lol:

Im suprised he would take cheap shots like that, even though i completely agree with what he said about crawfords lack of defense.