Ewing cut - WTF!!!!

Trin_Starr

Starter
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10272008/sports/knicks/knicks_cut_ewing_jr__135547.htm

The KnicksNew York Knicks announced today that fan favorite Patrick Ewing Jr. will be the final cut from their roster.

Team president Donnie Walsh decided to instead keep shooting guard Anthony Roberson, who signed a one-year, $800,000 contract with the Knicks during the Las Vegas Summer League in July.

The Knicks were heavily leaning toward cutting Ewing before Friday night's preseason finale, but the decision became more difficult after Ewing lit up the Garden with an electrifying 9-minute stint in the fourth quarter, when he executed two monster dunks and sank a 3-pointer against the NetsNew Jersey Nets . The fans chanted his name in the final minutes.

Ewing practiced with the team today and said before he met with Walsh, "I'm getting ready for Miami (the season opener Wednesday)."

Ewing said if he did get cut he would consider playing in Europe or in the Developmental League.

Starks

Starter
I'll never understand why Jerome James has been on this team as long as he has. The man has absolutley no value at all.

I'm not too sure how the D-league works out. If it's like baseball, I wish they could keep him in minor league for seasoning and call him up when ready.

how the hell the d league work anyway

moneyg

Starter
now im upset. i dont ever see roberson getting off the pine. we could of used ewing jr's size incase on of our bigs gets injured. i would not be suprised if another team picks him up. damn donnie. u should got rid of roberson.. Fcuk the money.

portega1968

El Cacique

wow, although I understand that saving money drives Walsh (I wonder if his compensation is diminished by a higher payroll), the Knicks would've had an impact in ticket sales by keeping BFJ instead of Roberson, who will probably never see minutes. Keeping him wouldve been a huge public relations coup.

Anyways, something tells me this won't be the last time we see BFJ in a Knicks uniform... he can go to the DLeague and sharpen his skills to be ready when the Knicks call him again.

He can fly down to Puerto Rico and play in our league in the meantime!!!!

Trin_Starr

Starter
What a f#cked up move by Donnie...didn't he hear how the garden was rocking, chanting Ewing's name - I say the knicks get booed on opening night because of this move...

You got to be f#ckin' kiddin me....The knicks paid millions to
1. Shandon Anderson
2. Penny
3. Mo Taylor
4. Jalen Rose
5. LB
6. Anucha Brown
7. Isiah

And you're f#ckin' tellin me that they didn't want to cut the fat f#ck Jerome James....and even roberson - cmon' man - this dude won't even get off the pine... and about his shot being smooth like eddie house - yea right....in every game i've seen him - it's never fallin....

You f#cked up on this one Donnie....

we should bombard crawfords blog with hate towards them cutting EJ

atleast wed be able to let someone close to the organization know

and we know how much JC loves his blog, so he's bound to see it/comment

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think after all the shit knicks fans have been through...if you got a chance to make us happy at a small cost you gotta do it. Alotta knicks fans wont like this move, including myself. Donnie done fukked up

jpz17

Starter
absolute worst move hes ever made.. He WILL regret this.. I can hear it now.......

walsh.png

335939041_1c324bfa1d.jpg

340x.jpg

KBlack25

Starter
i actually am surprised, thats the thing

i really figured they signed him to ...do the right thing

its just crazy that they signed him to cut him .....makes no sense...

Co-sign...this move DOES actually surprise. He looked good, the fans liked him, the fans loved/love his name...I don't know it just doesn't seem to make much sense, they could've cut a lot of other guys that nobody would have missed...

basically we just cut frederick weiss and renaldo balkman

along with possibly pissing on the son of our most prized, but equally pissed on, legend.

isiah couldnt have gotten taken out of the mansion in an ambulence

he's still calling shots from the front office

tiger0330

Legend
That sucks. 9 minutes isn't enough to judge how good he was but he impressed me. These guaranteed contracts suck, he would have beat out JJ for a job if not for that.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Ewing, Jr. and D'Antoni

I am hopeful that the Knicks expect Patrick, Jr. to play in the D League and have told him that at some point in the season they will call him up. There should be some payer movement as the season progresses.

There are a couple of things about D'Antoni/Walsh that I question. (1) Although it is only two years, why did they pay Duhon so much -- the full mid-level -- when no one else was making any offers? (2) Why did they sign Roberson for a substantial amount so early in the summer league? He did not shoot well in the summer league games or in the pre-season games in which he actually played. At best he appears to be a good practice game shooter. (3) Why does Q-Rich appear to have a starting position? (4) Same for Crawford. (5) finally, what the hell use is Jerome James except as perhaps a very expensive practice big body?

D'Antoni appears to have his favorites. Taking Ewing over Roberson would be an acknowledgement that Roberson was a mistake.

Every body loves Patrick, Jr. I hope to see him again in a Knick uniform before the end of the season.

WiL8000

Rotation player
That's too bad. I would've liked to see the Knicks hold on to Ewing Jr. At the same time I'm not shocked they let the kid go. I definitely would prefer to see them let go of Roberson, but supposedly he's a decent outside shooter which plays into D'Antoni's offensive scheme. Now I'm interested to see how the season starts off for the Knicks and what moves if any will be made before mid-season.